AKI Evolution

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Fizanko said:
Does that mean that it's possible to assign a kipup to a specific move for a specific wrestler without impacting other wrestlers having a similar move or other moves using same standing up animation ?
That's exactly what I just did. It can be taken further even, to activate at a certain health limit and such. You can do a lot with moves in this game and half the time that's why there are delays, because I keep trying new stuff.

Lots of it is junk but some of it pans out.

There's no real preview for the gif, I just like how Eddie went for a low dropkick the same time I went for a flying forearm.

Fk0M8xe.gif

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No promises, but we are attempting to have an actual ref in-match for singles competition.

Though it says Player 1, the Rock is actually controlled by the cpu.

ajE6QCS.gif

Max_Nova_010

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'm just loving the process of this mod so far. I can't wait for it to be released.

metylerca

Young Lion
Reaction score
Seriously, this mod is looking awesome. I have longed for a game like this to someday exist.

N00B question, but is this going to be a mod you'd need the core No Mercy game, or are the mechanics of the game being changed as such to create an entirely new title? For instance, would a player need to load No Mercy in P64 and enable textures and cheats, or would simply running an AKI EVO file in P64 start up the fresh game?

Regardless, I appreciate the work the entire team is doing on this. I also would love to contribute to Patreon or Kickstarter to help the development however I can.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
You'll need the rom in order for this mod to work. Though many things are be re-written from the ground up, it's still just patched and codes on top of the original game.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Over the last few days, I have been working on ways to try to expand the rules menu. In vanilla No Mercy, only a maximum of 9 match options can fit on the rules menu. Using a system of unused activators, I increased that amount up to 17 slots for different rule possibilities. To do this, I had to change the static menu into a scrolling menu though.

VDOF6mY.gif

The additional options in this preview that are not normally found on this menu are just placeholders and the menu theme has not been updated yet to what it will look like in the final release.

So, now from this menu we could eventually select additional things like entrances (on/off), cage escape (on/off), CPU referee (maybe if I can get it working), hazards in the deathmatch (barbed wire ropes, corner items), ring out (on/off), elimination (on/off), stage types for 2/3 falls matches, etc.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
All those additions to menu and interface are excellent !

johnblud

Young Lion
Reaction score
this is all EXTREMELY impressive. wow. i'm already excited to play it in general, but i'm also excited to play it to see how you guys are going about unlocking characters in the game. sounds really fun. keep up the great work!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
CM Punk attire showcase. By VictorVlast, ChuckiPK, and Randymanfoo

fSeemHA.gif

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nice work on the ramp and on the way you can throw people off of it now man, needs some work as they fall down too quickly but you guys can work that out!!

BTW, I just found this channel that shows the history of some arenas like RAW, Nitro, etc also he just started doing the history of wrestler attires, you can view Scott Hall's here:

Here is the link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NikateeN/videos?disable_polymer=1

Also be good for the WCW mod as well!!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I did notice that they fell a fraction of a second early after I uploaded the preview. I believe that problem occurs because of the actual move. It seems like quite a few moves in the original game can break through the announcers table a few animation frames too early which is what causes the bug. I would like to eventually go through and fix this for every move in the game.

Those YouTube videos look like they could be useful to us in the future. Thanks for sharing them!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
This is a (very) rough WIP, but I am working on reintegrating the combo system back into No Mercy. Been lots of trial and error, but with animation importing (thanks to WldFb, Stylez and freem), some distance mods and a bit of elbow grease, we should be able to have something presentable when we are done.

Distance mods have not been applied, yet. This is a WIP.
1NxjgN0.gif

christobassabu

Young Lion
Reaction score
wow. this just keeps getting better and better. multiple ladders?! moves off the ramp?! sweeeet.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think I figured out how to fix the "moves out of the ring" system that I was working on last year. Instead of setting up activators that decide whether or not you are close enough to the edge of the ring for a move to go to the outside, we can instead just replace the normal throw out of the ring animation with a new move specific to each wrestler.

WvE7x6y.gif

(This is just a normal move hack using WldFb's Move Hack Converter and Toki2 mods.)

If I can get this working completely, these new move animations can eventually be chosen depending on the situation:

- If a wrestler does not have a finisher and they perform a weak grapple to toss them out, they will do the default toss through the ropes. If they don't have a finisher and perform a strong grapple to toss them out, they will throw over the top rope.

- If the match is a Royal Rumble and a wrestler performs a weak grapple to a toss out of the ring, they can perform the throw over the top rope animation.

- If they do have a finisher and perform the toss out of the ring, then it will be a specific move for each wrestler.

Each wrestler can potentially have their own specific tossing move:
- Undertaker can do the Chokeslam over the top.
- Rey can do a Hurricanrana out of the ring.
- Misawa can have the Tiger Suplex.
- Cena can do the AA/FU.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Awesome work man, incredible improvements to the default game!!

christobassabu

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
I think I figured out how to fix the "moves out of the ring" system that I was working on last year.
this would amazing. royal rumbles feel so silly in vanilla and showdown. really being able to act out what a real rumble would look like would be awesommmmeeee. i feel like that in and of itself would be mod worthy. just a fully fleshed out royal rumble system. can't wait for this, ahhhhh!