[Closed] [PS2/PSP/XBOX360] SMACKDOWN vs RAW 2010 ROSTER EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>prabhash.c12</dt><dd>Jul 19 2012, 08:22:06 AM</dd></dl><div>Your tool don't work with svr 11 files.[/quote]No shit sherlock!

Do you not read? Its for SVR2010 only!

Seriously, if you want a good stay at OSR I suggest you start using your brain.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I'm fine with 2010 support for now. As it is now I'd rather implement PS3/360 support and new features like belt importing.

It's not like making the editor work fully on 2011 would be something I'd make over the weekend...

If you knew how many hours I put into this...

prabhash.c12

Young Lion
Reaction score
How do you upload models in no model slots ad add superstars like Jeff Hardy,etc. and also when I rename A superstar and remove my save game then after running the game with a new save nothing is displayed only vacant.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>prabhash.c12</dt><dd>Jul 28 2012, 08:35:03 AM</dd></dl><div>What is bad if you make one for SVR 11 also?[/quote] :Da F**K?:

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>prabhash.c12</dt><dd>Jul 28 2012, 08:25:49 AM</dd></dl><div>How do you upload models in no model slots ad add superstars like Jeff Hardy,etc. and also when I rename A superstar and remove my save game then after running the game with a new save nothing is displayed only vacant.[/quote]Carefully read the readme.txt included with svredit.

Also, if that does not help you, look at the video by Arjun in the first post of this thread.

Reaction score
This editor is amazing and I thank nike for it, great work.

I've reported a weird problem to nikethebike at the WLF some time ago and it seems that it has happened again, so it may be worth mentioning. When I started using the editor (after reading tutorials, the readme, guides and watching Arjun's video so I wouldn't do anything wrong), my first reaction was to try to import some model to an avaible slot. I chose slot 108. After doing everything as I should, I rebuilt the ISO and tested via emulator... And that's when the game freezed at the very first loading screen. I tried again (deleting old files and using new ones) and got the same result. After asking for help and receiving it from WildForce67, he told me to try importing the model over an existing wrestler... And it worked. So I blamed the slot and started importing over the 2010 roster (after all I don't enjoy current WWE so it wouldn't be a big loss). Yesterday I finished my dream roster and decided to try the avaible slots once again, this time avoiding 108.

Well, it seems that slot 108 isn't the issue after all.

I just noticed that for some bizarre reason, sometimes models will get "lost" somewhere in the .ark file.
Let's say I'll have Bret in slot 108 (or any other that may present the issue). I edit his attributes and info and then I proceed to import the models (in-ring/entrance). I choose the attire/slot (01, for example), then the .pac file and hit the button... And it seems that the model does get imported to the .ark file/game and all, but the editor still shows nothing in "occupied slots". If I try again over the same slot, it may register the new attire/model but it won't work - if I rebuild the ISO, the game freezes at the loading screen, so the only way around it is going back to the backup files and trying a different slot. I verified and yes, it takes space of the .ark file, so basically it's going somewhere - I just don't know where.

I'm not sure what's happening, but the .pac files are all working. It's a really weird issue and yes, I'm avoiding those slots on the first page. I can also mention that a lot of the avaible slots worked, it happened with just a few. Any ideas? Happened to anyone else?

Reaction score
And sorry for the double post, but it seems that I can't edit my post anymore. So I would like to add:

All you noobs, really, what's the problem in spending some time to read and watch videos to learn how to friggin' use the editor? Start by learning how to read so you'll notice that it says "2010 editor". The time you're taking to annoy people around here is the same time you could be spending learning how to use it. I did it, why can't you? If I was able to learn surely you can learn it too? There's no mystery (besides the weird issue I reported above). Please, less posting and more reading. Arjun's video is also a fantastic way to learn how to use the editor.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Just throwing something out there to see if it might be this. I had it happen when i first started, it was just something i overlooked.

The pac file is named example BretHart1.pac & not something like

Bret Hart1.pac?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Yes, check so that you don't have any spaces in your paths, either to the editor or the file you are importing.

I also guess you are importing the character from within the editor? In that case what browser do you use?

Have you tried doing it from command line aswell?

Reaction score
No spaces in the filename. As I mentioned, the same .pac files worked fine over existing wrestlers and other slots. And that's where it gets weird: never it happened over certain slots and the game's roster. But you can be sure that if I try slot 108 now, it will happen... Though I know it is not the problem (after all a lot of you are using the very same slots).

