Showdown 64

moochoman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson, this work is fantastic. I do have one question. is there supposed to be music? When I get it working with just the Showdown 64 cheats turned on there is no music. Just wondering.

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
moochoman said:
Keson, this work is fantastic. I do have one question. is there supposed to be music? When I get it working with just the Showdown 64 cheats turned on there is no music. Just wondering.
Look through your cheats folder before asking a question like that again. It can be disabled.

Anyways, Love the mod! I've always wanted something like this. It's great to finally experience it. I'm going to go through the roster you posted, and later tonight I will write however many slots & attires each wrestler has.

:topicbump:
Questions: How
Also, is the hack for multiple specials per wrestler in the game? I remember that being made for a lot of movesets back in the day, but I'm sort of lost to know who can do what.

Bugs I've encountered:

-For some reason, whenever I try to do my opponents special, both wrestlers release the grapple and chop into the air. From playing around, I think it only happens when P1 steals from P2. I've been able to steal finishers from P3 & P4 easily.

-Also, I'm unable to add or edit any of the cheats in PJ64. I've tried running the program as administrator and the .cht file has read-only disabled, I don't know what else to do other than to edit it manually in Notepad.

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think this is the save modders have only dreamt of making

Just goes to show what is possible with this game with the correct level of dedication

Hats off cowboy

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Great job on the latest update. I am still amazed that a mod like this exists. I especially love the work that was put into Goldust, Finn Bálor, and Super Dragon. With that being said there were a few bugs or mistakes that I found in this awesome save.

-A few things can be fixed with Ryback's singlet. First, I have found that the "ack" in "Ryback" on his singlet is flipped horizontally so that they are facing backwards on his left side (or our right side if we are looking straight at him). In addition, I have found that the lower half of his singlet aligns better with the rest of his singlet if the names of the files 1B7E2ED8CA635483803BFE835E57E5BD.png and A3E521A7B717B2B34E3D79D4C0593915.png are switched. However, this still will not fix the problem with the letters. This would most likely need to be fixed by editing the actual image.

-Hackenschmidt's first name is listed differently in his first attire (George) than his third and fourth attires (Georg).

-The short name for Dr. Wagner Jr. is listed as La Sombra.

-Stan Hansen's short name is listed as "Hanson."

-Fritz Von Erich's first name is listed as "Frizt."

-Also I don't know if this affects anyone else but the backgrounds of the superstar select screens for tag team, triple threat, handicap, battle royal, tag team ladder, triple threat ladder, handicap ladder, tag team iron man, triple threat iron man, and handicap iron man matches are not aligned correctly for me. However, I easily fixed this by just editing the image file for the background and the cheat codes that affect the background positioning.

Other than those small and easily fixable mistakes, this save is awesome. Thanks again for releasing it.

moochoman

Young Lion
Reaction score
damian001 said:
moochoman said:
Look through your cheats folder before asking a question like that again. It can be disabled.

Anyways, Love the mod! I've always wanted something like this. It's great to finally experience it. I'm going to go through the roster you posted, and later tonight I will write however many slots & attires each wrestler has.

:topicbump:
Questions: How
Also, is the hack for multiple specials per wrestler in the game? I remember that being made for a lot of movesets back in the day, but I'm sort of lost to know who can do what.

Bugs I've encountered:

-For some reason, whenever I try to do my opponents special, both wrestlers release the grapple and chop into the air. From playing around, I think it only happens when P1 steals from P2. I've been able to steal finishers from P3 & P4 easily.

-Also, I'm unable to add or edit any of the cheats in PJ64. I've tried running the program as administrator and the .cht file has read-only disabled, I don't know what else to do other than to edit it manually in Notepad.
Wow damian, kinda harsh with your response. I just followed what Keson instructed "Make sure the 'Showdown 64' box is ticked in your cheat file (in your emulator settings) and nothing else!"

I did look through the other cheats in the directory, but none are related to music.

I will dig through the Showdown 64 section of the cheats next, but assumed that if instructed to enable it that it would already have the necessary items marked.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The cheat code that you would want to disable is named "Showdown 64\Keep On\Mute Music." Once you uncheck that cheat code, you will be able to hear the music in the game.

In order to add or edit cheats, you need to select "System" and then select "Cheats..." while in game or else right click on the game and select "Edit Cheats" before you start the game. After that you need to click the triangle shape that appears on the right side of the Cheats box that opens. There you will be able to add cheats or edit existing ones.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys, done with the Undertaker's streak similar to my WCW Mayhem ones:

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
dafamily said:
here is another match for you guys, done with the Undertaker's streak similar to my WCW Mayhem ones:

how are you able to add commentary to the game? i want gorilla monsoon in my game too lol

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
The cheat code that you would want to disable is named "Showdown 64\Keep On\Mute Music." Once you uncheck that cheat code, you will be able to hear the music in the game.

