[PS2 SVR2010] The Official OSR Legends patch

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
First of all for all you n00bs:
1. Find tutorials on how to mod the game yourself.
2. Ask questions to get help here.

<big><big>This is the thread for The Official OSR Legends patch.
</big></big>
This will be a cooperation work and all members of OSR will have potential to participate. Main contributors and updaters of this post will be me, MaiCue and 80las. Arjun will also be a main contributor. Sign up in this topic if you're interested in participating.

The goal is a total conversion of SVR into a complete legends game.

All characters will have:
- Character models for ingame and entrance.
- Updated attributes to balance the game play better.
- Updated movesets with hacked moves.
- Selection pictures (when possible).
- Entrance music.
- Titantrons or classic WWF logo?

The moves of the game will have updated names to more easily find what is what in the editor.

The game will have new old school arenas.

The game will have new start screen, and menu screens.

The game should have new brands and selection menus.

The game should have new title belts.

When the base patch is ready (all files of the game), classic Create-A-Story saves could be released for the patch. Things like "Hulk Hogans WrestleMania history", "The Undertaker streak" and things like that.

My suggestion is that we start out by filling spots for the game with those legend models that have been in the series from 2006-2011 (they could be texture modded for better attires and face/body textures though). That way we will ensure the quality of the mod to be as high as possible by keeping "real models" in the game.
The rest of the spots should be chosen from all the fantastic model conversions done by members of this forum.
To make sure we get as many characters as possible the number of alternate attires should be kept to a minimum to begin with atleast.

Isn't working together nice?
:toast:

<big><big>The progress:</big></big>
This is info to those of you who got the editor link.

You are now very welcome to start editing.
Start by using the red slots that have the 1 average.
I will mark characters that does not have finished movesets with an asterisk.
Missing stats will be easy to see.

However, so that the stats does not get very strange when done by different people I will have to post the stats system.

First, for those of you that want to do stats, read this article: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=9446179/

Second, 2010 is much faster than WWE12 so I think our speed stat should be in the interval 5-55 to get realistic speed out of the characters.

I'm gonna work more on this to try to get better gameplay. Feel free to join in the discussion.

<big><big>Editing guide lines:</big></big>

We will mark what is left to do on a wrestler.

After modding a wrestler remove this before their short name in brackets:
E: Entrance model missing
R: Ring model missing
I: Images missing
S: Stats (names+attributes) missing
M: Moveset missing

Examples:
[IM]Hulk Hogan - images and moveset left to do on Hulk Hogan.
[ERIS]Ultimate Warrior - character models(entrance+ring), images and stats missing for Ultimate Warrior.

When nothing is left, remove the empty brackets and the character is completed.

When adding a new character write his name and use brackets for all that still needs to be done.

Example:
[ERISM]Arn Anderson - Only name added, rest needs to be done...

Stat editing:
Here are the article suggestions converted to 2010 stats:

Strike Power
Strikers (Superstars known for their striking ability like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan): 65-60
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 60-50
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 50-30
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 30-20

Grapple Power
Monsters and Power Houses (Superstars known for their strength like Mark Henry and Big Show): 65-60
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 50-30
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 30-20

Submission
Submission Experts (Superstars known for ending matches with a submission like Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan): 90-100
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 90-80
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 80-65
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 65-50

Technique (Defense - how easy to reverse)
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 80-65
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 65-50

Speed
Luchadors and Cruiserweights (Superstars like Sin Cara and Evan Bourne): 60-55
Fast Heavyweights (Superstars like Kofi Kingston and CM Punk): 55-50
Regular Heavyweights (Superstars like William Regal and HHH): 50-35
Big Men that move well (Superstars like Husky Harris and Kane): 35-25
Slow Monsters (Superstars like Mark Henry and Big Show): 25-5

Stamina/durability
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 100-90
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 90-75
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 75-60
Announcers and others that are knocked out with few moves (managers/announcers): 60-5

Charisma
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 85-75
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 75-60
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 60-50

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
First of all for all you n00bs:
1. Find tutorials on how to mod the game yourself.
2. Ask questions to get help here.

<big><big>This is the thread for The Official OSR Legends patch.
</big></big>
This will be a cooperation work and all members of OSR will have potential to participate. Main contributors and updaters of this post will be me, MaiCue and 80las. Arjun will also be a main contributor. Sign up in this topic if you're interested in participating.

