[PS2 SVR2010] The Official OSR Legends patch

80las

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Less than 20 wrestlers of our lists have announcer names in svr2010, therefore we should not be limited by them. Lets replace all models to have huge roster !!!

Great example Ragnaroc, i agree we should disable all commentary.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
As I said, why not start out by filling up the usable no model slots first?
THEN start dealing with the arc space and replacing issues. I'm all in for a great roster but I want a bug free game too.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I mean another cool thing would be to replace Lilian Garcia with The Fink for example... :)

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps we should talk to Def Dave about if we could use his entrance music with introductions package he did?
So we could disable the ring announcers and just put the introductions in the heel/face music.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I believe after a match the long theme (neutral without cheer or boos) is played anyway...

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
I believe after a match the long theme (neutral without cheer or boos) is played anyway...
Yes, it is.

Arjun The Man

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
MaiCue said:
nikethebike said:
Yes, it is.
i used this idea in my wwe project v2 and we can make theme/heel(with announcer form utube)/face(with announcer form utube) if you want i can post a example

got this one from wii kevin nashs edited entrance theme with announcer name can make customs too
<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd> </dd></dl><code>http://www.mediafire.com/?q2qgatp7te2odqg</code></blockquote>

:toast:

kanefan666

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
It's possible to replace commentary. But i've seen the files inside the commentary file and theres more than 600 .adx files. Didn't even care to open. As far as introductions go, those are easily replacable.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
This is info to those of you who got the editor link.

You are welcome to start editing.
Start by using the red slots that have the 1 average.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
For those of you that want to help with stats, read this article: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=9446179/

Second, 2010 is much faster than WWE12 so I think our speed stat should be in the interval 5-55 to get realistic speed out of the characters.

I'm gonna work more on this to try to get better gameplay. Feel free to join in the discussion.

What intervals should the strike, grapple, technique stats have for instance?

I'm also interested in getting a discussion going on how the characters should be rated in relation to one another.

For example Hogan should be overrated on the offense stats, since his finishers makes almost no damage (opponent no sells) which means his moves must do way more damage so that they stay down when he drops the leg. He also does not have many high impact moves so that means all his moves should do more damage.

Things like this... :)

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Realistically, strikes and grapples should always be close. Because martial artists and brawlers inflict most of their damage through strikes. But this does not automatically make their grapple moves weak. So they should be close.

Also, lighter wrestlers should have weaker strikes, because larger and heavier wrestlers tend to remain standing for most shots.

If there is some kind of strike that a lighter wrestler uses that lays people out (example: Sweet Chin Music), we can use the move editor to increase the head damage.

Technique and submission attributes should also be similar for obvious reasons.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Here are the article suggestions converted to 2010 stats:

Strike Power

Strikers (Superstars known for their striking ability like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan): 65-60

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 60-50

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 50-30

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 30-20

Grapple Power

Monsters and Power Houses (Superstars known for their strength like Mark Henry and Big Show): 65-60

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 60-50

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 50-30

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 30-20

By lowering the values across the board on the two attributes above, we will increase the length of matches and the effectiveness of the defensive attributes.

Submission

Submission Experts (Superstars known for ending matches with a submission like Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan): 90-100

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 90-80

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 80-65

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 65-50

Technique (Defense - how easy to reverse)

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 90-80

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 80-65

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 65-50

Speed

This is one of the attributes that you need to set based on the individual superstar (and since this stat is for WWE12 that is way slower than 2010 I will put my much lower suggestions aswell).

Luchadors and Cruiserweights (Superstars like Sin Cara and Evan Bourne): 100-90 (60-55)
(One problem here with my stats is that Superstars who have a top rope finisher and can leap to the top rope like Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel needs 90 to be able to do that.)

Fast Heavyweights (Superstars like Kofi Kingston and CM Punk): 75-90 (55-50)

Regular Heavyweights (Superstars like William Regal and HHH): 60-75 (50-35)

Big Men that move well (Superstars like Husky Harris and Kane): 65-50 (35-25)

Slow Monsters (Superstars like Mark Henry and Big Show): 25-50 (25-5)

Stamina

Perhaps the most important attribute. We want longer matches, multiple pin attempts and more chain grapples. Setting this value high will help us to accomplish those things.

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 100-90

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 90-75

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 75-60

Charisma

Charisma helps you get a finisher faster. We want to slow down the pace of the match and stretch out the length.

Main Eventer (Superstars that headline big shows like John Cena): 85-75

Mid Carder (Superstars who compete for lower titles and are sometimes involved in story lines like Kofi Kingston): 75-60

Jobber (Superstars that rarely win and are used to make other superstars look better like Husky Harris): 60-50

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I will start lowering all values by using the plus/minus buttons. When you import stats made by others remember to convert the stats according to these rules above...

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
You didn't quite understand me. An individual's grapple should be similar to their strike value. So if someone like CM Punk has 65, then his grapple should not be lower than 53 at an extreme low.If you remember, grapple and strike used to be combined under strength in previous games.

But then again, someone like the Big Show can punch A LOT HARDER than CM Punk can. But he isn't a brawler, he is a powerhouse. I don't agree with the concept of Cena being able to punch somebody just as hard as Big Show could.

Stamina is a tricky area. I see your point on giving main-eventers more stamina. They tend to have longer matches, so it makes sense. But high-flyers like Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston and Tyson Kidd use a lot of running and high-energy moves, but do not tire easily. Their moves cause a lot of stamina drain, but they aren't really affected by this.

I agree with your points about Charisma. But perhaps they should be even lower.

Technique and submission are mainly defensive. Guys who can counter grapple moves are almost as capable of escaping submissions, sans finishers. So there should not be much of a gap. But for the most part, guys who normally win by submission tend to be good at countering grapple moves anyway.

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
There is no stamina attribute in SVR 2010, stamina value that appears in the editor is "durability". It determines how much damage a wrestler can take.

About having strike and grapple at the same level, I think we should determine these stats separately. Although most wrestlers seem to have the same level of power in both areas, some wrestlers are dominant in one area, i.e. Kurt Angle (grapple > strike), Rob Van Dam (strike > grapple).

Also, I think the base standard of strike should be higher than that of grapple since most of the strikes in the game deal much less damage than grapple.

Another point, submission attribute also determine how fast you can get out of a submission hold. Wrestlers with high submission can get out of a hold without much of the RS spin.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
"There is no stamina attribute in SVR 2010, stamina value that appears in the editor is "durability". It determines how much damage a wrestler can take."

Exactly.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I have some ideas also on how to put a little twist on the movesets and make them a little more SYM like. It will make the computer a little more challenging aswell since you will have less chance of countering, but the method has drawbacks aswell.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Have noone else but me started on the patch?

I've done the initial stat conversions and tested in game.
The charisma stat should probably be even lower as you said.

I thought the jumping to top rope animation had to do with character speed but Rey still does it even though his speed is down to 53 now.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Another thing is that I think we should make an empty arena mod aswell. My CPU has a hard time running the complete arenas at full speed. The empty SD one works but I'd like to have it modded into an old school arena.