VPW2 English Patch Beta 3

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
1st Version will be released tomorrow guys :)
Kapooya!

1st post updated :)

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
thanks for sharing man this is cool stuff hope to see more from you :)

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
This is awesome, its great being able to
-Input peoples/stadium names fully like No Mercy, and it keeping all the time throughout.
-To see the moves without previewing them. (so much time to save)
-Set up rules without gamefaqs.

I found a Swastika due to a text glitch in the results page though.
Apart from that, solid man.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Maximo said:
This is awesome, its great being able to
-Input peoples/stadium names fully like No Mercy, and it keeping all the time throughout.
-To see the moves without previewing them. (so much time to save)
-Set up rules without gamefaqs.

I found a Swastika due to a text glitch in the results page though.
Apart from that, solid man.
You got a screenshot of it?

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
80-MocBtiyl.jpg

The symbol names also happen due to using a renamed save from the non-translated version of the rom, its not a biggy though, takes a click on the default button to fix.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Ah, if you mean the symbols underneath the match timings, then I know about that. I haven't translated those yet. I should have also mentioned that it's best to use the patch fresh without any saves, otherwise you'll get the name issues.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
Damn Christmas came early thank you so much S.K. Stylez this is sooo incredible!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Is there anyone that is fluent in both Japanese and English? I need someone to translate some stuff. Google and the other translators suck big time.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
The only person I can think if is a member called Jazz. He has travelled to Japan before and believe he knows the language buddy. Sadly I've not seen him around too much these days. Send him a PM. Great work on this too.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I've renamed some taunts according with the in game wrestlers. I'll probably go back and do the same with some of the moves.
snap0005-1.jpg

In addition to renaming the taunts, I've decided to differentiate the hidden moves by giving them separate colours. The hidden moves from Revenge being Yellow, the hidden moves from WM2000 being Red and the other hidden moves being Green.
snap0003-1.jpg

snap0004-1.jpg

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
Awesome did not think this patch could get any better.It is truly amazing thanks again haven't stopped playing vpw2 since you released the patch.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I hope this leads to people to making more mods for this awesome game.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
2nd beta version out. It's not a major update in terms of the translations. Link in first post.

Changelog Beta 2:
- Changed the names of the hair options as it was wasn't displaying how they should have been in the Masks section.
- Renamed taunts and moves
- Hidden moves highlighted in different colours. Hidden WCW moves in yellow, Hidden WWF moves in red and other hidden moves in green
- Moves under the timer on the results screen have been translated
- Default colours of attires and masks in edit mode have been changed so they're more accurate (Not on the wrestlers themselves)

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I never really got into VPW2 because of the language so i wanted to apply your patch but everytime NINJA freezes and the patch doesn't apply. Could somebody help me or have any idea why it does that ?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
That's strange. I haven't had any issues applying any patches. You sure you're using ninja.exe right?

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I guess i do, it doesn't seem very complicated

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>from WldFb's topic</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>- Browse files (not folders) to select your patch/rup file
- Select your copy of the original ROM (this is the one that will become hacked)
- When selected click on 'Apply'[/quote]

I tryed on two different roms but none work :unsure:

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
baal666 said:
I guess i do, it doesn't seem very complicated

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>from WldFb's topic</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>- Browse files (not folders) to select your patch/rup file
- Select your copy of the original ROM (this is the one that will become hacked)
- When selected click on 'Apply'

I tryed on two different roms but none work :unsure: [/quote]Are you patching the right ROM? It needs to be an unbyteswapped ROM. You might be trying to patch a byteswapped version. If you open the ROM in a hex editor, an unbyteswapped version should start off with 8037 (which is what you need). If it's 3780, then it's a byteswapped ROM.

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
Badass yet again.

Just to let you know Punching Combination 02 (green) is unlocked with the WCW moves.

80-biwlVN9l.jpg

Apart from that, outstanding,