Showdown 64

Creek

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Make sure you read the directions completely. You either need to check the folder that you have the save's textures in or else make sure that your emulator settings match my settings from the Imgur album in the first post.
Everything is set according to your settings, I'll make sure to post a screen cap of mine for you to double check. :wall:

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think that I was finally able to find out the cause of most of the freezing issues. Narrowing down the conflicting codes took a pretty long time. The reason why the freezing was so difficult to fix was that a few different codes contained the lines that would cause the freeze. In order to fix your version of the save, either disable or delete the following cheat codes:

Showdown 64\Arenas\Promotion 1\0009 - COLISEO ARENA\Ring & Ring Area\No Ring Steps\1
Showdown 64\Arenas\Promotion 2\0006 - CLASSIC ARENA\Ring & Ring Area\No Ring Steps\1
Showdown 64\Arenas\Promotion 2\0008 - NJPW DOMINION\Ring & Ring Ring Area\No Ring Steps\1
Showdown 64\Arenas\Promotion 2\0009 - NJPW CLASSIC\Ring & Ring Area\No Ring Steps\1
Showdown 64\Wrestling Match Types\01: Match Types\15: Deathmatch\Remove Steps Collision and Graphics

There may be a few more codes that can cause the freeze once in a while, but I think that these ones were the main causes.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Great work at finding the most important sources of the freeze !

@Creek
The source of your problem is very likely that in this screenshot , in the Directories settings :
http://b3.ifrm.com/30080/166/0/p3001822/bandicam_2017_01_17_11_36_10_695.jpg

You have the textures path set to :
...Plugin\GFX\hires_textures\

Meaning that the game will search the hires_textures folder into
And so will not find it as there's no
...plugin\GFX\hires_textures\hires_textures\

So to have the hires texture work, change the line
into
...Plugin\GFX\

On my Project64 it's how i set it up and it works

Creek

Young Lion
Reaction score
Disappointed this doesn't work for me. Unless there are extra steps missing from the instructions I've correctly installed this. It's a shame this won't work, I give up :wall:

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Try this :

Make a default unmodified Project64 , i see you're using 2.3, i'm using 2.1 but i don't think it would make a difference.

Now it's important so make sure :

- the Project64.cht file from Showdown64 is in
...\yourP64directory\Config\

- the WWF No Mercy.fla and WWF No Mercy.mpk files from Showdown64 are in
...\yourP64directory\Save\

- there is a "hires_texture" folder is in
...\yourP64directory\Plugin\GFX\

- the WWF No Mercy folder that contain all the Showdown64 textures is in
...\yourP64directory\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\
so it looks like by example for the AJ Styles textures
...\yourP64directory\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\WWF No Mercy\Roster\AJ Styles\

- make sure the WWF No Mercy.z64 rom is in (IMPORTANT : it must be the rom 1.0 , not the rom 1.1 or the mod will not work as the memory addresses required by the cheat file aren't the same)
...\yourP64directory\Rom\

- make sure you have patched the WWF No Mercy.z64 rom according to the "1-Patching your ROM file" from the 1st post of this thread in the "Instruction and Download" section.
Personnally i patched with LunarIPS without problem.

Now launch Project64

- Click on File -> Choose Rom Directory and select the correct rom directory (in case you have several Project64 directories, if you don't choose the one from your Showdown64 powered P64 , the game may then not load the correct patched No Mercy rom)

- Click on Options -> Settings
At "Directories" make sure it looks like this :
(Project 64 2.1 SH64 is the name of my P64 + Showdown64 folder as i have several P64 directories each with a different mod for No Mercy, your own P64 directory name may then be different)

At "Plugins" make sure it looks like that :
(the important one is the Jabo 1.7 plugin as it's what is going to replace textures by the SH64 ones)

At "Advanced make sure "Remember Selected Cheats" is enabled so you don't have to re-enable the cheats after every P64 launch

- in the Rom list on the main P64 window, Right Click on WWF No Mercy and click on "Edit Cheat"
Enable only the "Showdown64" cheats
But read this post from Chuckiepk for specific cheats you need to disable to avoid a nasty freeze problem when a wrestler is out of the ring
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/single/?p=10003624&t=10005574

That should be all, if you have set up everything correctly , you will enjoy Showdown64 in its full glory.

exildaot

Young Lion
Reaction score
how can i clone a wrestler in showdown? it always freezes.

i have this issue too:

all the wrestlers i download are named like this: WWF No Mercy#AD286BAD#2#1#173CF1BC_ciByRGBA

in showdown its like that: 5941D591E1DCFF907563FCCD1C1FAE91

i have the repo man i want to install and many others but the files names starts by WWF No Mercy#16503B9E#2#1#ED1F57B6_ciByRGBA

if i wanna add new wrestlers in showdown.. where should i start with this?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another epic match for you guys:

Hopefully we get to see these guys in the ring with each other at least once!!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
exildaot said:
how can i clone a wrestler in showdown? it always freezes.

i have this issue too:

all the wrestlers i download are named like this: WWF No Mercy#AD286BAD#2#1#173CF1BC_ciByRGBA

in showdown its like that: 5941D591E1DCFF907563FCCD1C1FAE91

i have the repo man i want to install and many others but the files names starts by WWF No Mercy#16503B9E#2#1#ED1F57B6_ciByRGBA

if i wanna add new wrestlers in showdown.. where should i start with this?
If the wrestlers that you are trying to install come with a formula, use that to create the wrestler. After that, dump the textures that are used. This will provide you with the file names that you should use. Last, rename the downloaded textures with the names given by the dumped textures. This is done because the naming format is slightly different for Showdown.

