[Closed] [PS2/PSP/XBOX360] SMACKDOWN vs RAW 2010 ROSTER EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrKAdoS

Legend
Reaction score
with Arjun tool, you don't need to run cmd. you just use the .exe file and select the original .pac file and the file that you want to import. it will automatically import for you and give you XX and YY values. then you can [manually] search in the arc file for the right position and put the XX and YY values.

RedeyeJedi

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Nike, you da man!! I appreciate all the hard work you put into this. Thanks man!

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Kaitlyn Mustache Man</dt><dd>Jan 26 2013, 06:22:44 PM</dd></dl><div>with Arjun tool, you don't need to run cmd. you just use the .exe file and select the original .pac file and the file that you want to import. it will automatically import for you and give you XX and YY values. then you can [manually] search in the arc file for the right position and put the XX and YY values.[/quote]Ok.

So you still need to hex edit manually then. That is not needed AT ALL with this function so that is one improvement. You just need to know the pac file name to import to and what the id to update in the arc is (and how you reach the unique correct one by using "/"). I expect some new tutorials specifying these things perhaps? :)

However, note that the import_any function is a bit advanced. Putting in the wrong values can mess up your ARC file.

I hope this method can be used by the ones that normally hex edit and that they can find some id-strings and write tutorials so that the n00bs that does not do HEX edit can use the function to import menu images and other things as well.

One advantage of using cmd-line is that you can for example create batch-scripts (.bat in windows) that execute several commands in a row, for example installs a bunch of menu screens for you. I had one that filled up all my no model slots with characters from the old games.

Also, I can put stuff in the editor interface if I can execute the full command from command line. An exe file with a GUI cannot be integrated into another tool the same way unless it has also some other interface. I wish x-packer and the arjun tools had this as I would not need to write all code myself if that was the case, but instead I could reuse their stuff for the editor to save time.

OrKAdoS

Legend
Reaction score
so, it all depends on what each one prefers..
I don't have problems with hex editing or with cmd commands, but I think the Arjun tool is more simple to use and i don't take more than 30 sec. to open the arc file on HxD use ctrl+f to find what i need and just paste the XX and YY.
but as i said above, it all depends on what each one prefers...

but anyway it is a great job to improve the editor even more. Congrats!

a3l_public

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Clicked on Download Link about 5 times and in 3 different browsers but nothing happen
just keep loading and don't start the download.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Disable your firewall, perhaps you accidentally added the site to a blocked list.

Lawzy

Young Lion
Reaction score
This tool is phenomenal..I've been building my custom SvR game while learning how all of this works. What I've done so far would have taken forever without your tool. Major thanks Nike, I'll try and donate something when I have the funds.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Lawzy said:
This tool is phenomenal..I've been building my custom SvR game while learning how all of this works. What I've done so far would have taken forever without your tool. Major thanks Nike, I'll try and donate something when I have the funds.
a noob who not only speaks english but appreciates whats available without making 50 requests?

:hi WELL DONE

Lawzy

Young Lion
Reaction score
Haha, thanks..It's weird being called a n00b, I used to run the biggest SD1/2 hacking forum on the net! Times have changed since those crazy gameshark code days..Messing around with PAC files and hex editors is all new to me, haha.

Syth1

Opener
Reaction score
Hey Nike. Perhaps here's another feature that you can add in the future: Export wrestler's pac files individually from within the editor. Let's say I lose all of my work ,but I have an ISO of my edited game.The only way of getting my stuff back is by exporting all of the CH pac files from the ISO and going through all of the files,taking up precious time.

Nice addition to the editor by the way. I know nothing of hex editing, so I'm not sure how this will help out in editing.Maybe a tutorial someone?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
you need tutorial how to use new feature read the readme file i was't know too but when i read it i understond

Status
Not open for further replies.