I'm using Opera. Didn't try using command line yet, only for exporting.
I'm gonna try with a different browser and/or using CMD and let you know the results.

Edit: I tried via CMD and the result was similar: only the entrance model appears in "occupied slots" even though the in-game one was said to have been imported just fine. No errors or anything unusual in the cmd. Tried with the old slot 108.
Edit 2: Via editor with Internet Explorer showed the same results. I'm confused.

Edit 3: Reading the WWF Legends mod topic, I found an user called zhigge mentioning the following:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>yeah i know. that i've been doing that for a while.. but for some reason when i updated to the newer version of the roster editor i've been have major problems. I've had slots that normally work stop like the 108 109 119 slots as well as others that didn't work start working.. so i think i may just have a corrupted pc.[/quote]

Similar problem? Notice the slot 108 in the list (not sure if 109 and 199 were part of the others which gave me the same problem).

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm yeah, there must be a bug in the newer version. My test files were created on an older version of the tool. I've heard this now several times.

Would be good if I got some time over to look at this I guess...

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I will have to be able to recreate the problem, so that I can test. If it happens to work for me I can't fix it.

If you could help me by doing the following I'd appreciate it a lot.

Can you perhaps upload your changed arc file before (working) and after the edit (imported to problematic slot) so that I can compare the files?

Reaction score
Sure enough, Nike! I'll recreate the problem here and then upload the files.

Edit: This is a backup of the arc file I made yesterday, so it's working - http://www.mediafire.com/?54mdyoiugifwn9p
Now I tried slot 108 just for the sake of your request and yup, it happened. So here's the problematic arc - http://www.mediafire.com/?qllb8tmepye69nt

Notice that a few of the slots which gave me problems are edited. If I'm not mistaken, they are 197, 198 and 235.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
WilliamCampbell said:
All you noobs, really, what's the problem in spending some time to read and watch videos to learn how to friggin' use the editor? Start by learning how to read so you'll notice that it says "2010 editor". The time you're taking to annoy people around here is the same time you could be spending learning how to use it. I did it, why can't you? If I was able to learn surely you can learn it too? There's no mystery (besides the weird issue I reported above). Please, less posting and more reading. Arjun's video is also a fantastic way to learn how to use the editor.
Again. Another example why the OSR honour roll should be re-instated. Post of the month perhaps?

This is a prime example of a new member/SvR modder actually taking the time to learn and study the tutorials and use common sense, instead of posting stupid requests and asking passwords. William bro, I salute you.

Shame we lost contact so long ago, I remember you for Legends Kingdom. I was not a avid poster there, but remember chatting to you on a few occasions and you were so cool and level headed.

Hope you resolve the issue's with the editor and hope to see some SvR mods from you soon buddy.

Reaction score
Thank you! I can't express enough how thankful I feel because you guys have been so cool since I've joined the place. As I mentioned previously, it's always great to see a community that close. I made some good friends from all over the world in my time being a member of few forums, so I try to do what's best for the places and my friends. You don't ask for respect and you don't make people respect you. If you want respect, you shall give respect. If you want someone to be friendly to you, the best way is to actually be friendly to the person and so on.

And yah, I think it's common sense, really. I'm not sure how people feel comfortable just dropping by and throwing "ZOMG CAN I HAS MODS THX" kind of questions without dedicating some time to learn and/or read the information avaible. Heck, I didn't even know there were all those mods for the PS2 game until a few days ago... When I heard about it my first reaction was to learn how to do it and sure enough it was no mystery! It just takes a bit of reading and trying yourself.

I usually don't have anything against people who are new to something because I also was a "noob" one day, when I found out what was the internet. But you also need some common sense and respect before you ask for help. There are literally lots of tutorials/guides and videos around the web about using nikethebike's editor and how to mod the game. The editor itself comes with a readme file explaining the basics... It's not hard, not even a bit. The chances of being successful in your first try are HIGH - I know I would have done it if it wasn't for that bug - because the editor is very straightforward, there's no mystery if you just read/watch and learn. I believe that the problem is that kids mostly don't care about reading because "IT SUCKS LOL" or something... But heck, not even this is an excuse since Arjun made some videos that are very helpful for those willing to learn and try. And when it comes to PSP, passwords, 2011 support, etc, well, it's all common sense. Most of these questions were already answered.

I thank you AKI Man for your comments! And I'm sorry if I offended anyone of good will with my opinion and previous posts but please: take your time to read/watch tutorials! You'll find out that it's pretty easy. And take your time to read the information given by the editor's creator to know about it, its future, etc. Again: there's no mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.