VPW2 English Patch Beta 3

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
The wrestlers will have the correct names if you start a brand new save file. It won't rename any wrestlers or promotions if you use an existing save file.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I downloaded a brand new vpw2 rom to do this. Does the whole emulator have to be brand new too since I had played VPW2 before on this emulator it may have had previous data. Is there a way to delete something to start over, like the .fla file in No Mercy for example which keeps all the changes in the game?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
You'll need to delete the .sra (ÊÞ°Á¬Ù ÌßÛÚ½ 2.sra) file in the Save folder and start fresh from there. It's because you have the previous save data loaded that you're not getting the correct names.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I just deleted it and it made the game go super slow and with no sound. Lucky I saved the old one and put it back in. I will try again later, did anyone else have this problem?

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
If I use beta 3 with rom instead of the old beta 2 I had will my caws and game data be affected in any way?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It shouldn't be affected if you've used a previous version of the patch. The only thing is that the Mic Appeals won't be translated.

Gotham

Young Lion
Reaction score
So I've not grabbed this yet, is there still the issue of certain gameshark codes not working with the patch? The idea of new moves and move replacements has me super excited.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Most codes will work. The only code I found didn't work properly was the handicap match code, which is an activator issue.

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
The handicap code wasn't even that good anyway, and I'm the one who created it.

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Awwwwww S.K. is being cute.

/But honestly it wasn't bad. Don't be so hard on yourself xD
/and also S.K. is becoming one of my fav members here now cuz of the simple stuff like that ^^^ (and bigger things like this entire thread)

S

sibarraz

Crowd Member
I can't patch the rom with ninja, when I run the exe, ninja can't find the vp2 rom.

Don't know what to do

S

sibarraz

Crowd Member
my rom is n64, and it seems that ninja only works with v64 and z64, can I just change the file extension and patch it over there? or I had to find a v64/z64 rom?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It won't work by just renaming the file. The bytes are swapped in a .n64 ROM. You'll need to find a hex editor that will swap bytes around. I think Hex Workshop has the function.