Showdown 64

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
I'm good at designing interface graphics and such, but that's about the extent of my abilities for now. I was never really able to get down wrestler modding and coding/hacking.

I am working on some more ideas beyond the nameplates for the interface/in-match text of 5.5. One of these I've already run by Keson, and he digs it. Other stuff I'm not quite ready to show off yet.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Interface has ALWAYS been a weak spot in SHowdown. I'd love to have someone dedicated to it.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Well then, consider me the official interface designer for Showdown.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I know the wrestler theme songs wont be added until further down the road but when it does i would like to help out with that. Audio mixing and engineering is my specialty. I can gather the wrestlers themes, make them shorter, convert them to the correct format, loop anything, remix the original no mercy "socko" theme to something more modern, whatever.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
If we're talking audio, I'm a radio DJ/local sports announcer for my day job, so I could do any potential voice work.

Like say, ring introductions that could be mixed with the music as part of the audio files.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It's actually possible, too. Since we can have nearly 2,000 themes.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
I've been given the go-ahead to do a complete overhaul of the interface. Right now there are some elements of the game where the text from one menu/screen do not match the next. I'm completely fixing that with all new text images, and sprucing up a few other menu and in-game graphics as well.

When I'm done, the game will have an all-new, completely uniform look interface-wise across the game. Showdown 5.5 will (hopefully) look better than any of the previous versions.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can enable Showdown 64 on WWF No Mercy (E) (V1.1) [!] ? It seems like everyone is using WWF No Mercy (U) (V1.0) rom (like myself).

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nope, the codes got different location on PAL and NTSC-U rom, soo I believe a lot of thing are going to glitch

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Hopefully later today I'll have some 5.5 interface updates ready enough to show off.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
wiseman said:
Is there anyway you can enable Showdown 64 on WWF No Mercy (E) (V1.1) [!] ? It seems like everyone is using WWF No Mercy (U) (V1.0) rom (like myself).
I didn't even realize this, I have to check what version I'm using.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
So... How about a look at the updated main menu text?

ODjo5h.jpg

tkJVh0.jpg

veusLD.jpg

hx5VEC.jpg

itPJl3.jpg

Still need to do the rules and belt pages, maybe a couple of other menu things (like the misshapen Showdown logos), and then it's on to the in-match text.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I was gonna say, we can axe the second Showdown logo.

Great work!

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Rules and belt sections done.

DWYm2a.jpg

KMNLb2.jpg

The belts have all new images to go with them as well.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
One thing I wish we had was a guide for some of the alternate attires that guys have, like CM Punk and his multiple attires. I can't find a text file or anything that tells you "for this attire use this attire combo" for those guys. They're obviously named and textured properly, they're in the folders, I'd love to be able to just look up how to get the attires I want using the combos already in the game.

Crud... why do I feel like I just signed myself up for my next project when I get the interface done...

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
TJPUNK, can you change the chair and table to something else? I am referring to the menu

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
TJPunk, I love the nameplates that you did, it really adds polish to the Showdown experience.

Also like the "Showbill"-esque font you're using. Makes "Showdown" feel not just like a name, but a brand.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the backgrounds. Maybe a Skullgirls/Broadway/wrestlers from all eras kind of style mishmash? I'm very curious to see what you come up with.