[PS2 SVR2010] The Official OSR Legends patch

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
Another thing is that I think we should make an empty arena mod aswell. My CPU has a hard time running the complete arenas at full speed. The empty SD one works but I'd like to have it modded into an old school arena.
What about this one? I just remebered i did this after i read your post. Mybe it will help who knows?

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=9167329/1/#new

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
I haven't done anything. I'll wait until you guys got the basic roster data sorted. I mean I don't know what kind of stats you guys are up to. I don't wanna mess things up.

Also, the jumping to the top rope animation has only one thing to do with it, springboard ability. People with this ability, no matter how low their speed is, will jump to the top rope.

80las

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wanted to import some characters, but had no time today, i will try soon.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Well this is the story right now:

1. I gave away the url to some of you guys that I trust to try out this type of collaborative modding.
2. Let's just start this thing right now, I'll try to do backups once a day so the most things we will mess up and loose will be a days work if someone screws up.
3. Add what you want, change what you want, however a good idea could be to post what you did in this topic so we keep a record of what is done. If someone does something strange we will discuss it and I'll have final say since I have the backups. Editing stats and stuff is so easy that it really should not delay the work.
4. I will try to figure out some smart way to mark what is finished and what still needs editing. Suggestions are welcome...
5. Should we perhaps give eachother roles to be in charge of different parts of the project?
6. If anyone else that has not gotten the url wants to contribute, post here. If I think I can trust you, you will receive an invite to join the official project and can contribute directly without approval of anyone. However anyone can contribute anyway by doing mods, moveset exports, arenas, images, sounds and other things and letting us use them.

But for now, let us just get this thing going right away!!!
I think we could also do beta releases to keep more people involved as beta testers.

80las

Main Eventer
Reaction score
To mark what is finished, or what is missing, we can add some codes in the name of the wrestler.

Something like:
MOD: in-ring & entrance model added
STA: Attributes & Stats added
MOV: Moveset added
FIN: FInished

For example we can have a name "Hogan-FIN" which means its finished,
or "Hogan-MOD-STA" which means models and stats are ready.

Music i guess will be added at the end for all models, so no need to mark this.

But a problem will be:
If i upload models, edit name, height, stats but add no moves,
Then someone else has a .txt with moveset, imports it, and all my changes in name, height, stats are overwritten.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
That's something like what I thought too.

Perhaps use the short name for it?

"If i upload models, edit name, height, stats but add no moves,
Then someone else has a .txt with moveset, imports it, and all my changes in name, height, stats are overwritten."

Look at how one of the txt files look.
Just remove the part with the stats from the txt file. The import will only overwrite what is in the file... :)

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah arenas, music, that kind of stuff that is not available from inside the editor should probably be added at the end. Or in parallell, we should just decide what music slots to replace and what arenas to make...

We can still only have two arenas without ramp.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Updated first post with this.

I will go through the ones I added and look what is missing...

<big><big>Editing guide lines:</big></big>

We will mark what is left to do on a wrestler.

After modding a wrestler remove this before their short name in brackets:
E: Entrance model missing
R: Ring model missing
I: Images missing
S: Stats (names+attributes) missing
M: Moveset missing

Examples:
[IM]Hulk Hogan - images and moveset left to do on Hulk Hogan.
[ERIS]Ultimate Warrior - character models(entrance+ring), images and stats missing for Ultimate Warrior.

When nothing is left, remove the empty brackets and the character is completed.

When adding a new character write his name and use brackets for all that still needs to be done.

Example:
[ERISM]Arn Anderson - Only name added, rest needs to be done...

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
Have I mentioned that we MUST NOT disable anyone using the editor? Their theme songs will be gone.

We'll remove unwanted characters with codes after we finish everything. That way theme song slots will still be intact.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Won't those songs work if you don't change anything with the ingame editors?

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
It works dude, trust me. I've done it before.

Also, theme songs with single slot, i.e. Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, Raw, SmackDown, ECW, will not play if you set it using the editor. These slots have to be assigned ingame in order for them to work.

BGMs are the only exceptions to this case since they're not normally selectable ingame.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
But we are overwriting unwanted people completely, aren't we? That would keep songs available as we are not disabling them.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but I think we shouldn't overwrite them until we run out of no models. I don't want the crowd chanting "Lets go Cena" or something like that for another character...
Arjun found a way to add music aswell.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
MaiCue said:
nikethebike said:
It works dude, trust me. I've done it before.
I think you misunderstood what I meant...

If I assign music with the editor, then disable the original character and use my new character with added music without using any ingame editors. It works right? Plays the right music?

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
MaiCue said:
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I think you misunderstood what I meant...

If I assign music with the editor, then disable the original character and use my new character with added music without using any ingame editors. It works right? Plays the right music?
I'm not entirely sure. I haven't tried this method before.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I think it does. I'm quite sure it only disables it from the ingame menus (as it's tied to the character). If we do all our editing in the editor this is no problem.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I've marked what is done and what's missing now.

The enabled characters are the ones added so far.

You can sort by "short name" to get the "todo" -list...

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
The ones with [ I ] should perhaps be saved for later. I'm not sure how we should handle the selection images...

But it's just for you guys to start working now.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Also many of the ones with [ M ] has a basic moveset and correct finishers but I did not put real work into them.