Midcard
Reaction score
Lets not forget WCW coming soon
The cold man himself
80-Kpjhseh.png

G

Guy_LeDouche

Crowd Member
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I cannot get any textures to display correctly in Showdown 64. I have used WWF No Mercy mods before, but this is my first time using PJ64 2.1, so I'm a bit thrown off. So without further adieu, here's the jist of it all:

My (relevant) Specs:

i7 4770k CPU
GTX 770 2GB GPU
16 GB RAM RAM

What I did:

Installed PJ 64 2.1
Downloaded Showdown 64 5.3 from page 79
WWF No Mercy folder - Textures
Project64.cht - Config
WWF No Mercy.fla - Save

I then opened up the imgr album with screenshots and changed my settings to match each one EXACTLY. I've checked twice.

I run No Mercy, open up the cheat file (only Showdown 64 is ticked; Optional and Edit Hacks are blank) and it loads up. I just quickly choose a singles match, and none of the textures are correct for any of the wrestlers. Everything is random looking. I am completely stumped and out of options. :\

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Did the files replace the originals, and where are your directories pointing to?

G

Guy_LeDouche

Crowd Member
Ahhhh, it was the directories. The texture directory was wrong. Was that a step I missed somewhere? X_X

Thank you Keson for the response!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No problem, it wasn't a step you missed, just the most common error. I should make a tutorial sometime with pics.

The legendary Frank Gotch!

KLcU3vf.png

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I know im late on this but the portrait pic i have for finn Bálor is of the rock.
Finn didnt have one in the DLC pack. any suggestions??

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
which one did he use before? lol
only one we have is the prince devitt/ steen portrait.
did I miss something?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
:sgctc: I'm not going to dignify that with an answer, silly. There is no new portriat until I make one with Owens and Balor together.

And NOW....... Frank Gotch's greatest rival, Georg Hackenschmidt! The most famous rivalry of wresting in the early 20th century is on it's way into your homes!

1NUJvMc.png

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Maybe im not being clear i guess. The issue for me is that finn Bálor didnt replace devitt in the steen/devitt character. instead, hes all alone on his own page with the rock as his portrait.
if Finn replaced devitt then i wouldnt of said anything about the portrait.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
From reading the issue and the response I'd say rename Devitt's portrait to the rock :)

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
thanks for the help rain, when i did that the issue was solved. its exactly what i needed, but when i did that then the rocks picture changed to prince devitt too lol.
Am I supposed to put finns attires and blood in prince devitts folder or is Finn Bálor supposed to have his own folder in the roster section?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
:topicbump:

All you need to do is clone whatever skin you want onto Prince Devitt in the smackdown mall. You don't need to manually replace anything beyond that. Delete the mpk data in the data section, or move it pack to controller pack.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
:comp2: :comp:
when you released Finn you never said anything about cloning in the instructions.
This is all the instructions said: Includes 3 attires, blood, and an mpk. Replace your old blood folder with the one included.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I dunno why the instructions have to be like the holy grail around here. Thanks for the help tho, better late then never. Even though the cloning worked, the portait pics for finn Bálor are still of the rock. Im tapping out tho, not gonna try to figure this out.
:zz

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Dude, it wasn't purposely trying to be cryptic to you, mpks are an extremely common form of caw swapping in No Mercy, we've been using it for over ten years, I didn't think I needed to include instructions how to use it, that's all. :)

MOAR KINGKANYON!

0ZiCwYJ.png

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I cant believe it Georg Hackenschmidt and Frank Gotch !!! Soo amazing !!!! how about Antonino Rocca??? :D

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
ive been following showdown 64 since there was about 25 wrestlers and we got that 5 wrestler DLC pack that included DDP.
never once did I have to clone a wrestler over. I either just drop wrestlers in the roster folder or "move" the wrestlers from the memory pack to the game. never "clone".
and just now i figured out how to get the right picture. i had to go to edit wrestler and change the profile pic from in there. How was i supposed to know that with the instructions provided?
Im not trying to start a feud here :truce: :truce: :truce: All this modding may be second nature to you but what you dont realize is that a lot of us arent modders/hackers.
So sorry if i ask a lot of questions, im not trying to be annoying or waste anybodies time but you got to understand what im talking about here. You have a popular mod game and you get new people downloading it every day. Do you assume they know to clone the files over??
NIce Mark Henry btw

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Well.... kinda, but that's completely my fault. Hey, I'm not attacking you, I'm a smartass from Montana, this is how I talk to people I know and like. You're cool as hell! Stop worrying if I give you shit from time to time! :) I have to, or else I won't reach my daily quota.

Also, kingkanyon brings his Midas touch again:

CeB31KN.png

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
Oh mannn. Ryback looks awesome. I can't wait to feed him more... losses.

This WrestleMania DLC is getting completely out of control, in the best way possible.

JabbaTheHutt

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson, stop being a dick. Your work is top notch. What you do for us is amazing. But you ought to be nicer to your "customers". How are jobbers like Optimus Prime supposed to enjoy the game if they are unaware of the cloning or anything?

I demand you create the 1-2-3 Kid and Jim Neidhart, then all will be forgiven.

Regards,
Jabba
Also, can't you mod the arena so there is NO crowd at all? Remove the barricades, and you have an empty arena match.