Sculptris

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
My Zbrushcentral topic : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?169719-Baal-s-sculptures

Decided to give another shot at 3d sculpting using Sculptris Alpha 6

509012asian.png

I'm not satisfied with how the sideburns look so i'll get rid of them.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Is he supposed to be someone? I like how he looks, but I agree, his sideburns look weird, he'd look cool without 'em

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
No, i'm just trying to make decent faces at the moment, maybe when i'll be better with the program i'll try to make existing people.
To be honest i tryed to make myself once and it looked nothing like me.

Removed the sideburns :

35084717dd.png

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I didn't think about that, but now that you say it i must admit that there is some likeness

Edit : Decided to give him some hair with Blender

593726ddd.png

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Very nice! Something I'v always wanted to try out myself.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Then do it, Sculptris is totally free, blender too. All you need is some free time to use it.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
baal666 said:
Then do it, Sculptris is totally free, blender too. All you need is some free time to use it.
I've actually wanted to this myself, but my graphics card is not supported :(

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
ZBrush cost shitload of money, Sculptris was made by Pixologic too, it's not as good as ZBrush but it's free.

I'm trying to understand how to texture models with blender cause i don't like how the textures end up when you use Sculptris' paint tool

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
baal666 said:
I could but for once we have good free programs, also i'm not sure if talking about it is allowed on zetaboards.
It's not allowed. Anyway, back on topic. I really like your work, I want to see more of what you can do! Also, I was wondering if sculptris can import/export .obj and .3DS files?

80las

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not allowed to talk about illegal software, deleted GTpunks post.

On topic, 3d face looks very good !

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
@TSF
Sculptris can import and export .obj files but for some of them you get an error and it won't open.

Thanks guys, i'm trying to make a hand now but it's not as easy as i thought :p

Edit added a link to my Zbrushcentral topic on the first post, there are 3/4 of my previous trys with Sculptris.

Edit 2 Decided to post pictures of how the forearm and hand are going. The Sculptris community on ZBC seems pretty much dead so i'll post things here to have feedbacks/advices

36003620ss.png

Edit 3 Bruce Willis
2ywzlmh.jpg

bigmike931

Young Lion
Reaction score
I definitely see Bruce Willis in that bro. The first one reminds me of Keiji Mutoh and Masahiro Chono also. Awesome work so far.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thank you.

Today i decided to trash the hand (this shit is too hard for now, need to practice more) and made a rose

632376roses.png

Edit : reworked the inner part

661144rosee.png

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Good stuff baal! Keep it up mate. It takes talent and skill to make this, I got zbrush, and boy was it hard to do anything! Really appreciate the stuff you're doing ;)

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I had my hands on ZBrush only one time some years ago and i didn't have the patience to try to understand every brushes. The good thing with Sculptris is that it's very user friendly, you have simple brushes and easy to understand which one can be used for what you want to do.
It doesn't take that much talent, just time. You see the rose, i made one petal and imported/reshaped it 20 times and here we go.

842673rooose.png

897531cif.png

Worked with materials to give the eyes a wet and deep aspect

778500skull.png