Showdown 64

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
I've started a youtube series for Dream Matches using showdown 64. Since the roster is so huge it makes for great gameplay and matches to be displayed can't wait for the next release.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I had some free time today, so I was able to go back and look at the code that got me started in hacking about 2 years ago, which was the code for an AI referee in the guest referee match. I have finally figured out how to get the referee to automatically count without needing to hold down a button like in the old version of my code. So now it is possible to eventually have a fully functional referee in a match.

ObmFcFw.gif

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nice bro, please tell me you can get a referee in singles, triple threat, etc. matches as well instead of using guest referee!! Now that would be something!!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I might eventually be able to do it in other matches but I would like to first try to get it working with the single, handicap, and triple threat variations of the guest referee match since they would probably be easier to do than other matches.

mrdll88

Young Lion
Reaction score
this is to @Chuckiepk

I loved playing Showdown but was wondering is there a way to remove the stance the wrestlers take when you hit them hard? it makes eliminating them in a royal rumble exteamly difficult because after hitting them they fall backward then come forward and just stay there. For myself, this breaks the experience of a royal rumble because the only way I could get rid of anyone without insane amounts of frustration was to pin them so I was curious is that something that can be turned off if a person does not like it?

also, I'm not sure if it was a glitch? but when I would go to play Hulk Hogans attire would randomly change. One time I went to use him and he didnt have his classic red and yellow attire from the early 80's 90's he had his Hollywood attire and I could not change it because when I clicked the button to do so, it just switched to another character. I am a huge fan of the royal rumble (love to fight against everyone) so since that feature didn't fit my liking I did delete the game and have not played in a month or two, so if that was fixed I apologize for wasting time

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
mrdll88 said:
this is to @Chuckiepk

I loved playing Showdown but was wondering is there a way to remove the stance the wrestlers take when you hit them hard? it makes eliminating them in a royal rumble exteamly difficult because after hitting them they fall backward then come forward and just stay there. For myself, this breaks the experience of a royal rumble because the only way I could get rid of anyone without insane amounts of frustration was to pin them so I was curious is that something that can be turned off if a person does not like it?

also, I'm not sure if it was a glitch? but when I would go to play Hulk Hogans attire would randomly change. One time I went to use him and he didnt have his classic red and yellow attire from the early 80's 90's he had his Hollywood attire and I could not change it because when I clicked the button to do so, it just switched to another character. I am a huge fan of the royal rumble (love to fight against everyone) so since that feature didn't fit my liking I did delete the game and have not played in a month or two, so if that was fixed I apologize for wasting time
Disable staggered cheat.
The attire is arena specific so you need to play on specific arena to use other attire.

mrdll88

Young Lion
Reaction score
thank you I will do that! I have two other questions now that I'm considering reinstalling it

last time the music was messed up no matter what I did, the audio was always choppy. Is it supposed to be like that? it wasn't like the regular game play music or the fans cheering it would mess up no matter what settings I had it on

my other question is can I have two different rom hacks of no mercy installed at the same time without messing one another up?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here's another match for you guys:

Sorry for not posting matches the last couple of days, I was having computer trouble!!

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Since my last update on adding additional attires, I have added a few more attires into Hulk Hogan's wrestler slot. So now you can access all of his attires at any time without needing to select a certain arena. To speed up the process of creating these codes, I created an Excel tool that produces attire codes for the wrestler select screen, for during entrances, and for during matches. I have also used a technique developed by S.K. Stylez to split the Lucha Underground wrestler slot into 4 separate wrestler slots. I have not coded the attires for them yet but once it is done, it will create 16 different wrestlers. It should not take too long to code now that I made the attire tool.

giphy.gif
Hi, is there a post on how were you able to achieve this feat? I sort of have this "ultimate wet dream" of No Mercy modding where every wrestler has their own dedicated slot ingame, and from those slots I could choose all the different attires and gimmicks that wrestler has done. Like, one attire per year that wrestler has performed.

Like let's say I go to Raven and I decide to backtrack all the way to his 1992 attire where his gimmick was Scotty Flamingo. I want to fucking play as Scotty Flamingo!!

Also, the moveset would be tweaked to that year too. For example, John Cena should have the STF starting with his 2006 attire. If I chose 2000 or 2001 John Cena, then I would be playing at The Prototype gimmick he had in OVW.

Kurt Angle would have the Ankle Lock in 2001, but not in 2000. Jericho should have Codebreaker in 2007 but not in his earlier attires, etc. You guys know where I'm getting at

mrdll88

Young Lion
Reaction score
this isn't for this game save but figured it was worth asking since the legends 2.1 doesn't seem to have too much traffic

-
does anyone here know how to make the game full screen?

when I make it full screen it crashes (but ONLY if I have the music and announcers going) other wise if I don't use the NM nothing tool(this is where custom music and announcer files is stored)
it does not crash when I attempt to make it full screen

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Alt+ Enter.

Also, for other non-Showdown related questions, post in the help section.

mrdll88

Young Lion
Reaction score
I tried that but it did not work it just crashes and goes black same as if I click full screen. It only does it when I have the custom music on

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Post your settings either in the help section or the legends topic, please don't post it here.

This is my Showdown thread.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Guy that designed the menu text checking in. I've recently decided that I wanted to revisit this project and re-do the text to make it more uniform across the game. Whatever style I decide to use will be used for the menu text AND the wrestler nameplates (yep, those are being re-done too).

Very far from final. The odds of the designs seen in the pic even being used are not very high.
Just experimenting at this point.

Basically, I thought I would check in and let you guys know it's coming. Someday...
eventually...

xnw2z5.jpg