Showdown 64

Rey

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hmm, Ninja said it successfully patched.

2XBPPZy.png

I just tried using Lunar too, said it successfully patched but same deal.

I'll keep trying.

BilkyBob

Midcard
Reaction score
I''ve noticed whenever Paige does her Special Grapple (front and back) she explodes into stretched looking textures and then ends up on the outside of the ring (most of the time) standing in the air. The great thing is that she can walk THROUGH the ropes and pin her opponent lol.
Also, I've patched the rom with the IPS patch (it was correct, I compared it to the unpatched version) and Hulk Hogan has some weird top of the head widow's peak going on. Randy Savage has some weird hair as well (I think this has already been addressed though).
I figured you probably already now about these hiccups but if ya didn't I'm just trying to help ya out anyway I can. Thanks again for an amazing mod. One of the, if not THE, best No Mercy mods out there.

Attachments:

T3x

Young Lion
Reaction score
First, amazing work on the mod.. I've been looking forward to the update for a while.. I have been playing 5.4 for some time now..

One question though, is it just me or is Matt Jacksons Strong grapple B+ down and Strong grapple B a glitched taunt?

Either way, a huge thank you to everyone that has worked on this mod, its fucking glorious..

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It seems that I might have put the wrong value in when I was editing his moveset. You can stop the taunts from happening by disabling the cheat "Showdown 64\Move Replacements\Matt Jackson\Irn Mods" in the cheat menu. I will try to fix the code so that it does what it is supposed to do for the next update.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Rey said:
Hmm, Ninja said it successfully patched.

[im]
I just tried using Lunar too, said it successfully patched but same deal.

I'll keep trying.
Do you have other Project64 directories ?
Because if yes, there's a possibility you're not using your patched rom but another (unpatched) one when playing with Showdown64, as your P64+Showdown64 may be actually looking for a different rom folder than you think.
There's the possibility you haven't put the patched rom in the folder P64 is looking for.

To be sure, in the P64 + Showdown64 click on File -> Choose Rom Directory and point it to the directory in which you have put the patched rom into

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I am working on fixing the arena specific attires that needed to be updated after adding Wolfpac_69's 30 arena menu. I am also working on using some of the unused textures included with Showdown to create some new arena specific attires codes for guys like Rey Mysterio, Kane, Undertaker, etc.

WWE Raw
MHTQVIW.png

WCW Saturday Night
sWjxHiG.png

WCW Uncensored
7D9uVWz.png

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
Even with the minor glitches, this latest save is just so spectacular it's crazy. I feel like a little kid when I'm playing it-- there's just SO MUCH here to be excited about! I've loved Showdown for a long time now, but 6.0 is really on another level. It's all the more impressive considering it's such a small group of dedicated guys who have contributed to this. Chuckie, thank you for your hard work. I'll continue to look fwd to any fixes you may bring. In the meantime... this... is... AWESOME.

That Rey Mysterio arena attire hack is an amazing idea and I continue to be endlessly stunned that these things are even possible.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Chuckle is the man. Period.

@Clarityman *cough cough* (The attire hacks are from one of my only good hacking ideas)

@Chuckie: If you need moveset modifiers for these arena specificbhacks, I can help in November. Also, a quick note: Is Goldberg in Nitro updated?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Goldberg in Nitro is not updated yet but it is on my to-do list. Right now, I am working on a few more codes for Mysterio's other unused attires in the Showdown texture folder.

And by the way, thanks for the original idea of having arena specific attires. Maybe as an idea for the future, we could eventually have attire specific special abilities. It could be similar to the code that I made a while ago that makes Hall and Nash interfere when the nWo Hogan attire is used. In addition, I might also be able to make certain attires for the Undertaker or Kane have Paul Bearer as their manager.

