VPW2 English Patch Beta 3

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Hey Styles mate I think we should get AJ Styles and Kenny Omega on this thing and do some online stuff. Would it be possible to play this online with the patch? Imagine online competitions with these guys.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It would be awesome if we could get them to play it. As for playing it online, i'm not sure, I haven't really tried to play it online.

treefrog

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I used the ninja patcher with a .z64 rom said patch was complete so no problems there. Deleted the sra save. Porblem is when I start the game it is fine till I push button "A" or start which freezes the game. Anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Edit: I didn't notice that the patch doesn't work with PJ1.6. I tried in PJ2.1 and it worked fine. Duh for me.

If anyone else has troubles here's a quick sum up of possible mistakes.

-don't try to patch the zip file, extract the file and patch the file inside the resulting folder ( I did this at first)

-Use Ninja not Creator. (the patch is already made you are only applying it) (I managed to not make this mistake)

Side note that know one cares about. Love the translation but I miss using the mod with the better graphics. I'll slowly dump and rename some myself with the 1.6 textures even if they don't look perfect on 2.1.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update. I'm just awaiting on a few more translations and I just need to add them into the game. It's taking longer than expected due to trying to get the text to fit the screen correctly.

I also wanted to correct the appearances of the unlicensed wrestlers too, but it's a big pain in the ass to find out where in the ROM it's located. The values the game uses for the appearances do not seem to be in any of the extracted and decompressed files.

O

Omac14

Crowd Member
Can anyone plz upload a patched save? I've tried million of times and i just can't hack any z.64 or v.64 rom

Geng Star

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Omac14 said:
Can anyone plz upload a patched save? I've tried million of times and i just can't hack any z.64 or v.64 rom
Check your PM.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
Afraid that is against the rules Omac14 can not host roms.
S.K. Stylez looking forward to the update.

O

Omac14

Crowd Member
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Geng Star</dt><dd>Mar 12 2015, 04:38:46 AM</dd></dl><div>
Omac14 said:
Check your PM.[/quote]Wow thanks man!

M

marvizzle

Crowd Member
Omac14 said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Geng Star</dt><dd>Mar 12 2015, 04:38:46 AM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Wow thanks man![/quote]Same here. Would be much appreciated!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It's not hard to patch. Everything you need is in the first post.

M

msm

Crowd Member
marvizzle said:
Omac14 said:
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Same here. Would be much appreciated!
Could I also piggyback on this request please? I don't have Windows to run the patch, tried it using a Windows VM under Virtualbox but Ninja was crashing when I tried to run it. Thanks for any help.

The work done on this looks great, No Mercy was awesome back in the day, havent played a wrestling game for years and would love to check out Virtual Pro

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No, for the last time we cannot host roms here, please stop asking.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's not hard if you follow the instructions posted on how to patch, although even those are a bit confusing in one of the steps. I myself got it to patch with the second update, and probably won't try to patch it with version 3. I'm happy where it's at right now.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Hey everyone....I'm afraid I've got some bad news...my hard drive got corrupted and I've lost my source files for the patch and everything else :(

GameGenie720

Young Lion
Reaction score
I really do hope he was just fooling around :\ ..if so... Can we have a update on your progress? 😁

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
A bit slow at the moment. I've been busy with other things and haven't had much time to work on this recently.

GameGenie720

Young Lion
Reaction score
It's all good man, take yur time. I've still been enjoying the hell out of beta 3.