VPW2 English Patch Beta 3

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
If you had any menu translations, then it will do. But in terms of wrestler textures and other bits, it shouldn't really have an effect on it.

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks! so I'll download this patch and play with it - thanks for the hard work you guys put into these things.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
We just try to make it more enjoyable/easier for people to play. I know that most people were put off VPW2 because it was in Japanese.

super_joker

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
who ever was put off is a fool!

the game is the same layout as WM2000 and its not like its "HEY LETS READ JAPANESE 64!" its real 'rasslin damnit!

But yes the problem was the CAW moves, my Stone Cold had a dropkick and moonsault for a long time, until this came out!!

So thank you SK Stylez, there is a special place in Puroresu Nirvana reserved for you. #YouHaveTheCodesOfAnAngel

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
I think the problem is you couldn't see the benefits of it straight away, you had to filter through all the menu's to get to the stuff that makes in unique compared to No Mercy and WM2000.

And the people who did see the benefits of it have been frustrated that we haven't found away of making moveset replacements without making 5 times the amount of code No Mercy needs.

I'll leave it at that otherwise I will ramble.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Speaking of moveset replacements. I was able to replace a shoot fighter's moveset with a normal wrestler's moveset. The only problem is that the way to do it is basically the same way that I have been able to make this patch. It needs to be imported using the tool i'm using called "offsetter". Shoot Fighters basically have shorter movesets than normal wrestlers. I was able to give Naoya Ogawa, Jun Akiyama's moveset, and there were no issues whatsoever. So in terms of creating saves, it's possible to replace all the shoot fighters with normal wrestlers, but it needs to be done with ROM hacking and using that tool "offsetter". I'll write up a guide on how to do it if anyone is interested.

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
Yes, Definitely.

If we can make a save for it with purely American wrestlers, I think we could get a fair few people on board.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Cool, i'll get to work on it....after I finish having a match with André the Giant who is now a Shoot Fighter lol.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Can you replace in-game wrestlers movesets with those from a caw? That would make making saves a lot easier. Make one of the MMA guys into Stone Cold for example.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
With Gameshark Codes, no. With ROM hacking, yes. If you were to make the CAW with the moveset and AI/Fight Style/Parameters you want, then you can import them over current in game wrestlers.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
That sounds good for anyone who may want to make a save out of this. I supposse sound hacking is impossible right? Like replacing Japanese call names with American guys like Stone Cold or HBK instead?

Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Dec 23 2014, 03:59:57 PM</dd></dl><div>Speaking of moveset replacements. I was able to replace a shoot fighter's moveset with a normal wrestler's moveset. The only problem is that the way to do it is basically the same way that I have been able to make this patch. It needs to be imported using the tool i'm using called "offsetter". Shoot Fighters basically have shorter movesets than normal wrestlers. I was able to give Naoya Ogawa, Jun Akiyama's moveset, and there were no issues whatsoever. So in terms of creating saves, it's possible to replace all the shoot fighters with normal wrestlers, but it needs to be done with ROM hacking and using that tool "offsetter". I'll write up a guide on how to do it if anyone is interested.[/quote]This is awesome! Naoya and Minoru Suzuki are both guys that need wrestling moves instead of shoot fighter moves. Don Frye could use wrestling moves as well! Very good news! I would prefer to get rid of all the shoot fighters if I could and replace them with wrestlers. :eek:k:

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
Why all the hate for the MMA guys?
*puts in false teeth and picks up his walking stick, then gets out of chair on front porch*
These damn Puro/Pro kids *shakes fist* only wanting their hoppy doppy wrestling,
What ever happened to kids being happy with 5 grapple moves, one from the back moves and the rest of them brawling?

But yeah...as a Pancrase/Rings/Pride fan...BattlArts not so much....it feels weird people not wanting the different game-play style.

It's going to be dope making WAR complete though, so many good Gaijins,
Jericho vs Lance Storm vs Ultimo Dragon,
Genichiro Tenryu vs Bam Bam Bigelow
Hell Glen Jacobs with a Hybrid style is always fun for me.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
How long does it take to patch this rom? I've tried it now 3 times and it seems to take forever and finally freezes on me. I seem to get a message saying "error: supplied rom file does not appear to be N64 rom."

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Are you patching an unmodified .z64 ROM? If you are then you shouldn't have any problems. With the freezing, it may freeze for a few minutes whilst it's patching the ROM. It's perfectly normal.

And Maximo, just make everyone MMA fighters if you want lol

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Right off the bat when I go into "search file" the rom doesn't show up. I have to select show all files so it comes up. Then I have both a zipped rom and an unzipped rom to choose from. I've followed the guide step by step but it just hasn't worked for me.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Could you post some screens of the issue? If it's a z64 file, it should show up. That's a bit confusing.

You did select the .rup file in the first screen, then click on "Browse File" then choose the ROM, right?

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah. On the first page I downloaded the file called
"virtual pro wrestling 2 english beta 2.rup". I got this almost immediately:

32zq7bb.jpg

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
OK, I think I know what the problem is. You've opened up "creator.exe". You need to open "ninja.exe". It looks like you're trying to create a patch as you have an error about creating a patch there. You need to follow the 2nd part of the guide where it says applying patches.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
That was it right there, I finally patched it. None of the wrestlers are renamed though, but that's something I can do myself. Thanks!