WCW Mayhem - SLX's Content contributions topic

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Not yet but I'm working on it. Code incompatibilties, since i'm trying to use something different on this. So many things to juggle right now, getting it in-game is not a huge priority. Theres several other arenas to do and also an interface to finish. I just need feedback on the current product. If there are any flaws or problems, i need people to point them out, or approve of it before moving on. I don't mind people inputting "thats innacurate" or "change the lights to another color" lol.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Anyone can tell that crowd is TOTALLY inaccurate. Those are NEW YORK fans. Did you really think we wouldn't notice?!?!?!

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Finally in the game!

Y0GhaWE.png

aUp7BCs.png

rIQIHZa.png

JD7gq0i.jpg

JHg7hSG.jpg

Please point out any bugs i may have missed, and let me know if you dislike anything about the stage. I'd like to get it fixed before release, because once it's done, i'm not going back on it.

KD Jackson.

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Oh MY!!! Fantastic work! I can't say anything more than that, its a hit! Love you SLX, brother.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Dbs64 mentioned that he didn't like the stage being angled, instead of the normal photoshopped way of doing them straight (as most stages are).

Now keep in mind that throughout Nitro's history that more often than not, had stages at crooked angles, which freed more floor space for the announce booth on the opposite side, as well as an entry curtain . I did my arena backwards, with the stage off to the right side, and the announce booth in front. I did this because the angle of the stage looks more believable at this angle, especially since the ramp is painted on.

Does anyone have a problem with the ramp at this angle? I guess I could consider rendering it again, but I did a lot of post work in photoshop and this would take a lot of time. I've been posting less frequently the last few days because of this. But if it is that big of a deal, i could change it, but Thunder is also angled like this.

My personal preference is angled arenas. Since we are used to flat, straight ahead ones i think they give a different air of believability. Not to mention, straight ahead ramps that are painted on look kinda fake up close. At least this one is passable.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
The thought had crossed my mind, but the way I had ALL nitro arenas planned was to replace RAW, and you would change out the textures. But Nitro Classic gives me a bit more of a problem, because it has an nWo variant that would be relevant and people might want to play both.

Because Thunder began to air much later after nWo Nitro was cancelled, I thought it might be nice to let people pick from texture packs for those shows. I also have several ppv events to work on, so I thought that nWo Nitro might replace one of those, likely replacing one of the 'hidden' arenas, like Backlash or Armageddon.

You guys have your say in what we go for, what do you suggest?

dbs64

Midcard
Reaction score
I just want to say that your work is much anticipated and appreciated, you're giving this game new life and your dedication for authenticity is also much appreciated I look forward to more previews

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate your supoort. And I mean that to all of you. Keep the comments coming, your opinions and requests are appreciated!

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think we need some button activator for arenas so variants would be possible without dlc

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
I think that would be a brilliant idea, but it's MUCH easier on me to simply replace textures. This would require using more texture values and converting the code with new values if I'm not mistaken. I would prefer someone be outsourced to do that, I don't have time. If more work gets thrown at me than i've already taken on, this will never get done.