Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

here is another epic one for you guys:

DoubleHelix

Young Lion
Reaction score
jets said:
Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you very much to everyone that had any kind of part in bringing this to fruition. I just got this 5.5 with the proper cheat file installed yesterday and have been playing ever since. Everything is working correctly. I have corrected everything with the extra arenas folder etc. I am having a problem with the Championship mode. I cannot seem to get past chapter 5 or 6 with Steve Austin without starting a match and his moves suddenly changed into The Rocks. I have gone on to finish 3 more matches after this to see if the moves would change back but once they change to The Rocks moveset, they don't go back to Austins. Everything works outside of Championship mode and everyone's moves are correct. Is there a way to fix this or does Championship mode just not work? Thank you to everyone who replies.
Did you try restarting Project64 between matches? I had an issue in WWE Champ where after the cage match with Terry Funk, all subsequent matches were one-on-one cage matches. I then restarted the mode (new game) but after the match with Funk I closed and reopened the app and the subsequent matches were fine. Similarly, last night I played around with RVD's moves in exhibition and they were fine. I then started ECW Champ and first match he had Sabu's moves. I restarted Project64 and his moves were correct. I haven't experimented much yet because I just got back into this mod recently after realizing 5.5 fixed the backstage issue. But restarting the app might be a temporary fix for some of these champ mode glitches.

edit: Just got Sabu's moves on chapter 5 and the restart didn't work. Dammit.

edit2: Now that I think about it I may have also started a new game when I had the Sabu moveset in the first match. So might have nothing to do with restarting Project64.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
In story mode, the memory doesn't always check what attire the wrestler is wearing, and therefore, the moveset codes can't be activated.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Abdullah the Butcher

P8DNqZw.png

Additional credit: CM for clothes textures from the Creator's Kit and CAW Evolution for the skin textures

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Love that sickle!

Edit : Concerning that Sickle you can fix it shaders to match it with other in-game weapons just go on your ROM were you've ported the Sickle poly and change 494949 (VPW2/WM2K Lightning Effect Value) to C8C8C8 (NM Weapons Lightning Effect Value) ;)

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
i have a unused Abdullah the Butcher mod you can use if it helps at all Chuckiepk....
Ej2Yb8D.png

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Flashman said:
Love that sickle!

Edit : Concerning that Sickle you can fix it shaders to match it with other in-game weapons just go on your ROM were you've ported the Sickle poly and change 494949 (VPW2/WM2K Lightning Effect Value) to C8C8C8 (NM Weapons Lightning Effect Value) ;)
I actually didn't need to port the sickle over from VPW2. The sickle polygon and texture already exist in the default No Mercy ROM. All that I needed to do was replace the microphone with it and then give it a higher definition texture.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, there are other weapons like that. In addition to the sickle, there are also VPW2 variations of the barbed wire baseball bat, the normal baseball bat, the chair/table piece (made up of 3 polygons), the microphone (without the cube part that is on the microphones that WWE uses), and the kendo stick. There might be others in the game but this is all that are listed. The values can be found here: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=8793566/1/.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Hmmm if i find a ways to uses VPW2´s weapons without have to replace NM's polys... We could get a guitar !

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
In Showdown all specials are S powered. Even the striking specials.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No, the power of the move and the KO probability are two different things, both of which can be modified using Gonzo Mods .

L

Loves2splooge

Crowd Member
Hello again all. I wanted to start by saying thank you to Chuckiepk, for the link on downloading the mod for WWF No Mercy, it was very helpful. Also, I have been having a blast with the game since, and cant wait to see what is in store for the future. After many hours of playing, I have become very interested in learning to do some 'minor' moding myself... if anyone would be interested in some community service of exchanging emails to help walk me through the basics and teach me the ropes, i would be forever grateful. Obviously, if no interest, i completely understand -- you guys do MORE than enough bringing us this great game already. thanks again to all for all the hard work and hours put in.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Just got a much fun match with Showdown64 , a triple threat with me as Rick Rude vs Mr Perfect vs Jake The Snake Roberts on the NXT arena in Hard difficulty, while playing the Jesse Ventura/Moonsoon commentary sound file in winamp for more immersion.

And oh boy it was incredibly intense, between the counters , the reversal , the giant amount of backstabbing (that amount of backstabbing match was fitting completely with the heel ambiance), the last second pin/submission save, we managed to go into a draw after the 15 minutes were elapsed
rsVDDme.jpg

I think the highlight of the match was Mr Perfect applying his special (the Perfectplex) to Jake Roberts only with me kicking them to stop the pin at 2 , then grabbing and throwing Mr Perfect out of the ring and put a submission on a badly weakened Roberts only for Mr Perfect to break it by jumping on us from the turnbuckle.

The action was flowing just right there.

And a couple of minutes later, after slamming Hennig on the ground, Roberts with his just acquired special (after a taunt while i was grappling Perfect) grab me from the back, turn me and apply his devastating DDT special.

After the hit my special was very weakned, letting me ready for defeat, so Jake Roberts immediately went for the pin, only for Mr Perfect back on his feet to kick us out of it and make the save.

Man what a very fun and intense match it was, with a guest star from a steel chair i gathered from the crowd after having been thrown out temporarely out of the ring.

The kind of match that reminds me why No Mercy is still the best wrestling, despite it has never been a fast game, the action can be so intense that it feel lots of things are happening quickly.