VPW2 English Patch Beta 3

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
baal666 said:
I never really got into VPW2 because of the language so i wanted to apply your patch but everytime NINJA freezes and the patch doesn't apply. Could somebody help me or have any idea why it does that ?
It freezes while it's patching just have to let it go untill it's done ;)

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I checked with an hex editor and found a rom that starts with 8037, it works fine now, thanks for the help.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Now if only someone figured out how to edit movesets this game might get even better.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Maximo said:
Badass yet again.

Just to let you know Punching Combination 02 (green) is unlocked with the WCW moves.

80-biwlVN9l.jpg

Apart from that, outstanding,
Thanks for that. I did have some concerns about that move. For me when I entered the code to show just the moves from Revenge, it wasn't showing up in Edit mode. Anyway, I've updated it and the link's been updated in the 1st post.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
So once you patch the rom, it is patched for good or do you need to do this every time you restart? If so, could somebody just upload the patched version for us to download and play?

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
So once you patch the rom, it is patched for good or do you need to do this every time you restart? If so, could somebody just upload the patched version for us to download and play?
Only need to patch it one time, and it will stay.
I would upload a patched rom,
But piracy is bad m'kay?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I was playing around VPW2 today and imported a few moves from No Mercy to see how they'd turn out. I say they turned out perfect, and I also found quite a few values that weren't being used. Wouldn't it be godly if I were to include some moves from No Mercy into the patch? :D

snap0014.jpg

snap0012-1.jpg

snap0013.jpg

snap0015.jpg

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Never attempted it, I didn't even know it was a possibility to import it from No Mercy to older games the same way.

What are the move hacking possibilities? Could a hacked move be imported in VPW this way, as well, or am I waaaaay off?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It's the same engine. If you're able to import moves directly from older games to No Mercy, it makes sense that you can import them into older games.

As for move hacks, it's possible, but it means that you need to select the frames you want from each move and paste them together. It's a pain, but possible.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
Holy hell this topic just keeps getting more badass.
Similar to what cbv was asking about VPW I was wondering if a english patch can be applied to it too.
The roster is huge on that game and so much more stuff that world tour lost out on.I was looking into modding it the half face mirror textures some are actually decent surprisingly.The body textures are really bad though.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Just an update on the patch. A member on the board called smartspark has offered to help with the translations. The translations that show what's been unlocked have been completed. I've also added a bit on to the sections where you unlock moves from Revenge and WM2000
snap0022.jpg

snap0023.jpg

snap0025.jpg

snap0026.jpg

snap0027.jpg

snap0029.jpg

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
This is bloody fantastic. Excellent job on this!

Q - I edited everything a few years ago for the wrestlers to have their real attires + names. Will all I have to do is default the names?

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
Yep, it makes names longer too, which is great for CAWs as well.

If you changed the dialogue of the Mic Appeals though, you will have to rewrite them again.

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Maximo said:
Yep, it makes names longer too, which is great for CAWs as well.

If you changed the dialogue of the Mic Appeals though, you will have to rewrite them again.
Excellent! Thanks for that!

All I did was Re-name everyone into english and re-costume all the "fake" people.

Lets get defaulting!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I tried patching my rom a few days ago and failed. I will try again pretty soon since I want to enjoy this great work, hopefully I can get it this time!

Reaction score
Wow, this is great!!! Just working on additional attires for this game at the moment.
Funny you mentioned about the translations, S.K. Stylez, because I just downloaded the files from the other thread. My wife is Japanese but her translations skills are rough, but she does have a friend back home that can translate so I was going to check with her. Happy you found someone to help.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
That would be good. I'd say the more help we get with the translations, the merrier. :)

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
I have a really dumb question here: is your patch compatible with the other VPW2 hi-res mod I've been using? Or is it compatible with hi res textures in general, or does it have to be used by itself?