Showdown 64

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That NJPW arena from a few posts up is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! :)

Gamefools: Rename the cell texture to be D84C45D4B87AE7870C4DB0A5813F6409.png

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Just you wait until myself and jazz are done making it fully you won't be disappointed ;)

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just wait about a year and we'll have a fully functional 6 sided ring. Maybe wait longer. I got a lot to do.

Because it's completely possible.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
i know you have lots going on around you these days but when can we except to see 5.5 fully uploaded?

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
What if this stops being a no mercy mod in general. It just becomes its own game of a heavily Modded No Mercy Mod just like Half Life
I mean this mod is godly, such coding and textures makes this arguably the best WWF No Mercy Mod

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
This is the best wrestling game ever. the only reason why the original No Mercy isnt talked about much is cause the roster is out dated but thats fixed now. This game hasnt even reached its full potential. Theres so much more thats gonna come out of this. Me personally, I dont like the newer wrestling games because the controls are just so complex. The patterns and sequences you have to do are tedious and redundant. The new wrestlings games are doing the same moves in no mercy but are just complicating it for the players. Even when it comes to just kicking out of a pin, you have to hit the button right on time with that meter they show you, thats no fun. What was wrong with just smashing buttons to kick out!? :wall:

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
This stopped being just another re-texture a long time ago. But now that I am getting more familiar with hacking it leaves me seriously wondering if finishing 5.5 is worth it. I think the entire dynamic should be focused on instead of trying to just patch what I have.

I have ideas. Other people have great ideas. So all I can say right is I've spent less time actually trying to finish 5.5 and more time trying to make some of my ideas a reality with hacking.

I don't know what lays in store for me the next few weeks to I'm not going to officially announce any release or shit, but I can promise I'm not going to quit modding or hacking WWF No Mercy, I just don't know how much time will be devoted like I have been this last year or so. That's all.

At least you guys can rest assured knowing cool shit like this is coming:

I figured out a way to expand the flying attacks the from default option (four) to 16.

Then I accidentally figured out how to make really as many as you want. So yeah. High flying will be a LOT more dynamic. It was kinda shallow only having 1 option for every instance (standing opponent inside, laying opponent inside, standing opponent outside, laying opponent outside). So yeah. One more thing to look forward to.

Though it says in the description it makes a total if 16 moves available I figured out a way to expand it further.

Like, a LOT further. I don't think a lot of the applications for broad location mods have really been messed with. They're interesting. I use them mostly for camera hacks but now I am kinda getting a map of the arena, and you could seriously have fun with it. Movesets can be changed based on location in the ring. Not just movesets, hell.... ANYTHING.

WWF No Mercy will never fucking die until they finally give us that god damn sequel. In the mean time, there's always the glorious AKI engine.

And I have my brain around the rumble problem, it's just too much code to write. I don't want to re-write EVERYONE who is in the 2nd-4th slots 120 times EACH. Someone needs to write a converter tool because I refuse to. :p Those codes are anywhere from 8-12 to sometimes (very rarely) 14 parts. Putting them in the first time sucks enough, lelz.

But match types? Yeah. 6.0 is gonna have more of everything. 5.5 will be released... eventually.

Maybe.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
I can't even begin to wrap my brain around this, you may very well be one of the greatest of all time :)

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Nope. This is simply the product of jeffhardyrules, SK Stylez showing me how to look for stuff (to find the corner specific values), barskio and wwefan4life2 showing me how move hacks are structured, and boredom on the Greyhound.

When you start to see how the game works (and I've only seen a very small amount) you can start seeing ideas in your head that are realistic. That's all. I encourage anyone to go to jamstubb's archives and start playing with the addys and values there. You'd be surprised the things you'll find.

edit: Apparently Gamefools dislikes the idea of multiple flying attacks. :p

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Over the last day or so, I've been talking to Keson about contributing to the project, and this is how:

CIIK6d.jpg

Custom nameplates for every wrestler in the game.

He's given me the go ahead to move forward with this. I appreciate his permission for me to add to this amazing project and also for giving his personal stamp of approval on the designs themselves.

Obviously this is a massive undertaking doing nameplates for 200+ wrestlers, but I hope to have it done fairly soon.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson said:
WWF No Mercy will never fucking die until they finally give us that god damn sequel. In the mean time, there's always the glorious AKI engine.
Someone give Vince McMahon a call right now! We need this! I wouldn't mind a sequel on the next gen consoles but with AKI engine. That would make Vince happy. Imagine WWE No Mercy 2 on the PSN.
y5GKqwU.gif

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
By the time I get done hacking this camera it will feel like a sequel. Ii already kinda does.

Also: Bow down to SK Styles because he finally cracked the problem of No Mercy having limited rosters.

We no longer have that problem. We will be able to fit in as many as we want.

Don't expect Showdown to run out of steam for a long time.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
wow, unlimited roster spots, custom name plates. Good stuff right here.

TJPunk: Great idea with those name plates, they look amazing. One thing i recommend is to be creative when you make them. Like for the current WWE wrestlers you can use the new WWE logo, guys like undertaker and steve austin you can use the attitude era logo, hogan & Macho would get the old school WWF logo and so on. Or if thats a lot of work you can use an OSR logo for everybody. I bring that up because this game expanded beyond the WWE brand.
I dunno, just an idea.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Way ahead of ya. That's what I was already doing.

Those are just two of the first ones I had put into the game to test them out. I have a few tricks up my sleeve with these...

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Excellent. good find man. I know creating all those images are gonna be repetitive for you but man thats gonna make the gameplay experience more enjoyable. Thanks

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It's fairly easy to hack the names on the plates to appear arena specific as well.

So, WWE RAW = Seth Rollins

In Indy (blank) Arena = ROH's Tyler Black

Movesets and all.

Someday. The more people that learn to hack and mod the more likely we can finish this.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
As of this moment, I've got 69 down, and 136 to go to cover the entire 5.4 roster. It's one of those things that seems like a huge task, but once I started to tackle it and came up with a gameplan, it's not so hard.

First, I dumped all of the textures first, and put them all in a folder, so that as I saved them, I would just save them over the lo-res textures.

As for the names themselves, I just do all of the names of a certain type at once so I'm not constantly changing the template. First do ALL the current WWE guys, then do ALL the Attitude guys, etc.

In theory, I could have it done by this weekend.
Nameplate Update:

I now have 162 nameplates finished and in-game. I still have 43 of the 5.4 roster to go, and I'm going to have some bonus nameplates as well for some guys, but it looks like my goal of having this ready by the weekend should be doable.

Now, how about a look at more of the nameplate designs?

Pre-Attitude WWF and NXT:
fplk26.jpg

WWF Attitude and WCW:
3s6q7h.jpg

ECW and ROH:
b9O0cm.jpg

NWA and TNA/Impact Wrestling:
IzBpnz.jpg

These are not all of the designs, I just thought I would give an idea of what's coming beyond the WWE names.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
I'm really digging the nameplates. This feels more and more like its own game everyday. I would love to learn as much as I can about this and help you out with this keson, but I still have a lot to learn. Some day tho I think I'll be able to get the hang of it :)

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Dude those name plates turned out bad ass. Good shit man. Not only do they look fantastic but I love how you can display wrestlers full names in there instead of the short alias.
:"":