Showdown 64

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
If you are doing requests, please do Tiger Ali Singh or his father Tiger Jeet Singh. He's popular in Japan. BTW: looking forward to Doink The Clown. I remember still remember that match against 123 kid

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
wiseman said:
If you are doing requests, please do Tiger Ali Singh or his father Tiger Jeet Singh. He's popular in Japan. BTW: looking forward to Doink The Clown. I remember still remember that match against 123 kid

:topicbump:

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
lol Doink, nice. the other day i watched the survivor series with Clowns R us vs the royal family. nice addition.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I am fixing most running and ground strike finishers tonight.

3okrHWL.gif
bCKCvgI.gif

w5iwKyo.gif
mvjcSWz.gif

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Call me when someone makes a fully scaled to ratio Dink the Clown in this game, complete with bow-leg action.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
A real scale Dink might come sooner than you think. I already altered Tokidoim's midget code so that it is compatible with the other codes in Showdown.

9VkoUXh.png

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Yeah, midget wrestler may have their own slot after today. :)

Also I think I'm done with this stuff, meow.

Ekxyn9C.gif

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
lol I didn't even know there was a "midget" code. Maybe if possible give him thicker, shorter legs.

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
1. Doink looks awesome. Always had a weird fascination with Doink... idk why or what it all means.

2. No joke, when I was a 13 year old kid I used to have dreams that different moves would be possible in different situations in No Mercy, like standing Sweet Chin Music during a Special. And now these running Specials. Actual dreams. This thread makes dreams come true.

3. As long as we're doing requests, I can request Stone Cold E.T., right? And not be banned? That way I can fight off aliens. ::ducks ban:: Aw hell yea

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I'd actually let Jordy put his Shrek in if he made a Stone Cold ET. I'd even meticulously put in the entire poly codes for BOTH.

Okay, I've been screwing around with movesets and got more ideas, now.

Anyone that's played No Mercy knows that when you get beat up enough, you start to gain spirit at an accelerated rate. There's a way to switch this off and on with Health mods. Neat, huh? Well, it gets better, you can also set moves to be unlocked during this, as well. :)

Desperation moves? Oh hell yeah!

(I only banned the first guy. ;) )

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
So, reskinning of PPV/Supercard mode is on hold for the time being.

The mode doesn't work unless the vs. screens are enabled, which is where you select P1, P2, etc., which means for the mode to work, that code has to be turned off, which means going through and retexturing those, and I'm already about to do the various superstar select screens, plus I actually like the vs. screens off part of Showdown.

What it's doing without the vs screens is just assigning P1 to ALL wrestlers involved, so the same button pushes trigger the same actions on all wrestlers at the same time.

So for now, the retexturing of PPV mode is being shelved, so as to work on other aspects of the game.

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
Also, during the days of playing World Tour and Revenge for countless hours, I used to dream of a Hogan running leg drop unlocking only during Special and I would say to myself, "I wish they would program that. It would make so much sense." Years later, here we are.

Desperation moves? This is all too awesome. Stone Cold E.T. should desperation-throw a couplea cheese borgers (even though I was just poking fun at over-requesting when this is already the largest NM roster ever, now the idea sounds great. Then again I've had a few).

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I tested desperation mods and it worked with some taunts, so moves should, as well. There's a very high amount of situations you can play with.

I want "Boss" Characters to be a bit more of a thing, as of right now it's pretty much just Undertaker at Wrestlemania and a few pioneer guys who are just scary strong.

So take a guy like Goldberg and have his parameters set similar to Undertaker, but instead, have it work for Nitro. Add some situation parameters (If someone interferes, Goldberg gets a spirit and health boost, when match begins, Goldberg has a higher spirit rate than the player), all sorts of things.

I was trying to have situation based interference but I can't seem to control WHO interferes. It's something I don't think ANY hacker could do, it's that fucking stubborn. It could have led to awesome stuff, but I haven't given up on it, yet. I have more than a few ideas (that probably won't work).

But yeah, more fun stuff to come. More ground moves for technical wrestlers, more insane lucha moves for high fliers, better power boosts for strong guys and so forth. It'll take a while but bah gawd we are going to have some fun and dynamic movesets to muck around with.

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
That sounds beyond great. I want to basically NOT be able to beat Goldberg in the Nitro arena. That idea is brilliant.

I can't even believe this stuff is possible.

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm away for a year or so and when I come back I see CBV playing No Mercy online and making midgets while making Goldberg unbeatable only in WCW........

I'll spent the rest of the year trying to get this thing to work for me cause I'm speechless. :)

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Decided to spend some time just playing the game tonight, instead of worrying about designing anything.

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes, the game does look sexy being played on an HDTV...

p50foK.jpg