Showdown 64

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
I have been trying out different ideas that I had for updating the interface. Right now I have the wrestler select screen's background be a shot of the locker room. In addition, I have made it so that the TV changes depending on the stable that is selected at the moment. Should I keep it this way or just go back to the original Showdown background?

sTxMJEV.gif
That is a much better interface dude

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
That TV display changing with the stable/era is a really nice touch, great work !

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Bro, that is on a new level of awesome, special kudos for including the PWHF logo, I live in Wichita Falls and have visited the Hall several times - the new look has my vote.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Agreed, the new one is better bro, amazing how little touches like the TV screen can make the game so much better!!

BilkyBob

Midcard
Reaction score
Love the new interface. The T.V. with the stables looks great, plus it's to the side as not to interfere with the wrestlers or their icons. Good stuff! Looks like they're getting ready in the locker room walk out and put a beating on someone.

lobodamainman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey wanted to thank you for this game. And I have a couple questions.

- During the ladder or TLC match if the CPU pins you (using move that ends with a pin) its impossible to get out of far as I can tell without quitting the match. Any fix for this?

- All battle royals and fatal 4 ways for the title end up with the title being vacant can anything be done about that?

- There is a glitch that randomly happens where the screen will freeze and turn completely black when being outside the ring. Its a pretty nasty one that doesn't seem to have a specific reason, but its killed several of my matches. Have to reset to fix.

Thanks again for the hard work. Love this mod.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The battle royal/fatal 4 way for a championship glitch is a problem that occurred in the original game. So, there is not a way to fix it at the moment. As for your other glitches, I have not had them happen to me yet. However, I will try to see if I can replicate what is happening to you. Maybe try turning off pins and submissions in the rules menu when you are going to have a Ladder/TLC match.

lobodamainman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
The battle royal/fatal 4 way for a championship glitch is a problem that occurred in the original game. So, there is not a way to fix it at the moment. As for your other glitches, I have not had them happen to me yet. However, I will try to see if I can replicate what is happening to you. Maybe try turning off pins and submissions in the rules menu when you are going to have a Ladder/TLC match.
I did turn them off, that's the problem. Its almost like its waiting for a count to happen. Go have a TLC or Ladder match with the CPU (Try Jeff Hardy) he'll do a hurricanrana with a pin and its impossible to break free. He was literally pinning me for 20 minutes.

And that black screen glitch is pretty random all I know is it always occurs outside the ring.

lol yeah the title thing I thought i recalled from the original No Mercy.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
After watching and enjoying the Charlotte and Sasha Banks hell in a cell match, i decided to play one on Showdown64

As Charlotte and Sasha aren't yet available, this one opposed 2 of "The Big 3" luchadors :
El Santo and Mil Mascaras

The match started with a few forth and back showing off a balanced match, until El Santo started to block and reverse his opponent assault

From then he started to dominate the match, ready for force Mil Mascaras to submit to a painful armlock

Not letting the fans enthousiasm down, El Santo displayed more of his skills and after Mil Mascaras tried to make a come back, shoved his opponent into a headlock to stop him from getting more confidence.

But it was too late, Mil Mascaras was stopping selling anything and after a devastating move to break his opponent, he went for a pin, but under the crowd vocal support El Santo managed to kick out of it.

El Santo was bravely fighting, but he was badly hurt, and even with the fans pushing him, he couldn't do much to stop Mil Mascaras' onslaught, only saved by the ropes

But Mil Mascaras had the definitive upper hand, and after a last attempt from El Santo to stand up to his opponent, Mil Mascaras applied an acrobatic rolling crutch pin for the 1 . 2 .. 3 victory

A bug report :
I was playing a deathmatch on the invasion arena for the TNA title (hold by Austin by default) with Kurt Angle.

Austin threw me out of the ring, i managed to grab Stone Cold and throw him up the ramp, the game immediately switched to the backstage corridor and a second later froze.

exildaot

Young Lion
Reaction score
i have a little issue with the mod.

it looks like this:to often, it freezes in the middle of a match. it mainly happens when i'm outside the ring.

what could i do to solve this problem? is it the emulator (which is 2.1 btw)

10x for your help.

lobodamainman

Young Lion
Reaction score
exildaot said:
i have a little issue with the mod.

it looks like this:to often, it freezes in the middle of a match. it mainly happens when i'm outside the ring.

what could i do to solve this problem? is it the emulator (which is 2.1 btw)

10x for your help.
I'm glad someone else has this problem. I can't even play it anymore due to it. I'd have to trap myself in the ring the whole match.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Maybe more information could be helpful for the mod devs to find the source of that problem :
- does this happen on a specific arena ?
- does this happen on a specific match type ?
- does this happen with specific wrestlers ?

So far i only encountered a freeze on the situation i described on my previous post ( on Invasion arena, on Deathmatch match type, while both wrestler were out of the ring, Kurt Angle threw Austin up the ramp that immediately had the game switching to backstage and insta-freeze )

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fizanko said:
Maybe more information could be helpful for the mod devs to find the source of that problem :
- does this happen on a specific arena ?
- does this happen on a specific match type ?
- does this happen with specific wrestlers ?

So far i only encountered a freeze on the situation i described on my previous post ( on Invasion arena, on Deathmatch match type, while both wrestler were out of the ring, Kurt Angle threw Austin up the ramp that immediately had the game switching to backstage and insta-freeze )
Thanks for the information. I will try looking into what is causing this problem.

I am trying something new for the alternate attires that I was in the process of including in the save. Instead of having the attires be arena specific, I am working on a button activated system that allows all attires to be selectable in any arena. Attire slots will be able to be selected by pressing both C-Down and one of the D-Pad buttons at the same time.

kUrCbqw.gif