In order to add or edit cheats, you need to select "System" and then select "Cheats..." while in game or else right click on the game and select "Edit Cheats" before you start the game. After that you need to click the triangle shape that appears on the right side of the Cheats box that opens. There you will be able to add cheats or edit existing ones.
Thank you so much. I was clueless at first because I was used to a new window opening up, how PJ64 1.6 used to do it.

Also, the 2nd attire for Scotty 2 Hotty (Attire 4 for Too Cool) has a untextured face. I went through the files and found nothing for his shocked hair, so I set it back to Cleancut. Just a heads up for your next patch?

Keson[/I wanted to know if its possible to incorporate one of WldFB's Shawn Michael's code in the next update. In the bottom of his thread, there's a GS code that allowed HBK to do the Sidekick 3 striking move whenever the player had a special (normally Hard Chop when the player pressed A+B, I think in your game HBK has a dropkick) I've always appreciated that code because it made for some fun times when HBK eliminated people over the top rope in a Royal Rumble with the Sweet Chin Music, which wasn't possible in the original game due to it being a grappling move.

Thread here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/WldFb_Archive_Forum/index.php?showtopic=427

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

Loving the updates man, can't believe we have so much guys in this I'll never get bored of this man, or making vids for the mod lol!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next bro.

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
Where in the hell is the floods of people praising the work that has gone into this? :topicbump: It's off the hook man, you already know!
:flex:

helm alastor

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi again, Keson! Just going to ask regarding a certain game mode. When I tried ladder match, for some reason, whenever I'm at the top of the ladder, I can't seem to reach the case. The ladder is in the middle of the ring and my opponent's down on the mat, all there is is an animation of my player reaching for the case, but no button prompt for the case to be reached. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>helm alastor</dt><dd>Jun 26 2015, 08:18:11 AM</dd></dl><div>Hi again, Keson! Just going to ask regarding a certain game mode. When I tried ladder match, for some reason, whenever I'm at the top of the ladder, I can't seem to reach the case. The ladder is in the middle of the ring and my opponent's down on the mat, all there is is an animation of my player reaching for the case, but no button prompt for the case to be reached. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?[/quote]Might be a textures thing, try tapping A soon as you get to the top like you'd normally do.

Edit:Just played a ladder match, everything was fine. Make sure your spirit meter isn't low or anything. No buttons to press, well besides up, eventually you'll pull it down.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>helm alastor</dt><dd>Jun 26 2015, 08:18:11 AM</dd></dl><div>Hi again, Keson! Just going to ask regarding a certain game mode. When I tried ladder match, for some reason, whenever I'm at the top of the ladder, I can't seem to reach the case. The ladder is in the middle of the ring and my opponent's down on the mat, all there is is an animation of my player reaching for the case, but no button prompt for the case to be reached. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?[/quote]Yea, you have to be pretty precise when it comes to standing up the ladder, when i do a match like this i'll let the CPU stand up the ladder then ill take advantage of it later.

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>helm alastor</dt><dd>Jun 26 2015, 08:18:11 AM</dd></dl><div>Hi again, Keson! Just going to ask regarding a certain game mode. When I tried ladder match, for some reason, whenever I'm at the top of the ladder, I can't seem to reach the case. The ladder is in the middle of the ring and my opponent's down on the mat, all there is is an animation of my player reaching for the case, but no button prompt for the case to be reached. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?[/quote]When I'm near the top, I hold the up button on the D-Pad to make him reach for it and to trigger the "TAP!" code. I find that if I keep pressing up repeatedly on the D-Pad, that makes my player do a flying attack

Also: there's no 619 move hack in the game yet?? I was about to defeat Daniel Bryan for the Cruiserweight Championship as Mysterio, only to find out his special from the apron was another move.. which cost me the match because my Mysterio was already injured from all those submission holds, eventaully tapping out to the next one. :(

Also: This forum seriously needs a "Search this Thread" box.. It would seriously cut down on all the posts here.

L

L68

Crowd Member
wow this is nice.. major props

is there any way you can add nwo hollywood hogan from the previous release on the next version...

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
L68 said:
wow this is nice.. major props

is there any way you can add nwo hollywood hogan from the previous release on the next version...
i'd like this as well, especially because NWO Hogan is in the start screen of the game ;)

Also if Kevin Nash can have another slot as Diesel, instead of having 3 slots for Scott Hall.

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
In the first post is the creators kit check it out, be a part of showdown :)