[Closed] HCTP editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>waleedgaber.619</dt><dd>Jun 3 2013, 09:51:48 PM</dd></dl><div>Is there anyway we could help ?[/quote]I think that already answer you:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>nikethebike</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Well feel free to donate when it's finished.[/quote]

From what I remember Nike said that these donations motivate him to conclude these tools.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Yes you could donate, just use the link from SVRedit and state you did it for the HCTP tool.

Another way would be to create command line tools that does some of the work for me.

Third and I think this must be done, is to categorize all the move values.
They are located here: http://cbx.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sdcode5&action=display&thread=8097

My plan is to load a configuration file that looks something like:
[move name to be displayed in editor]
[move value]
[possible categories (optional - if left empty it will be selectable everywhere)]

Example from link above is:
GermanSuplex11
14F8

GermanSuplex2
146C

which could be converted to something like:
GermanSuplex11
14F8
Grapple,Back grapple

GermanSuplex2
146C
Grapple

I don't have all possible categories yet though.

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think i can help with the third step , so you need them in a notepad file or what ?

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
So how do i do it ? open up the in-game create a moveset and get a list for say the ground grapples and make a txt file with their values like the example above ?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
That could work. Please report back continuously so that you don't end up spending time on things I can't use.

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The game crashes in pcsx2 when booted before anything appears on screen once i get it working i will start working , so if anyone could help please do

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I have no problems running HCTP on PCSX2. Check your video settings for example, default everything and work from there.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone remember/know the value to add to move codes to flip the moves (mirror them)? I mean, how to make a right handed punch left handed and so on...

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
from the code x link :
"Reversed Move Values*

*Reversed Move Values switch the angle of a move. For example, Elbow Drop 2 is normally executed with the left arm; however, using the reversed move value for elbow drop 2 will make a character use his/her right arm to execute it.
"

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm, well that link does not work. I know it was just a matter of adding a fixed value to any move (at least in later games) but I don't know what that value is.

I now have a tool that can set moves for all positions for all characters. :)

Now only figuring how I should build up the complete PCSX2 code file and the GUI is missing, still just command line.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Well I have major computer problems right now. Have to leave my computer in for service. Hopefully the HCTP editor will not be lost. I think it is safe but I am losing valuable time due to this.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Not prior to the crash no. I have backed up the disc now though.

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I saw your post in the svr editor topic , does it mean that you got your pc fixed and will resume the work on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.