The goal is a total conversion of SVR into a complete legends game.

All characters will have:
- Character models for ingame and entrance.
- Updated attributes to balance the game play better.
- Updated movesets with hacked moves.
- Selection pictures (when possible).
- Entrance music.
- Titantrons or classic WWF logo?

The moves of the game will have updated names to more easily find what is what in the editor.

The game will have new old school arenas.

The game will have new start screen, and menu screens.

The game should have new brands and selection menus.

The game should have new title belts.

When the base patch is ready (all files of the game), classic Create-A-Story saves could be released for the patch. Things like "Hulk Hogans WrestleMania history", "The Undertaker streak" and things like that.

My suggestion is that we start out by filling spots for the game with those legend models that have been in the series from 2006-2011 (they could be texture modded for better attires and face/body textures though). That way we will ensure the quality of the mod to be as high as possible by keeping "real models" in the game.
The rest of the spots should be chosen from all the fantastic model conversions done by members of this forum.
To make sure we get as many characters as possible the number of alternate attires should be kept to a minimum to begin with atleast.

Isn't working together nice?
:toast:

<big><big>The progress:</big></big>
This is info to those of you who got the editor link.

You are now very welcome to start editing.
Start by using the red slots that have the 1 average.
I will mark characters that does not have finished movesets with an asterisk.
Missing stats will be easy to see.

However, so that the stats does not get very strange when done by different people I will have to post the stats system.

First, for those of you that want to do stats, read this article: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=9446179/

Second, 2010 is much faster than WWE12 so I think our speed stat should be in the interval 5-55 to get realistic speed out of the characters.

I'm gonna work more on this to try to get better gameplay. Feel free to join in the discussion.

<big><big>Editing guide lines:</big></big>

We will mark what is left to do on a wrestler.

After modding a wrestler remove this before their short name in brackets:
E: Entrance model missing
R: Ring model missing
I: Images missing
S: Stats (names+attributes) missing
M: Moveset missing

Examples:
[IM]Hulk Hogan - images and moveset left to do on Hulk Hogan.
[ERIS]Ultimate Warrior - character models(entrance+ring), images and stats missing for Ultimate Warrior.

When nothing is left, remove the empty brackets and the character is completed.

When adding a new character write his name and use brackets for all that still needs to be done.

Example:
[ERISM]Arn Anderson - Only name added, rest needs to be done...

Stat editing:
Here are the article suggestions converted to 2010 stats:

Strike Power
Strikers (Superstars known for their striking ability like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan): 65-60

Grapple Power
Monsters and Power Houses (Superstars known for their strength like Mark Henry and Big Show): 65-60

Submission
Submission Experts (Superstars known for ending matches with a submission like Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan): 90-100

Technique (Defense - how easy to reverse)

Speed
Luchadors and Cruiserweights (Superstars like Sin Cara and Evan Bourne): 60-55
Fast Heavyweights (Superstars like Kofi Kingston and CM Punk): 55-50
Regular Heavyweights (Superstars like William Regal and HHH): 50-35
Big Men that move well (Superstars like Husky Harris and Kane): 35-25
Slow Monsters (Superstars like Mark Henry and Big Show): 25-5

Stamina/durability
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 100-90
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 90-75
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 75-60
Announcers and others that are knocked out with few moves (managers/announcers): 60-5

Charisma
Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 85-75
Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 75-60
Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 60-50

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Now to the first question...
What game to base this on...

I am all in for 2010 for a couple of reasons.

1. The editor has support for most things we want to change.
2. The ability to create and exchange stuff is way easier with the editor which will be needed in a co-op job.
3. We can totally hack the movesets as we like.
4. The moves that were taken out from 2011.

I think it's best to start this on 2010. When/if I have implemented 2011 support, I can try to do it in a way that we can port our edited stuff over to 2011 later.

80las

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I agree about using svr2010. Also you are right about alt. attires, but before we start, Ragnaroc and Arjun could remove all un-needed models and portraits, to maximize free arc space.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Well, you're totally right about that.

But I don't think they should start doing that from the default files... More info will come...

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I like this topic.. Very much indeed! I wish I had a more powerful PC to play all these great SvR patches and mods. I am seriously missing out.

