WWF Legends 2.1

kingray30

Young Lion
Reaction score
The legends forum has some of the missing textures if anyone is wondering where they're at

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
In case it may help some people, here's how to set up the mod for running in P64 2.1

I renamed a P64 2.1 directory into "Project64 2.1 WWFLegends" because i use several mods and each of them have a copy of the P64 2.1 directory renamed.
If you do something like that, make sure to change the Path settings and the Rom directory setting to point to your correct directory.

- > The mudlord/rice plugin must go to (i use the 6.1.4 one personally, but you can use another version if it works better for you)
....\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Plugin\GFX\

- > The "WWF No Mercy" folder that contains all the mod texture must go in
....\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\
so you obtain
....\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\WWF No Mercy\

- > The cheat file "Project64.cht" must go to
....\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Config\

- > The save (WWF No Mercy.fla, WWF No Mercy.mpk, WWF No Mercy.pj.zip) must go to
...\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Save\

-> The special rom "WWF No Mercy (USA) No Mirrored Hair.n64" must go to
...\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\Rom\

When launching the game, make sure to change the settings so it use the Rice/Mudlord plugin , not the Jabo one
Can help too, the settings i use for the video plugin to avoid having a crash :
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/single/?p=10000289&t=30004142

For the NMThing folder, and so have the music and commentary, move it to :
....\Project64 2.1 WWFLegends\

Make sure to enable the cheat mode too once you play, and in case you don't use the NMThing music/commentary, make sure to disable the sound section of the cheats, or it can crash.

I read on the wrestlinglegendforum that someone had crash related to the arena cheats, i didn't had any, but in case you still get crashes, try disable the arena cheats
In a re-enactement of the original Summerslam 90 tag team match betwenn the Hart Foundation and Demolitions.

After a battle of titan, the Hart Foundation managed to defeat again Demolitions thanks to Jim Neidhart going for a pin on one of the Demolitions member while Bret Hart kept the other away, earning the tag team belt for the Hart stable !

Though due to No Mercy limitations, no Demolitions cheating with their 3rd member and no Legion of Doom interfering to the benefit of the Hart Foundation like it happened in the original Summerslam 90.

But still how much fun it was as we were very close during the whole match
:D

For fun, i added in the legends cheat file the occasional spirit boost cheat that is found in Showdown64 to make things more interesting, as it allows for some great comeback during a match
<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd> </dd></dl><code>Cheat479="LEGENDS\Other\Occasional Spirit Boost",D115AF5E 0014,8115AF5E 0060,D115B2B6 0014,8115B2B6 0060,D115B60E 0014,8115B60E 0060,D115B966 0014,8115B966 0060
Cheat497_N=Credit : Mr Monday Night</code></blockquote>
I'm not sure how the code work exactly, Keson mentionned it was dependant on damage, it always seems random to me but when it happens the match can get an unsuspected turn.

Maybe it could be considered for inclusion, it really helps keeping match not always one sided (and make AI matches even more fun to watch), simulating some unbelievable comeback that happens in wrestling.

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Still no Steamboat sadly. BTW my Ted Dibiase came out weird. Maybe I forgot to tick some cheat because its a tranny with Dibiase body.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
That's right, there is definitely a cheat left unticked.

You should be able to just tick the entire Legends box so every cheat is activated.

savage101

Midcard
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm glad 2.1 came about. the 1st sav I played was 2.0. I was wondering if the project would continue or not. The level of detail for this is great. I love showdown also though. I think this and showdown are the best savs out there. Frankly you all should be working for 2k at this point.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Miss Elizabeth to the rescue !

4dVVUK6.jpg

And how sad to remember that those 3 passed away .

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Awesome picture.
Here is a code to prevent unfinished wrestlers from entering the Royal Rumble. It's not perfect, but it does a job for now (credit to WldFb).

D00931D8 000D
810AB034 0000
D00931D8 000D
810AB06C 0000
D00931D8 000D
810AB0A4 0000
D00931D8 000D
810AB114 0000
D00931D8 000D
810AB14C 0000

For the code to work, I moved all of the hidden wrestlers into the following stables: -

Hidden 1
Hidden 2
Superstars 6
Edit 1
Edit 2

There might be the odd occasion where a wrestler appears twice in a Rumble.

Here's an updated cheat file and save (if needed).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o97bjj6f7bxp3qq/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Updated+Cheat+File+++Save.zip

The cheat file contains a few fixes and updates, the Royal Rumble code, fixed Jake Taunt, fixed Razor taunt & moves. plus a couple of other little things that I can't recall at present.

As always, let me know if you spot anything out of place or not working correctly.

:B-)

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Orson said:
There might be the odd occasion where a wrestler appears twice in a Rumble.
thanks for the update.

Not a problem if some wrestlers can re-enter the royal rumble, after all Mick Foley in 1998 did it 3 times
:D

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

Alright guys, I just tried the updates here with Randy Savage's headband found here

http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/forum/thread-1474-page-93.html

and now I'm getting this error with the wrestlers heads, all the wrestlers have it lol:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/dafamily/WWF No Mercy-0_zpsvch7sb0n.png

I've tried reinstalling the mod but I still get this problem, even without applying the above fix!! Does anyone know how to fix this!!

Thanks for the help.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The head glitch is cause you need to use the non mirrored ROM (their is a ROM folder on the save folder, or DL on my signature).

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Flashman said:
The head glitch is cause you need to use the non mirrored ROM (their is a ROM folder on the save folder, or DL on my signature).
Good job, lol, forgot about that man :drunk
here is another one for you guys:

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
One thing about the non mirrored heads that's been bothering me is why on the texture there is a small green strip on the far right? Can you not stretch the texture all the way to the end?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
That is just to show the part of the texture that overlaps.

If you texture into that area, it will not been seen as the face texture will cover it.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I did that on another save and you can clearly see the the green part.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thats cause PJ1.6 and 1.7/2.X's mapping are different

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
So on 1.7 I can stretch the texture all the way to the right?