WWF Legends 2.1

metylerca

Young Lion
Reaction score
Finally getting this to work in 2.1 and the back of the head glitch is occurring. I am using the non mirrored ROM that came with the base game and the Rice plugin 6.1.1, and everything seems to load fine except for the back of many character's heads. In some cases, like Roddy Piper, his ear is on the back of his head, but for like Bret, his entire back of head is pink. Any suggestions?

I run in 1.6 also, but find the game crashes too often, especially in full screen mode.

That said, thank you so much for this!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Don't use the patched rom. You kind of answered your own question, heh.

metylerca

Young Lion
Reaction score
BABEBACA said:
Don't use the patched rom. You kind of answered your own question, heh.
Lol I didn't think to try this.

I did just now and nothing changed unfortunately. :/

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
You're still using the wrong rom, that's why the head textures are not mirrored. Use a default No Mercy rom. You may need a fresh install, but shouldn't.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Any idea as to why when I do a cage match, the cage looks like this?

EaokBRk.png

metylerca

Young Lion
Reaction score
ceemobile said:
I've downloaded and played this it's awesome, makes me want to contribute to the modding.

I'm currently looking into figuring how to get the computer to autoload the music tool and do the offset calculation by itself by editing the settings ini. This seems like a painful undertaking. Another way to possibly remedy this is to somehow get my PC to not change the 9AD6 address so the settings ini file offset never has to change.

[UPDATE]: For now I will leave the PC running to deal with this issue

I have one other thing i'm trying to fix and I think it's either a Project 64 1.6 issue or a bug when running the music mod because it only happens if I load the Music Tool. When I load the Music Tool and go full screen the full screen gets locked in and can't close Project 64. Even when i try to close it in task manager it's locked in. Tried to F12 and ALT+F4 to no avail. The only way I was able to close it is to restart my PC.

[UPDATE]: Found the fix to the full screen issue. I was going to full screen from the Project 64 menus. If I go to full screen with the ESC command I can use the ESC command to get out of full screen.

If I find better fixes i'll update. If anyone else has a fix I would greatly appreciate any input.

WIN 10
NVidia 960
Intel i7100
I've had similar issues with full screen. I am on Mac, but use a Windows 8.1 Bootcamp interface. I HDMI to my television and find that I can only play this game without routine freezing or crashing in windowed mode. When I full screen, it automatically goes into widescreen, which I imagine messes with the textures or rice graphics plugins.

When I do attempt to pull up Task Manager, I am unable to click it because PJ64 1.6 is perpetually pulled to the front and nothing else is selectable. My fix is just to never go into full screen, so if there is a crash, the program would actually let me close it. I will try the esc key method later, it sounds promising though. I'll also set my full screen resolution lower, maybe that might make a difference as well.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
metylerca said:
ceemobile said:
I've downloaded and played this it's awesome, makes me want to contribute to the modding.

I'm currently looking into figuring how to get the computer to autoload the music tool and do the offset calculation by itself by editing the settings ini. This seems like a painful undertaking. Another way to possibly remedy this is to somehow get my PC to not change the 9AD6 address so the settings ini file offset never has to change.

[UPDATE]: For now I will leave the PC running to deal with this issue

I have one other thing i'm trying to fix and I think it's either a Project 64 1.6 issue or a bug when running the music mod because it only happens if I load the Music Tool. When I load the Music Tool and go full screen the full screen gets locked in and can't close Project 64. Even when i try to close it in task manager it's locked in. Tried to F12 and ALT+F4 to no avail. The only way I was able to close it is to restart my PC.

[UPDATE]: Found the fix to the full screen issue. I was going to full screen from the Project 64 menus. If I go to full screen with the ESC command I can use the ESC command to get out of full screen.

If I find better fixes i'll update. If anyone else has a fix I would greatly appreciate any input.

WIN 10
NVidia 960
Intel i7100
I've had similar issues with full screen. I am on Mac, but use a Windows 8.1 Bootcamp interface. I HDMI to my television and find that I can only play this game without routine freezing or crashing in windowed mode. When I full screen, it automatically goes into widescreen, which I imagine messes with the textures or rice graphics plugins.

When I do attempt to pull up Task Manager, I am unable to click it because PJ64 1.6 is perpetually pulled to the front and nothing else is selectable. My fix is just to never go into full screen, so if there is a crash, the program would actually let me close it. I will try the esc key method later, it sounds promising though. I'll also set my full screen resolution lower, maybe that might make a difference as well.
Would you please knock it off posting about emulation troubleshooting and derailing this thread that is meant to be for discussing the save itself? Thank you.
TJPunk said:

EaokBRk.png
Probably a code that's not activated? looks like the default mapping of the cage using the texture of a hacked cage

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>The NekoMancer</dt><dd>Apr 12 2018, 09:01:54 PM</dd></dl><div>
TJPunk said:

EaokBRk.png
Probably a code that's not activated? looks like the default mapping of the cage using the texture of a hacked cage[/quote]That's the odd part. I'm using the most updated .cht file in the to post with all of the codes activated. Could it be because I'm using the newest version of Project 64?

I've also noticed a new problem: Every match with André the Giant locks up and freezes my game as soon as the bell rings. No matter what arena or opponent.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
All of the cheats were selected. I hadn’t messed with that at all.

I think I’ve narrowed down the problem. I loaded up the game in an older version of Project 64 (1.6), and André worked and the cage worked, so it had to be something weird with using the latest Project 64 (2.3).

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
ALL the cheats were selected? I don't think you are supposed to do that.

The version of PJ 64 shouldn't be an issue, honestly. They are both reading the same memory. Strange.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Nothing, I thought you meant EVERYTHING (editing cheats, ect), I haven't loaded up Legends in a while so I forgot that they had a one-click cheat file.

Yep. must have been 1.6. Weird. Very curious.

Kjrumble90

Young Lion
Reaction score
Is there a way to bring the hidden wrestlers into the game so you can over write them with better versions? I thought unchecking the hidden cheats for each one would work but they don't appear in the game still.
Anyone know how to do it?