Showdown 64

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thanks! I am also thinking about using the NMthing roster tool to give entrance music to all of the 316 wrestlers currently included in the save.

ashhole

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
That would be inane theme songs for all, I gotta start making some mods for showdown shyt

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Thanks! I am also thinking about using the NMthing roster tool to give entrance music to all of the 316 wrestlers currently included in the save.
Are you sure about that bro, cause I don't want to have people copyright strike the thing and it gets taken down similar to when WWF Legends first came out, also the file size would be huge and you would constantly run into problems with people keep asking how to configure the thing since the NMthing creates a different offset for every computer!!

Just to keep an heads up about what's going to happen if you do that!!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
That would be close to a gig in music alone.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Maybe I could make a separate download link for the theme songs. That way the current files wouldn't take as long to download and then the music download can be optional for those who want it. Or should I just forget about adding all of the theme songs?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Maybe I could make a separate download link for the theme songs. That way the current files wouldn't take as long to download and then the music download can be optional for those who want it. Or should I just forget about adding all of the theme songs?
Probably just forget about this, you still have the issue with copyright, it will still be taken down!!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
What exactly do we have to worry about in regards to copyright issues when doing these mods?

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
somethingfunny said:
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what font is used in the 5.5 Beta interface?
The base font used in the interface is called "Anchor Jack" and it was then run through several effects in Photoshop to achieve the final look that was used in the game.

Also, HEY! I'm alive! Been a very busy few months. Awesome to see this is still going strong.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
What exactly do we have to worry about in regards to copyright issues when doing these mods?
With the mods themselves nothing, as this is an old game it's just the music that WWE has to complain about, they'll remove the link to the music unless to rename them something like Project Showdown.mp3 or something like that but even that is an issue as then people will have to go and rename everything and then figuring out how to get NMTool to work with different computers!!

Hmm..I would say go for it but be prepared for a lot of questions on how to get the thing to work and you can also rename the tracks to how they are in NMTool but then how can you do separate mp3 tracks for wrestlers that share the same slot if that's even possible??

Just my 2 cents guys, something to think about!! :RVD

here's another epic match for you guys:

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dafamily said:
bluntfello said:
With the mods themselves nothing, as this is an old game it's just the music that WWE has to complain about, they'll remove the link to the music unless to rename them something like Project Showdown.mp3 or something like that but even that is an issue as then people will have to go and rename everything and then figuring out how to get NMTool to work with different computers!!

Hmm..I would say go for it but be prepared for a lot of questions on how to get the thing to work and you can also rename the tracks to how they are in NMTool but then how can you do separate mp3 tracks for wrestlers that share the same slot if that's even possible??

Just my 2 cents guys, something to think about!! :RVD
I don't think that I will need to worry about the naming for the mp3 files because the NMTool requires them to be named in a certain format. For example, Kane's theme song would need to be named 0x17.mp3. As a result, the name of the mp3 file is not connected to what the song actually is and would therefore not need to be renamed once the files are downloaded if I upload them with the correct name format.

Also, I will not need to worry about wrestlers that share the same slot because the music can easily be changed for each of the attires and it was already discovered that we can increase the amount of theme songs possible from the 49 in the original game up to exactly 65,535 (FFFF in the decimal number system) mp3s now.

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
I followed the instructions in the OP to a T and cannot get this to work. The wrestlers are wearing bandages and it's as if the textures aren't loading.

Any suggestions?
I'm using P64 2.1 as the OP says, I put the WWF NO MERCY folder from showdown64 5.4.zip in to the project64 2.1/Textures folder.

Also, why is this thread called "5.5 beta" but only 5.4 is available?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
@Chuckiepk

Damn good to know bro, also 65,535 theme songs!!!!! Someone needs to rom hack that into No Mercy lol!!

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Sep 7 2016, 06:56:41 PM</dd></dl><div>
Chuckiepk said:
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
There's always a way.[/quote]We will find it.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Why aren't all the uploads on the very first page? This thread is 124 pages and going which makes it hard to find the more recent uploads.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Fizanko said:
damn, I didn't even know about this lol!! Thanks Fiz!! :lol:

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
So im using the outdated cheat all along. That's explain why there is 4 AJ Styles when it supposed to be other wrestler in slot 2.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
bluntfello said:
Why aren't all the uploads on the very first page? This thread is 124 pages and going which makes it hard to find the more recent uploads.
My computer was stolen quite some time ago. I'm on mobile, so if any of the mods would do that, I would be for it, haha