Now I cant help as I dont do anything related to SvR. However I can assist with textures of past wrestling games that may have not been ripped yet and am happy to help with reference pictures etc.

I am really excited about this project gents and wish you well on this. I certainly feel this will be one for the whole community to join in on.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I thought you said you wanted to test modding now that you can view the models without using the game AKI? :)

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
You know guys, this might be going overkill, but perhaps we can even join up with some PSP guys at the same time so that we do the same patch for both systems at once?

The chetc.pac can be used for both games and I could write a tool to move misc.pac data from the PS2 to the PSP (or we could do it with HEX).

The big job would be to convert all PS2 models/arenas/images and stuff to the PSP format. But if anyone signed up for this task it could be a reality and what I'd really want, the ability to play a legends game on both my PS2 and my PSP. The key though is that all base modding is done for the higher resolution PS2, then down sized for PSP.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
nikethebike said:
I thought you said you wanted to test modding now that you can view the models without using the game AKI? :)
Oh yeah I do buddy. I am working on something atm and with my work commitments and being a father I have little time.

I will certainly try SvR modding though sometime soon. ;)

Fofo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
The big job would be to convert all PS2 models/arenas/images and stuff to the PSP format. But if anyone signed up for this task it could be a reality and what I'd really want, the ability to play a legends game on both my PS2 and my PSP. The key though is that all base modding is done for the higher resolution PS2, then down sized for PSP.
I can give some help for PSP.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I have a start setup with the current roster:

Andre The Giant
Bam Bam Bigelow
Batista
Big Show
Bob Orton
Booker T
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
Davey Boy Smith
Demolition Ax
Demolition Crush
Demolition Smash
Dusty Rhodes
Earthquake
Edge
Eric Bischoff
Finlay
Goldberg
Goldust
Hollywood Hogan
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan
JBL
Jake Roberts
Jeff Hardy
Jerry Lawler
Jim Neidhart
Jim Ross
Jimmy Hart
Jimmy Snuka
John Cena
Junkyard Dog
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Matt Hardy
Mick Foley
Million Dollar Man
Mr. McMahon
Mr. Perfect
Paul Bearer
Randy Orton
Randy Savage
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Rick Rude
Ricky Steamboat
Road Warrior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Rob Van Dam
Roddy Piper
Sabu
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels
Sid Justice
Sting
Stone Cold
Taz
Terry Funk
The Rock
The Sandman
The Ultimate Warrior
Tommy Dreamer
Triple H
Undertaker
William Regal

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Please add and remove from that list.

Also, the arc file used for that roster has not been "cleaned". Anyone up for the challenge of cleaning it up?

HARDX36

Main Eventer
Reaction score
that sounds very well, i think if you need more arc space you can delete some objects for entrances(for example mr kennedy mics still there) , some loading screens, some menu screens(undertaker,triple hhh, etc backgrounds) and some other things

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Would you like to do it for us or point out exactly where they are in the arc?

HARDX36

Main Eventer
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
Would you like to do it for us or point out exactly where they are in the arc?
first i have to take a look to 2010 files because i only know where they are on 2011, but yes i can do it or tell you where it is

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Cool ! Maybe i can be of help regarding themes or titantrons , movesets , as soon as i get my laptop fixed.

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
Well, I don't really think the arc space will be much of a problem if we start by replacing existing wrestlers.

Arjun The Man

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I am soo late to reply.
first of all 2010 is good decision and as farvas arc goes pets first put all those together then if space problems occur I will clean it up
I am also aware of the fact of.New menus and other titanttons and themes if you want

now could you dig that succca

Arjun The Man

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
rebump:
one of the biggest problems in patches are movesets but in2010 you can do it in two ways
1svredit
2make caws and reinject their moveset
please select which is easy and better for you
I can handle the 2nd one btw

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Arjun D Man</dt><dd>Apr 5 2012, 01:59:00 AM</dd></dl><div>rebump:
one of the biggest problems in patches are movesets but in2010 you can do it in two ways
1svredit
2make caws and reinject their moveset
please select which is easy and better for you
I can handle the 2nd one btw[/quote]I can make .txt movesets without glitches pretty quickly with SVREdit. That's what I've been doing for my 2010 patch.