WWF Legends 2.1

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Iccotracs said:
Putting the word out re: a solution to our PJ64 conundrum. Doing some great work on crafting a new and much improved Legends mod and we've hit a bit of a snag here. If you'd like to help or know an avenue we can take to get there, please let us know!
Don't know anything about programming but I think I can help troubleshooting. Besides having to set it to admin, and Windows 7 compatibility, I never ran into many issues using Mudlord Rice 6.1.4 and Project 64 2.1, which in my view is the best version of Project 64 all around for now. Any chance for some more info or screenshots on the inconsistency you guys are running into?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
2.1 is the version out of all the 2.x versions I settled on after some long nights of testing. Rice 6.1.4 is also the version we use.
We now know that the Plugins aren't the problem as other modders use the same Plugins as us on 2.1 and don't encounter problems.

The glitches are hard to pinpoint as they aren't consistent and it generally does run "ok" as emulators go when running mods. Freezing or crashing are main culprits.
I have considered that perhaps the emulator doesn't like the rom / cheats etc.
But this then makes me realise that 1.6 has no problem with any of it, just grabs the mod by the balls and runs it without issue. Another reason to try and stick with 1.6.

The idea was that because we can run Legends on 1.6 without any issue, the better solution would be to find someone who could potentially remove the Cheat Limit. Problem solved if so.

In the meantime, we can continue to look for the best setup on 2.1.

Here is the setup I find is most stable, which isn't too dissimilar from the default setup. Perhaps you can see something that could use a tweak.

I find that Register caching causes a number of random errors and Protect memory must be off for all of the Cheats and Textures to work.

R260nzC.jpg

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Orson said:
2.1 is the version out of all the 2.x versions I settled on after some long nights of testing. Rice 6.1.4 is also the version we use.
We now know that the Plugins aren't the problem as other modders use the same Plugins as us on 2.1 and don't encounter problems.

The glitches are hard to pinpoint as they aren't consistent and it generally does run "ok" as emulators go when running mods. Freezing or crashing are main culprits.
I have considered that perhaps the emulator doesn't like the rom / cheats etc.
But this then makes me realise that 1.6 has no problem with any of it, just grabs the mod by the balls and runs it without issue. Another reason to try and stick with 1.6.

The idea was that because we can run Legends on 1.6 without any issue, the better solution would be to find someone who could potentially remove the Cheat Limit. Problem solved if so.

In the meantime, we can continue to look for the best setup on 2.1.

Here is the setup I find is most stable, which isn't too dissimilar from the default setup. Perhaps you can see something that could use a tweak.

I find that Register caching causes a number of random errors and Protect memory must be off for all of the Cheats and Textures to work.
Your configuration does look the same for the most part, save for some little differences that I doubt are causing all this. Question, any chance you could download one of the installers on the main page and play a bit with the saves, even just watch CPU matches if you want, to see if you run into any similar issues with my copy/configs of 2.1?

Also, what's your Windows version?

JD Power

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm new and trying to set up legends on 1.6 and haven't been able to get it to run yet. Is there an installation guide available?

JD Power

Young Lion
Reaction score
JD Power said:
Hey folks,

I'm new and trying to set up legends on 1.6 and haven't been able to get it to run yet. Is there an installation guide available?

nvm guys. I found the instructions included with the files downloaded. got everything working great.

kyle1974

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
That's great.

What do you want to ask?

Thank you Orson (sorry for delay in replying)

So when I was looking at getting the modded version of No Mercy (which is amazing by the way and I haven't stopped playing!), there was a match on YouTube which I am sure used this version of the game and it was a Natural Disasters v Road Warriors match but I can't see them on the select screen, have I just seen a different version?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
It's likely you saw a recent video featuring the Placeholders I made.
They can be found at the AKI Live forum.

Be aware, you need to know how to import wrestlers and create your own movesets etc. though.

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
I followed the pictures and provided info and was able to get it working.. and.... its unreal!.. you guys did a crazy good job with this.. I dont want to say its perfect but... its perfect.. I mean there's still glitches and some funky stuff once in a while but this is F$%^ING perfect!...  more wrestlers would always be appreciated but the ones included are the mains and they look stunning.. The menus and the music, the modes, the move sets and the wrestlers.. I'm pumped every time I fire it up lol

I LOVED these games back in the day, me and all my friends would play them all weekend and after school.. great times.. We were the made to order marks for this stuff.. 13-18 right smack dab in the Monday Night wars... man we would have played this sucker like crazy!

Anyway.. great job guys.. I have some questions about set up I may have got wrong but right now I'm too busy kicking butt with Jake the Snake!...

Just outstanding work and effort boys.. freaking unreal!

lee1302

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
[size=xx-large][size=xx-large][size=xx-large]WWF Legends 2.1[/size][/size][/size]WWF Legends 2.1 - Base GameWWF Legends 2.1 - TexturesWWF Legends 2.1 - Music & CommentariesWWF Legends 2.1 - Help Files

Have fun.

Read the "Help Files" if you are having problems and please report of any bodges, glitches or of anything that appears to be missing.

Edit: Updated cheat and save file: -

WWF Legends 2.1 - Updated Cheat File

The cheat file contains a few fixes, updates and extra codes.

Oh, Also....

Brutus Beefcake Attire 2 Entrance Attire

:B-)

thank you!!!

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
I am doing a championship run with JTS and I just got a cage match with King Kaku and it froze right when the match was going to start.. i restarted and loaded and the match started up and the cage was there everything was good.. then either I quit out or it froze again.. or maybe I changed a setting I'm not sure (it was like 4am so I dont remember) but anyway now the cage dosn't show up at all.. when i go to cage match it shows up fine but now in this match it wont.. any ideas?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Are you playing the Championship Story Mode?

If so, this isn't working at present. Because of the codes used, the Story Mode does crash in many places.

This is something we are hoping to fix for the next release.

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
Are you playing the Championship Story Mode?

If so, this isn't working at present. Because of the codes used, the Story Mode does crash in many places.

This is something we are hoping to fix for the next release.

Yeah I am, it seems to work as far as making matches and what not.. it's a little glitchy but its still fun! I would love to see more of anything you guys add I'm sure it will be cool!.. Exploding Honky Tonk GEEEtar maybe?

yeahbaby!

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm finding this crashing very, very frequently. Is anyone else?

I've tried starting the program as an admin etc.

Could having browsers etc open be an issue?

BTW I am finding the same actually with Showdown 64....

Can anyone help?

Davo

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I know that some of the issues were caused by the Randy Savage Hair codes.

Savage was updated and can be found in the Placeholders thread at AKI Live.

As for other issues, you would have to make a note of the details of the crash for us to try and help... what happens / when / who / move performing / arena etc.

yeahbaby!

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
I know that some of the issues were caused by the Randy Savage Hair codes.

Savage was updated and can be found in the Placeholders thread at AKI Live.

As for other issues, you would have to make a note of the details of the crash for us to try and help... what happens / when / who / move performing / arena etc.

Thanks for coming back man you're a legend.

It doesn't seem to be any Savage specific thing but I'll check that out.

I'll make note next time but haven't noticed anything in particular. Are there any particular arenas you don't use or wrestlers etc? The last time I played a couple of times it was 10-20 seconds in then a few minutes another time.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
No, all (finished) wrestlers and all arenas are usable.

It could be particular move hacks or other codes causing your issues.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
No surprises with the result there.
Piper very rarely did a job for anyone during the WWF Golden Era; the most notable being for Bret at Wrestlemania 8.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Glad you guys liked it man,  here's another one for you guys (Hogan made me work for it lol) :