Showdown 64

GameGenie720

Young Lion
Reaction score
Ok so today in the mail i received my Mayflash N64 Controller Adapter, which has 2 ports. A buddy of mine ended up calling me asking if i wanted to burn with him and his cousin. I said hell yea! So after we all got lit and touched the sky, I decided to bust out my laptop with the new accessory i had gotten and bless there eyes and hands with Showdown 64. Them not being to familiar with texture mods but being big fans of the AKI games I knew they wur in for a treat. I started it up and they wur like what the heck is this? Once they saw the select screen with all the wrestlers there minds wur freakin bloown!! It was such a good sight to see my friends soo happy and having a good time. We threw down some fun matches and all in all it was a good night. So once again i would like to thank all of you guys for the hard work you put in, It is very much appreciated. I truly cant wait for the next update!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here is a video preview of the final version of the IWA Japan/FMW style deathmatch code that I was working on and was finally able to finish. As I said before, I tried to model it after the finals of the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament between Terry Funk and Cactus Jack. The final version includes barbed wire ropes that wrestlers can stick to and take damage from, exploding barbed wire boards in the corners that make sound effects and make wrestlers sell getting thrown into them, a 10 minute time bomb that plays a warning siren (RTC theme) a minute before the explosion, and a ladder.

helm alastor

Young Lion
Reaction score
@Chuckiepk, that was an epic match man, epic. Gone were the days in which matches like this receive air time, except in the indie promotions, of course. Anyway man, great job. :aok:

I own a PS4 and currently play WWE 2k16, decent game, but it will never, ever come close to being good as the original and modded versions of WWF No Mercy. The modders in this site is what makes this great game more brilliant than the current gen wrestling games. Kudos to you guys.
:toast:

SuperKickParty

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'm doing a random 64 wrestler tournament sometime in the next week. I'll post pictures of the winners. I would record the matches, but that's a lot to record. I've attached a bracket for you guys to fill out and look over who's in it.

The winner gets the right to be right. No prize other than being able predict how I do against the PC. I'm going to be keeping track of my record against the pc. I play on expert also. I will give bigger names home field for the early rounds, but the final four and championship are at mania.

Unfourtantely, Goldberg is in the tournament, so the home field may only last the first round to make it fair for everyone, then I'll do random arenas by not looking at the screen.

Attachments:

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another quick match-up for you guys (I play too much No Mercy lol):

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here is a preview of a small detail that I am working on for the next version of the weapons overhaul project. Now, when you select an arena that contains a wooden table, it will break in half the same way that a wooden table would break in real life instead of how it breaks in the current version of the game. The original version of the code was made by Degeneratiox69 and JeffHardyRules but I modified the code so the table would only break like this when an arena with a wooden table is selected. Regular announcer's tables will break the same way that they originally did.

P.S. Does anyone know the addys for moving the in-match clock and Royal Rumble counter around on the screen? I would eventually like to create a code that makes the in-match HUD not obstruct our view while still being present. Once I know those, I should be able to make the code.

TNagUQd.gif

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

and here is another epic one for you guys:

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Nice old school match, after that punch from Randy Savage on Dusty Rhodes, it was nearly a bloodbath.

And tonight, the Mega Powers will battle the Mega Bucks , in a revenge match of their original encounter at Summerslam 1988 that saw the victory of Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage over André the Giant and Ted Dibiase.
But this time Miss Elizabeth will have to keep her skirt on to not distract the other team, she will not influence the outcome.

Will history repeat itself ?
The highlights of the match

André the Giant does not waste time and badly hurt Hogan by slamming him right to the mat while Macho Man is arguing with the Million Dollar Man.

While André was ready to inflict more punishment on a stunned Hogan, the Macho Man comes to the rescue and tackle André that is falling, joining Hogan on the mat.

The Million Dollar Man made a treacherous attack from behind, but Savage react with a devastating elbow strike that will probably make DiBiase thinking about twice before trying again.

Later while Hogan was getting back to his senses, DiBiase and André joined their attack to inflict a bunch of hurt on the unfortunate Randy Savage, his face bloodified by the nasty assault.

The Mega Powers are not at their finest after all of that, Ted Dibiase starting from a headlock throws Hulk Hogan over his shoulder while Macho Man is hurting his back in failing to lift an impassible André the Giant.