I am currently trying out some things that I learned from Jordyad/Flashman, S.K. Stylez, and WldFb regarding alternate attires. Using their tutorials, I was able to add additional attire slots to the Hulk Hogan wrestler slot. So for example when the 5th attire slot is selected, it changes to his Hollywood attire. I would eventually like to try to do the same to the other wrestler slots in the game to make an almost limitless roster.

DY4yKDo.gif

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
i have nearly lost my mind trying to get this work lol you got a breakdown for this?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It is not that difficult once you have the format down. However, there is a lot of coding required in order to make each attire work.

First, you will need the following code

D11212BC 2842
811212BE XXXX
D110BE94 2A02
8110BE96 XXXX
D110BE94 2A02
8110BEA6 YYYY
D110BE3C 2A02
8110BE3E XXXX

where XXXX represents the number of attires that you would like for each wrestler and YYYY represents the numer of attires that you want - 1. This allows more wrestler slots to be able to be accessed while you are on the wrestler select menu. Even though the label for attire number will look the same while in the menu, you will be able to see that the attire addy in the memory editor will continue to increase past the 4th attire. So for example, if you want 8 attires, replace XXXX with 0008 and YYYY with 0007.

---

Next, you will need to create the codes to change the wrestler's appearance while you are on the wrestler select menu. You would want to use a format similar to this:

D1077794 ???? - When wrestler ???? is highlighted on wrestler select screen...
D10AAAB8 ???? - ...and when attire ???? - 1 is highlighted on wrestler select screen...
...then wrestler appearance is changed.

For each attire you will need to change the wrestler's profile/appearance. You can find the addys for these starting with The Rock at around 8031A398. You can easily figure out what addys you need by going to the specific wrestler slot addy location, changing the appearance of that attire slot in the CAW menu, and then viewing which addys changed. You will need the addys and values for both the original and new attires in order to switch between the two.

---

The last set of codes that you will need control the in match appearances. They should follow the following form:

D10AAAD0 ???? - When Player 1 is wrestler ????...
D00AAAD2 ???? - ...and when Player 1 is attire slot ???? - 1...
...then Player 1 in match attire is changed.

The in match player appearance addys begin at 800995EC for Player 1. You will need to follow this format to change the appearance for all players and for both the new and original attires.

Hope all of this helps you out.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I can create a code where you can have attires 2-4 in seperate slots, effectively creating a new wrestler slot, and then have an additional 3 extra attires for each. I can also change the attire numbers so it seems like they really are separate wrestlers. It'd create a more diverse roster.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Feb 8 2017, 07:30:31 AM</dd></dl><div>I can create a code where you can have attires 2-4 in seperate slots, effectively creating a new wrestler slot, and then have an additional 3 extra attires for each. I can also change the attire numbers so it seems like they really are separate wrestlers. It'd create a more diverse roster.[/quote]are you guys able to make a list view version like in wcw / nwo revenge or virtual pro wrestling ?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
That is something that I want to try and do. I need to find out how to replace the portrait with the wrestler's name.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That sounds like a cool idea. If you were able to figure out how to make the list view version of the select screen, would your idea of splitting up the attires allow there to be more than 9 wrestlers on each stable page?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It'd still be 9 per roster page, but you can use a similar method to the additional arenas method by having another custom activator.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
hulkster said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Feb 8 2017, 07:30:31 AM</dd></dl><div>I can create a code where you can have attires 2-4 in seperate slots, effectively creating a new wrestler slot, and then have an additional 3 extra attires for each. I can also change the attire numbers so it seems like they really are separate wrestlers. It'd create a more diverse roster.
are you guys able to make a list view version like in wcw / nwo revenge or virtual pro wrestling ?[/quote]Yes.

I've done it.

You stretch the portraits out, bring down the height, and move them manually portrait by portrait.

I only got three names deep, because you also have to reassign what the d-pad does in the screen.

But yes, it can be done. It just isn't worth the time, honestly, unless you have one hacker solely dedicated to it.

With CM's codes for making the alternate attires visible on the select screen, you may be able to get more than nine, but I doubt it.

mr.amazing

Young Lion
Reaction score
guys help i tried everything i went to ever article watched every video tutorial and i still can't get it to work right

my pc is a windows 7 x64 32 bit with 2gb ram

the mod comes up with no showdown cheat but many weird cheats

and to top it offf many wrestlers are standing like ladies

and hulk hogan has a sitout powerbomb as a finisher

wth do i do

:'( :'(