The Drifter

Opener
Reaction score
any one intrested having boxers and mma fighters in this
save following handerson vs bisping superfight in ufc 204
i have decided to work full time only on mma related stuff
no offence i am a big wrestling fan but my aim is ro take this save to a different level
so here is the plan showdownn 64 mma verson sounds good right
if any one is intrested plz pm me

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
I think the Goldberg WCW nitro code making him stronger was a great idea to simulate the "unbeatable" WCW run he had.

I believe some similar code for other wrestlers that have an "unbeatable" run for several years could benefit from such a thing, no idea how hard it can be as these kind of codes are way over my head but maybe in the future if someone can figure them out it could be a good addition to the gameplay.

The Undertaker in the Wrestlemania arenas would be a good idea to simulate his "unbeatable" long winning streak on it, would make sense to make him stronger on this arena so when you face the Undertaker AI on WM you really have a big challenge there.

André the Giant was supposed to have a 15 years undefeated before going against Hogan at WM3 (though it was for storyline purpose, in truth he had lost a few matches, but still won the heavy majority of them).
But i'm not sure what arena André the Giant should be made stronger.

Ric Flair with 16 to 25 world champion titles, is the most titled wrestler ever (with world champions belt i mean), maybe that should be reflected when taking on him in an specific arena, but again no idea which one it should be, maybe one day a NWA arena is made as by default you have set Ric Flair as the current NWA champion there

Faboulous Moolah had a very long champion reign with a couple of defeat in between (but keyfabe was undefeated for near 28 years), but no idea which arena she should be made stronger on.

Same with Bruno Sammartino, undefeated champion for 8 years too, i think that should be another candidate for such code, no idea for which arena unfortunately.

Steve "Dr Death" Williams went undefeated for 10 years , lost his streak when in ECW , maybe it could be made stronger there, so the player wanting to re-enact Williams loss of his record would have to work it a lot.

Hulk Hogan "Hulkamania" years after Rocky 3 is what actually put wrestling on the mass popularity map in the whole world, i think there should be a version of Hogan that is made stronger to simulate this giant push he had there, maybe the arena that gives him the classic eighties attire should be the one subject to making Hogan stronger.

I'm sure there are more of those "unbeatable" wrestler that could make it more fun to challenge them on a specific arena with this kind of code

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Chuckiepk said:
Goldberg in Nitro is not updated yet but it is on my to-do list. Right now, I am working on a few more codes for Mysterio's other unused attires in the Showdown texture folder.

And by the way, thanks for the original idea of having arena specific attires. Maybe as an idea for the future, we could eventually have attire specific special abilities. It could be similar to the code that I made a while ago that makes Hall and Nash interfere when the nWo Hogan attire is used. In addition, I might also be able to make certain attires for the Undertaker or Kane have Paul Bearer as their manager.
Attire specific abilities are already in a couple codes, actually. Hogan has a different moveset/taunts depending on where he is. In Japan, he can almost always get a KO with the axe bomber, etc.

It can go deeper, though. AI, abilities, moves, all sorts of things can be altered on more than just the attire and arena selected. I dabbled a bit last year with it and you can change theses parameters based on so many things, even on where in the ring/arena they are in.

Rivalries? Easily done. Context sensitive codes to unlock "achievements"? Doable.

We can really dig in deep , match specialties, etc....

Oh, and the Undertaker at wrestlemania is already in there, width wrote it years ago, it just needs updating.

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Alright, I have a question. I'd like to use some of the Macho Man attires that are in the texture files - is there a trick to that? I noticed attire 7 is the one he has in this version, even though he's the first wrestler in his slot of four - I have no idea how that works, but I'd much rather have him in his short trunks and stars gimmick.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just dump the original textures you want to replace and change the names.

It sounds weird at first, but it's super easy.

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks bro I'll give it a try.
Yes! After a few moments of fiddle faddling I got Macho back into his old outfit - thanks bro!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have been trying out different ideas that I had for updating the interface. Right now I have the wrestler select screen's background be a shot of the locker room. In addition, I have made it so that the TV changes depending on the stable that is selected at the moment. Should I keep it this way or just go back to the original Showdown background?

sTxMJEV.gif