The Hulkster manage to roll on the ring, avoiding any more damage from the throw, he then grab the Million Dollar Man quickly and lift him for a classic supplex while Randy Savage still desesperately try to lift the Giant that look obviously amused by the attempts.

Switching place, the Mega Powers change their opponent in order to disorient them, the Macho Man savagely throw Ted DiBiase out of the ring while Hulk Hogan and André the Giant stare at each other, there will be some pain tonight.

A few minutes later, after DiBiase managed to climb back, Hogan just throw the Million Dollar Man on the mat and listen to what, despite being in difficulty, Randy Savage secretly tells him, maybe the Macho Man figured out how a trick to win the match.

The Macho Man is a tactical genius ! after distracting André enough for the Giant to follow him outside of the ring, the Hulkster out of André's view is applying a monstrous leg drop on Ted DiBiase that had not still really recovered. Victory is at hand for the Mega Powers, they can't lose anymore !

But against all odds, André the Giant notice Hogan's work from the corner of his eye and ruins Randy Savage global strategy, despite his stature, he rushes into the ring incredibly fast and, hard kick Hogan out of the pin, saving the Mega Bucks from a certain defeat.
Wow that was a close one.

André is obviously furious at having been played by the Mega Powers, and Hulk Hogan is going to feel the pain that huge fist of the giant is going to apply to his head. You really don't want to have André angry, that's a painful mistake.
Hmm, the Million Dollar Man is sneaking around, he's certainly up to no good !

André is not slowing down, the Macho Man is now his target, his anger make the whole ring shake. While Ted DiBiase ... What ! Look ! The Million Dollar Man while none was noticing just moved behind Hulk Hogan , and he's now applying a sleeper hold ! that's the Million Dollar Dream !
There's no going back. Savage isn't in position to save Hogan !

I can't believe this ! Hulk Hogan submit ! there was no way out of the Million Dollar Dream, Ted DiBiase locked it too masterfully, Randy Savage came too late, and while André watchthe scene satisfied, the match is now over.

The Mega Bucks have defeated the Mega Powers ! Who would have believed this !
Without Miss Elizabeth tricks, Ted DiBiase and André the Giant dominated the match.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wolfpac_69 said:
can you make it so the weapons come from under the ring? this is great work though dude i wish you luck with this project :)

Flashman said:
We Already try it but when you edit the aprin properties to make weapon takable from under the ring, you cannot get in the ring anymore :/

I was finally able to figure out how to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time: allow weapons to be retrieved from under the ring. Now you can retrieve weapons while still having the ability to go back inside of the ring. In addition, no activators were needed to get it to work.

XwINYiC.gif

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
This topic is epic I've missed out on some great stuff been reading back pages catching up.Great work guys my eternal gratitude and hat's off now I'm gonna go play some Showdown64!

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
I was AIsim-ing a match between The Rock and Kurt Angle, re-enacting their no DQ title match (No Mercy) for the WWF title in 2000.

And while the match was ongoing, i suddenly remembered that i forgot to disable the interferences as suddenly CM Punk ran into the ring to help Kurt Angle

Angle and Punk did a number on the Rock, i thought the match was done when Angle did 2 specials one after the other on the Rock, first a triple supplex from behind and his more known Olympic Slam from the front.

But it was then i got a 2nd interference, Rey Mysterio ran into the ring, and started to assault Kurt Angle, saving The Rock from what was certaily going the end of the match.

After a minute, the Angle vs Mysterio and Rock vs Punk ceased when both interfering guys went out of the ring, letting Kurt Angle and The Rock duking it out, Angle fell to a Rock Bottom at the end of this very uncertain match

While CM Punk was watching powerless, The Rock pinned Kurt Angle for the victory.

It was fun to see the unexpected
:D (as the real match ended differently), but finally that accidental interference still on was good as the real match got interferences too, just not the same people.

thekza

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this No Mercy mod thing, once I got this to work it was pretty exciting. Thanks for making this, it's amazing.

