Showdown 64

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thanks for the info! I have known about the outside submission glitch for a while but I am still trying to figure out what causes it. The optional entrance system that I added is still a WIP which might explain the glitchy entrances in cell and cage matches. I am not entirely sure if the cell match is compatible with entrances. However, cell matches seem to still work in all arenas for me. I will look into the other glitches that you mentioned because I have not had them happen to me before. Thanks again for your help.

BilkyBob

Midcard
Reaction score
I got 6.0 to work now..thanks for the response! I just did a system restore to about 10 days ago and it fixed it somehow. Love the roster :) I'm missing seeing some more WCW guys but I'm not complaining. There is more than enough awesomeness in this game
:D

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Tested in the championship gametype and liked that it seemed to work (couldn't get it working on past versions of Showdown64) , i took the path with Eddie Guerrero, 1st match was with Jushin Liger, i won and next there was John Cena doing an entrance and talking with some kind of scythe (that i guess is a replacement for the micro ) and mentionning the 3 paths that could follow according to my royal rumble resut, started then the match and was opposed to the Blue Demon.

The first 10 seconds went well, then the camera suddenly went crazy and ... left the building
I mean the camera focus moved away, so all i could see was some entirely black zone.

I don't think it's linked to royal rumble newcomer, because i think it was actually not a royal rumble, but a simple match as none came (and there wasn't any newcomer timer)

After a minute when a submission move was done, the camera went back to me vs the Blue Demon for a couple of second (though no ring or arena , only us two in a completely black zone) and left again as quickly as it came back :

So i went back to play a simple match and decided to apply a frog splash on Jushin Liger :)
AXGGRv3.jpg

Can't believe it's already been 11 years Eddie passed away, one of my favorite wrestler both in aki games and in real ring, may he be in peace in Heaven.

CM PUNK 3_16

Young Lion
Reaction score
How clim the cell in the Hell In A Cell Match?
I want open the door and go to the top of the cell.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fizanko: Nice picture! Because of all of the moveset and match hacks, the story mode will have many glitches in it. There is not really any way to fix this at the moment.

CM PUNK 3_16: You are not able to do that yet.

SuperKickParty

Young Lion
Reaction score
I can't seem to locate the .rup for the patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It didn't come with the ninja download, am I missing something?

ShatterTheSky

Young Lion
Reaction score
The .rup and .ips files are included in the Showdown 6.0 download. I honestly found that Lunar IPS worked better than Ninja for patching, but that's just me.

D

DomNWO

Crowd Member
DynamiteTommy said:
I got it all straightened out, works great. Thank you for all of your hard work.

:10
What did you do to fix it? Mine is doing the same thing.

exildaot

Young Lion
Reaction score
i have an issue with the back of the hairs. looks like a heart in the back of hogan's head for example.

also, the game freezes when i try to play death matches or hiac.

seems to work well in regular matches however.

help would be appreciated

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Make sure you have patched the rom , the wrong hair only happens on the regular (and so unpatched) no mercy rom.
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
To install the patch you'll need Ninja Patcher and a copy of the original WWF No Mercy ROM.

Ninja Patcher download: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/329/

How to apply the patch:
- Make a copy of the original ROM.

- Launch ninja.exe.

- Select the .rup patch file on the first screen that pops open.

- Click "Browse File" (not folders) to select your ROM.

- Select your copy of the original ROM (this is the one that will become hacked).

- When selected click on “Apply.”

- Now your ROM is hacked (Note: you may get a framework error while executing the program, but if you click continue you should be able to proceed).

If you have a Mac instead of a PC and the Ninja Patcher does not work for you, then you may need to use Lunar IPS instead to patch your ROM with the included .ips file.

Lunar IPS download: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/[/quote]
I used the Lunar IPS patcher myself and it worked.

WaylonMercysHands

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Awesome update.

Does Hideo Itami have his own moveset? I don't see one in the moveset replacements cheats.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
He does not have his own moveset in this version because I was in the process of moving him to a different wrestler slot for a future update.
Edit: FAQ section added to first post.

Currently at 271 downloads in 5 days.

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Still no Harper :p No comment on texture since I played without using texture. Downloaded 900mb file to get 4mb cheat and save. -.-

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Noticed what is probably a side effect of the non symmetrical head : Randy Savage baldness spot from the texture is going a bit wrong in the actual model :

R7ypTvZ.jpg

Rey

Young Lion
Reaction score
Worry I'm going crazy. I can't see all the extra match options and I have everything ticked.

ZchpUux.jpg

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say this project is ridiculously huge and well done; sure, there are some glitches, but the overall scope of this is amazing. Thanks for all of yall's hard work.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fizanko</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Noticed what is probably a side effect of the non symmetrical head : Randy Savage baldness spot from the texture is going a bit wrong in the actual model :

R7ypTvZ.jpg
[/quote]

I did notice that the non-mirrored head texture hack didn't always have a completely symmetrical texture mapping. I tried to find and fix as many as I could. I guess I was not able find all of them. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Rey</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Worry I'm going crazy. I can't see all the extra match options and I have everything ticked.

ZchpUux.jpg
[/quote]

Read the instructions.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Instructions Part 2: Setting Up Your Emulator</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div><big><big>- If you have a previous version of Showdown 64 installed, make sure that you first delete all previous texture folders because some textures are now in new locations.</big></big>[/quote]

Rey

Young Lion
Reaction score
I am a goddamn idiot. Thank you.
Misawa has humorous head ears.

iChelDX.jpg

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<big><big><big><big>READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.</big></big></big></big>
(Part 1: Patching Your ROM File (New For Version 6.0+))

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>FAQ</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div><table><tr><td><big><big>Q:</big></big></td><td><big><big>Why does the back of the wrestlers' heads look weird? Also, why does the shorts of some wrestlers like John Cena and Brock Lesnar look glitched with some parts of the texture missing and they look shorter than they should be?</big></big></td></tr><tr><td><big><big>A:</big></big></td><td><big><big>READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. You need to patch your ROM in newer versions of Showdown 64.</big></big></td></tr></table>[/quote]