AKI Evolution

The Drifter

Opener
Reaction score
Damn it there is no way that the workers of this project must be humans they are god damn aliens
How did you guys managed to pull out these stuff from an generation old game?????

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Another fun example of "dynamic movesets", when Eddie is enhanced, he'll have three different powerbomb pins.

However, the pins will all share the same slot (strong B down). This allows variety in the same move without taking up extra slots.

The moves appear in succession, powerbomb pin 01/02/03. I did this to give the move a sense of desperation.

htE0pzc.gif

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
That's brillant.

Is there a limit to this kind of multi-move into a single slot ?
I mean you used 3 for one , can you go higher, much higher than 3 for a single slot ?
And if you can do that in all slots, does this mean it is technically possible to have a wrestler that can use every moves available in the game ?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It depends, I have run into problems with repeating moves past the 3 move mark. Though moves that aren't repeating I seem to be able to stack as much as I want.

edit: I was incorrect, three is the magic number (for now) for stacking moves. Which is fine. It still leaves a lot of fun possibilities.

BOHZL2Y.gif
ZucTcAf.gif

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Thanks homie, now we don't have to pick and choose which Eddie ducking taunt we want to use!

:B-)

3lVavtV.gif

christobassabu

Young Lion
Reaction score
yanno it's funny, i was playing sd64 and wondering if this move stacking thing would be possible. having the same couple of moves gets kind of old sometimes. turns out you're way ahead of me on that idea - not that i could do what you're doing. i really like your approach with making the move more desperate as he repeats it. i am already so hype for this save lol.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Funny you mention that. In my 5.6 release of Showdown a few years back I actually debuted these hacks. These types of moveset hacks have been festering in my brain for quite some time. Not too many people seemed to take notice back then, though.

However, the moves depended on button activators in order to work.

This was a problem for me, as I wanted the computer to also use the new moves, but with button activators it simply wasn't possible. My new system will have the CPU using the new moves, as well.

emPsrQw.gif
Edenz6V.gif

christobassabu

Young Lion
Reaction score
wow, so, it can be done for all kinds of moves? grapples, strikes, and running grapples? that would add a ton of versatility to a wrestler's moveset. would multiple specials be a thing? even if they're just slight variations of one move that'd be cool as hell.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Small update to the current rules menu:

54KkDlD.gif

Ignore the current font for the words and everything in the background. It is only meant to be used as a placeholder. Eventually I will have specific rules appear only in matches where they make sense. So, rules related to tag team matches will only appear for tag matches, deathmatch hazard types will only appear for deathmatches, the escape rule will only appear for cage matches, etc.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
christobassabu said:
wow, so, it can be done for all kinds of moves? grapples, strikes, and running grapples? that would add a ton of versatility to a wrestler's moveset. would multiple specials be a thing? even if they're just slight variations of one move that'd be cool as hell.
Of course, if we can for every other aspect, we certainly can for specials. I've actually written tutorials how to achieve variations of the same move, already.

As you can see, this version of the Rockbottom has two different opponent reactions.

1o23DKu.gif

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I might actually have specials available with weak grapples. We'll see.

I was considering things to add to increase the cpu difficulty, as well.

I'm currently re-writing the in-game artificial intelligence, going to make the cpu change tactics based on various situations. Hopefully it adds some flair. I may give the cpu some blatantly unfair advantages, as well.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Keson said:
I might actually have specials available with weak grapples. We'll see.

I was considering things to add to increase the cpu difficulty, as well.

I'm currently re-writing the in-game artificial intelligence, going to make the cpu change tactics based on various situations. Hopefully it adds some flair. I may give the cpu some blatantly unfair advantages, as well.
As long as the AI is not input reading everything we do I think it's all good and fair lol

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Hate to be the barer of bad news but the AI is already doing that.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Speaking of AI, we've been experimenting with manipulating the AI based on the situation/health opponent of the wrestler to add greater depth to rivalries/simming/gameplay.

As of now we are able to alter the AI and behavior of the CPU in much more detail, which will be bringing a much better experience for those who like to sim matches, and for people who have pretty much memorized the behavior of the default CPU AI.

Certain wrestlers will change their behaviors based on many factors (where they are in the arena, who they are wrestling, and even their health and match type). This will allow for more realistic behavior between rivals, ect.

We will also be adding bonuses/penalties for match specialties. Wrestlers will perform better in certain matches than others.

All the tools needed to write these codes, as well as write these detailed movesets, will be available in the creator's kit upon release, to allow the community to add/edit at their own personal leisure.

christobassabu

Young Lion
Reaction score
this all sounds amazing. i'd love to play, for example, jeff hardy vs rvd in a ladder match and actually see the cpu use the ladder more like their real life counterpart might. you're really taking things to the next level. you know this already, though.