Hope you don't mind I made some alterations to Paige and AJ Lee's facial textures and wanted to share. I understand I have to work on matching the skin tones. If anyone wants to help me figure out how to clone superstars and edit their textures (can't find the directory, I cloned Gail Kim and don't know where to look) I'd love to make Sasha Banks and other NXT women for everybody. Seems like they aren't in many saves.

ve3B051.jpg

RYgxhza.png

QvofaS7.png

4IwVxX0.png

P6CzAwm.png

QLaMa0E.jpg

M2oJimF.jpg

Nuy6uJX.png

Follow up: I also started messing with Arena textures and created this ECW 1999 era arena over the ECW one that comes with Showdown 64. Now if only I could figure out how to change the turnbuckles texture to red? There isn't a turnbuckle PNG file in the ECW folder but the emulator somehow knows to make them black. Still new at this but trying to figure it out. Van Dam and Lynn in the screenshots are unaltered from Showdown 64 to give you an image of them if you haven't seen.

mn7XMED.jpg

bao5vvn.jpg

QWX5WlT.jpg

qawSOsh.jpg

4OLYHPw.jpg

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
thekza said:
Hey I'm new to this No Mercy mod thing, once I got this to work it was pretty exciting. Thanks for making this, it's amazing.

Hope you don't mind I made some alterations to Paige and AJ Lee's facial textures and wanted to share. I understand I have to work on matching the skin tones. If anyone wants to help me figure out how to clone superstars and edit their textures (can't find the directory, I cloned Gail Kim and don't know where to look) I'd love to make Sasha Banks and other NXT women for everybody. Seems like they aren't in many saves.

ve3B051.jpg

RYgxhza.png

QvofaS7.png

4IwVxX0.png

P6CzAwm.png

QLaMa0E.jpg

M2oJimF.jpg

Nuy6uJX.png

Follow up: I also started messing with Arena textures and created this ECW 1999 era arena over the ECW one that comes with Showdown 64. Now if only I could figure out how to change the turnbuckles texture to red? There isn't a turnbuckle PNG file in the ECW folder but the emulator somehow knows to make them black. Still new at this but trying to figure it out. Van Dam and Lynn in the screenshots are unaltered from Showdown 64 to give you an image of them if you haven't seen.

mn7XMED.jpg

bao5vvn.jpg

QWX5WlT.jpg

qawSOsh.jpg

4OLYHPw.jpg

I love it. :)

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score

The fight is coming !
(funny that the micro is replaced by some weapon in showdown64)

But there's another guy that want the belt badly, and it's Kurt Angle !
(looks like the 2nd face of the wrestlers they sometime have in their entrance isn't replaced, as there you can still see the AKI face)

It's true ! It's damn true !

While Kurt Angle is rather lost in that match, as the 2 other wrestlers decided to work together on him for a while, Razor Ramon wanting to show who's the champion is using a powerful Razor's Edge on Goldberg, things are going bad for the contender.

But soon enough Goldberg using a boost of momentum manage to get out of troubles and apply a devastating Jackhammer on Razor Ramon, still Kurt Angle can only watch there.

Goldberg is not finished yet, and throw quickly the unfortunate Kurt Angle out of the ring, before going for a reversed Achille/Ankle Lock submission on an already stunned Razor Ramon.

Kurt Angle rush back into the ring but he is too late to stop Goldberg victory when Razor Ramon finally tap out

Still great fun after all those years :)

thekza

Young Lion
Reaction score
Seems like I only have about 8 arenas. How did you get the SmackDown to work? When I choose SmackDown it brings me to NJPW. The game works for me but the way I installed it seems to be leaving me without some features. Can't figure out what I possibly could've done wrong. I was confused by the missing .cht file, and someone saying the new reuploaded .cht file was wrong. Anyone know how to change turnbuckles? It's killing me that the turnbuckles in ECW aren't red!

Here are a few clips I just recorded of some alterations I made.

https://streamable.com/42es
ECW '99 Arena

https://streamable.com/t0i8
NXT TakeOver (fan concept)

https://streamable.com/0vcy
NXT Full Sail Renovation (fan concept)

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
<iframe type='text/html' width='400' height='300' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

A small tribute to Daniel Bryan using Showdown 64 to simulate the dream match we'll never get in real life now, Daniel Bryan Vs Kurt Angle. I had intended to sim another Royal Rumble last month too, but recording problems prevented me from getting it done in time for the PPV :(