Showdown 64

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
e5271684.png

:good news

Holy shit that's awesome. Tempted to buy the expensive magazine just for one article, awesome stuff.

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
Bruno looks great, and playing v5 has been awesome! I can't rave about this mod enough, I've been telling my friends, many of whom haven't been interested in wrestling games in about a decade.

Congratulations on the magazine nod. This recognition is well deserved. As a teacher, I know that when you work hard, it's pretty damn important that some people recognize it.

The v6 roster looks great. October (hopefully) can't come soon enough. Any chance of Goldust/Stardust? They could share a slot, and I could relive the Goldust/Razor Ramon feud by dealing out vicious uppercuts to Da Bad Guy.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
We definitely have plans for the Rhodes brothers making an appearance. :)

Thanks for spreading the word!

FTW JMe

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
That's so cool about the magazine. I'll definitely be having a read next time I'm in Tesco, cellophane wrapper or not. :B-)

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Congrats CBV Bro this is a fantastic mod this latest update deserves to be in a magazine :)
Also Great work on Bruno ;)

I'm having a blast with this update
C2s9BJn.jpg

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Hey Keson.
I like how you enabled grabbing weapons from under the ring, makes it a bit more realistic. that being said, would you be able to incorporate grabbing ladders from under the ring too since ladders are already in the game?

V

VICEMAN

Crowd Member
Is there any way to expound on the directions for running this mod, step by step? I'm having super difficulty getting the textures to load.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah a step by step would be helpful. At least tell us what settings. I'm following the settings suggested in the Legends 2.0 mod, so I'm using Direct X, Mudlords Rice Video etc, but nothing is working for me.

Reaction score
bluntfello said:
Yeah a step by step would be helpful. At least tell us what settings. I'm following the settings suggested in the Legends 2.0 mod, so I'm using Direct X, Mudlords Rice Video etc, but nothing is working for me.
inside the download link there is a document which has the settings..

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
Keson said:
<big>Instructions: This mod is only compatible with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 plugin (The default Project 64 2.1 video plugin)! Place the 'WWF No Mercy" file into your texture folder, place the cht. file in your 'Config' folder, and place the fla. file in your 'Save' folder. Make sure the 'Showdown 64' box is ticked in your cheat file! Click them and play! This mod is only compatible with Project 64 1.7 or higher, though it is highly recommended you play this with a fresh install of 2.1. Make sure you double check your directory paths if the textures do not appear!</big>

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
bluntfello said:
In the first post it states which plugin to use, and what version of PJ64 to run.

I think peeps need to read the instructions a bit more thoroughly. ;)

Edit: Just in case someone missed it.... again:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Instructions: This mod is only compatible with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 plugin (The default Project 64 2.1 video plugin)! Place the 'WWF No Mercy" file into your texture folder, place the cht. file in your 'Config' folder, and place the fla. file in your 'Save' folder. Make sure the 'Showdown 64' box is ticked in your cheat file! Click them and play! This mod is only compatible with Project 64 1.7 or higher, though it is highly recommended you play this with a fresh install of 2.1. Make sure you double check your directory paths if the textures do not appear!
[/quote]

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Finally got it to work. This is so much quicker than mods on PJ64 1.6, and the textures load much faster. Only problem I have is I get a widescreen effect while running it. There is a huge black space above and below the screen like in the movies. Any idea how I can fix this?

saiyankingmario

Young Lion
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
Thanks guys. Finally got it to work. This is so much quicker than mods on PJ64 1.6, and the textures load much faster. Only problem I have is I get a widescreen effect while running it. There is a huge black space above and below the screen like in the movies. Any idea how I can fix this?
When you're playing the game, go to configure graphic plugin, and change "aspect display" from "automatic" to "stretch". Problem should be solved then.

EDIT: Just realized this only works for the windowed mode lol. Can't get it to work for full screen

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Sweet! That solved my problem. Now I can really enjoy this game.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just make sure you have your full screen resolution set up correctly, my full screen resolution is 1280x960 and it doesn't stretch it in full screen, it looks perfect, actually.

Oh yeah! Tomorrow is my day off, so another preview for version 6 will be up.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
One more question. How do you dump textures? I want to inject some textures in but it's not the same as it was in Project 1.6? I tried "dump all textures" but that does nothing.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Select dump all textures, then hit "ok". ;) THEN dump your textures.