Reaction score
pics of your fat wife please
fix the battle rahjkholholjhp'nmuo

i still want the fat mama pics

i will pay cash money

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I knew there was a version of No Mercy with the erase glitch and a fixed version, as for roms, I seem to have two, one of them has "Rev A" in it's name which I guess means "revision A". I noticed that when I tried Rev A none of the cheats I had worked for it. Not sure which version of the rom is better if at all?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another epic match for you guys:

Happy Holidays guys!!

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
As i had replayed recently in my old No Mercy 1.6 a whole championship mode with Eddie Guerrero and in the last match won the title from Dean Malenko in a ladder match, i decided to play a similar ladder match in 2.1 with Showdown64

And Eddie managed to get the win again.
Though it was an easier battle this time (i forgot to up the difficulty, as in regular No Mercy the last match of the championship mode is at max, Dean Malenko was a beast to beat).

It didn't end with blood everywhere this time, probably because the match having been on an easier difficulty it wasn't as long and painful as the one i had.

Can't believe No Mercy after all those years is still -that- fun and good, still the best gameplay of them wrestling game to me, and with that amazing Showdown64 providing a gigantic roster with nearly the whole wrestling history, it's going to be hard to top it one day.

And little reenactment (with some replaced textures for Luger) of the bodyslam near the end of the famous match Lex Luger vs Yokozuna at Summerslam 93 with that bizarre conclusion that had the WWF guys destroying the whole storyline buildup they did to have originally Luger as a Hogan forced replacement for their company main wrestling figure.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just finished up the graphics for the last 4 championship title weapons. They are the WWF Winged Eagle Championship, ROH Heavyweight Championship, WWE Undisputed Championship, and NWA Heavyweight Championship. These bring the final non-mirrored championship count up to 14 for Showdown. Now I am on to getting the graphics to be able to work using palette changes. This will allow me to only need to replace the graphics for 1 weapon instead of 14 different ones in order to have all of the championship graphics.

8NK758n.png

VDa6z1y.png

bfPpyWQ.png

vnTpCzC.png

SuperKickParty

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
I just finished up the graphics for the last 4 championship title weapons. They are the WWF Winged Eagle Championship, ROH Heavyweight Championship, WWE Undisputed Championship, and NWA Heavyweight Championship. These bring the final non-mirrored championship count up to 14 for Showdown. Now I am on to getting the graphics to be able to work using palette changes. This will allow me to only need to replace the graphics for 1 weapon instead of 14 different ones in order to have all of the championship graphics.

8NK758n.png

VDa6z1y.png

bfPpyWQ.png

vnTpCzC.png
All of that looks amazing!

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
I was watching the AI (set to expert) in a 15min limited match reenacting the wrestlemania 20 Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit for the world heavyweight championship and it was tons of fun

The AI for the 3 wrestlers were very aggressive, i saw Triple H doing a pedigree at some point on Chris Benoit at mid-match, Chris Benoit did his his three amigos on Triple H twice ! and his crippler crossface on Shawn Michaels that was saved by the ropes.
Triple H didn't appreciated much being the target of 2 specials as he punched Chris Benoit hard enough to bloody his whole face.
Shawn Michaels waited until nearly the end of the match to suddenly apply a sweet chin music to Triple H under the watch of Benoit that was bleeding from the face.

Avy3VaV.jpg

Right through the throat, must be painful !

The most wow moment of the match, i wish i had recorded that, was Chris Benoit going to pin Shawn Michaels while Triple H was on the top of turnbuckle.
Chris Benoit got a heavy Triple H landing on his back , stopping the pin. It was rather cool play from the AI.

The match ended in a draw when it reached the time limit, but i sure regretted to have it set to 15 minutes, it was surprisingly intense and entertaining , the AI never ceased to make the play dynamic.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nice!!! I love to see people got fun by playing/simulate NM :)

M

MooMoo1987

Crowd Member
First post here, I want to say that this is the best No Mercy mod ever. I appreciate all the hard work all you guys put into this.

I also just noticed a slight bug and I have no idea if there's any solution to it or not. I noticed that if I set up a series of matches as a pay-per-view, for each match it won't let me select whether it's 1p vs cpu, 1p vs 2p, or to just watch the match, etc. I know in the vanilla No Mercy this option appears just as you're about to start the match where it shows a preview screen with the wrestlers who are in the match and lets you pick who's controlling the wrestlers. I tried searching the topic here for a solution but couldn't find anything. I'm using the beta 5.5 version of Showdown if that makes any difference. Just wanted to know if there's anything I can do to fix that.

Once again, keep up the great work people :)

R

RealAGB

Crowd Member
Amazing work! I've been playing for the last few days and love every moment of it. Thank you so much for all the hard work, looking forward to the next upcoming update!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Thanks for your support! The next update will definitely deliver!

GameGenie720

Young Lion
Reaction score
By far the best NM mod out. Ooh and does anyone know the formula for Finn Balors Venom attire. I spent an hour or so trying different combinations but never figured it out. But yea thnx to everyone who worked on this piece of art. The future looks bright.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Formula was lost a long time ago, you'll have to do a new texture dump for it. Sorry, man.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
A question about the gameplay, i noticed while watching AI-only matches that sometime a wrestler can have his spirit bar increasing without a taunt , reversal or attack , i checked and apparently there's a "occasional spirit boost" cheat enabled that i assume is the responsible.

I find this actually great, as it allows to simulate some matches drastically changing their storyline dynamically, i mean the guy that is getting bashed for a whole 10 minutes suddenly make a huge comeback.

The last time i observed it was in a long match opposing Eddie Guerrero+Chris Benoit vs Jeff Hardy+Matt Hardy for the tag team title (that the Hardy Boyz had by default) i observed Chris Benoit getting 2 times in a row Jeff Hardy's Twist of Fate, rendering his spirit bar in the blue, close to the DANGER zone.

And after Eddie Guerrero saved him from the pin, Chris Benoit walked a bit and his spirit bar went near orange.
From there, the Hardy Boyz finally went down after Eddie managed to beat Jeff a lot and Benoit jumped and elbow rushed on Matt to prevent him to interfere while Jeff was pinned.
Nearly felt like a nicely constructed real match.

But was it just luckin case the cheat is assigned randomly or is the "occasional spirit boost" happening depending on some of the wreslters actions ?

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Ah good, this can build some interesting "comeback" for the matches.

weberchip64

Young Lion
Reaction score
So I'm brand new here and I came here for a couple reasons. First to give praise to all those who helped make Showdown 64 cause I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!! And the second is that one of the things that made me want to download the mod in the first place was that badass looking NJPW arena, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access it. I have all the files in the right spot, I've been playing numorus matches and whatnot but I only have 10 arenas and I've seen other people on youtube and whatnot have more arenas including the New Japan one and I'm just curious if I'm able to play that one. I have the 5.5 update and the correct cheat as well.

thanks,
Chip

Edit: I'm also running the mod on 2.1

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Hi Chip Welcome to OSR :) ,

This topic is massive but it has all the answers to your questions back a few page is exactly what your looking for regarding the NJPW Arena [it's probably because 5.5 has 2 sets of arenas and they conflict with each other]

lol i had no idea that NJPW stage would be so fucking popular yet so problematic makes me wish me and jazz had finished it