AKI Evolution

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I love this game but it was out of surprises for me, even when it came to a lot of newer projects. This isn't to say that anything coming out isn't fucking awesome (some of the best No Mercy stuff in YEARS is available right now, it's unreal), I just wanted to have something more than new textures and movesets.

Showdown was cool but flawed, HORRIBLY flawed. It was going to take too much time to fix it. When I started messing around with different parameters and new ideas towards version 5.5, I realized I was in trouble and had created a tumor of sorts because it just kept growing without any treatment to it's fundamental problems.

I was a lot further along with coding to realize I couldn't apply it to Showdown unless I wanted to backtrack 200+ wrestlers.

I stepped away a while. I actually got pretty deep into other modding communities and I found that all my favorite mods (Brutal Doom, Survival mods for Skyrim) all added new gameplay features that made playing the game fresh, again.

I wanted to something like that for No Mercy, make it feel different while not straying too far from the source, but giving it enough updates to feel like it could be a sequel.

We have a LOT of good people working on this. I'm humbled by people's enthusiasm for the project.

I'm not saying we're going to change AKI games, I'm just hoping it feels different to play.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Jan 1 2018, 03:12:35 AM</dd></dl><div>some of the best No Mercy stuff in YEARS is available right now, it's unreal[/quote]What have we not seen thus far?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
hulkster said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Jan 1 2018, 03:12:35 AM</dd></dl><div>some of the best No Mercy stuff in YEARS is available right now, it's unreal
What have we not seen thus far?[/quote]I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean what awesome stuff in No Mercy was I referring to?

There's NJPW by Barskio, homehomy and Tyler black, there's Smackdown vs Raw by Barskio, randymanfoo's No mercy overhaul, Feel the Bang is near release and Mayhem still holds up. dbs64 and Wolfpac have done great shit. I've even heard that a new WWE hi-resolution project is nearing completion.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Jan 8 2018, 05:18:14 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean what awesome stuff in No Mercy was I referring to?

There's NJPW by Barskio, homehomy and Tyler black, there's Smackdown vs Raw by Barskio, randymanfoo's No mercy overhaul, Feel the Bang is near release and Mayhem still holds up. dbs64 and Wolfpac have done great shit. I've even heard that a new WWE hi-resolution project is nearing completion.

[/quote]
I believe he was talking about AKI Evolution specifically.

hulkster said:
What have we not seen thus far?
If it's not here, then it's probably not meant to be seen by the public yet. ; )

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Well, there's plenty we could preview, and if someone on the team feels like showing something they made I won't stop them.

I can't preview much because I'm mostly focusing on hacking/code building. Not really textures and stuff.

Just for fun:

wENGavc.gif

Same move, but sold two different ways. B)

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
You mean you can have specific selling tied to specific character , or is it tied to specific match up ?

Lol at the memories of Michaels overselling Hogan offense in their summerslam 2005 match.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Fizanko said:
You mean you can have specific selling tied to specific character , or is it tied to specific match up ?
Yes for both.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I love that idea of specific sellings.
I hope there will be an exagerated Stunner selling when performed on The Rock.

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Jan 9 2018, 09:52:07 PM</dd></dl><div>
wENGavc.gif

Same move, but sold two different ways. B)

[/quote]Specific sells for specific wrestlers/situations is a genius idea. I love all the little touches that have been showcased so far. The idea of a save having a load of surprises hidden within really excites me.

I second the idea of Rock overselling the Stunner, that would be hilarious. I'd like to see the Flair Flop as well, cos who doesn't love a good old-fashioned Flair Flop? :p

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Already have a hack of the Stunner for Rock made by randymanfoo. ;)

So yeah, it's in there.

All these little details are the reason why it's taking so long I barely finished 3 moveset bases when I learned new stuff and had to backtrack in order to keep the quality consistent.

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
Good quality requires time and effort. Take as long as you and the rest of your team need. If we get some previews to tide us over until release well, that'd be a nice bonus (as long as you don't reveal everything you've got up your sleeves, but I don't think that'll be a problem somehow ;)

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
never underestimate the power of a simple screenshot to make people happy.

After all wrestling is an odd activity in which something like some random guy shaking his head is enough to make a -very- lot of people very loudly happy :D
So modding a wrestling game can easily please the fans by just a simple picture from time to time :)

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
My God, this is awesome. I've been sidelined with the flu all week - seeing these screenshots just made me feel a million times better.

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Jan 12 2018, 08:34:40 PM</dd></dl><div>
643vGBK.gif

[/quote]That's brilliant. He even pushes off the canvas with his hands like he does in real life

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
Thank for the update roster selection list in the game. I hated the ShowDown version when selecting a charatcher. This one rocks!

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
The selling difference and the interface are awesome.
Amazing work !

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
Off Topic but are you able to use the famous n64 wide screen hack? what about improved draw distance hack?

These questions are have nothing to do with the game itself but i saw a new n64 mod video from a different community.

Here are two videos. I am amazed on what online communities can do for certain games.

video 1 -

video 2 -

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
1: If it's off topic, don't post it in this topic.

2: The widescreen hack is part of the emu, not any particular rom. It's in the emulator settings.

Please don't derail this thread any further. Start a new topic for things that are not related to this topic.