Showdown 64

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't want to get annoying here, but I already did that. I go to advanced and then select dump all textures and hit okay. But after that what? You said to do this and then dump my textures, but how?

Sorry if I seem like a total noob, I've been doing this on 1.6 but this is my first time on 2.1. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Scroll to where new textures are. Seriously. Just turn it on, and start moving from one place to another. Just like 1.6.

JabbaTheHutt

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson, seriously, you have completed me!! I can't get a break from this game.

Amazing work.

Tips to the other new guys:

Make sure you restart Project 64 after you move all the files and changed the settings (texture folders, setting up controllers, plugins, etc). Also, make sure you have the memory pak enabled.

Then restart Project 64.

After restarting Project 64, enable cheats for Showdown 64, then reboot the game and you're good to go.

I made some issues even after following directions, but it was all innocent oversights, so hopefully this helps all the new guys.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I finally figured it out, but I had to delete Project 64 and then reinstall it on another drive. Now hopefully I can do some modding. I especially like how in 2.1 you don't have to cut up the arena textures into four parts, this makes it way easier.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Rey Mysterio has a movie where he can splash you if your in the corner, would it be possible to give that to sting? Unless he already has that move and i just cant figure out how to do it.

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
I finally figured it out, but I had to delete Project 64 and then reinstall it on another drive. Now hopefully I can do some modding. I especially like how in 2.1 you don't have to cut up the arena textures into four parts, this makes it way easier.
you can have one arena texture in 1.6 it's just about how you code it

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Start Screen by ronaldrain
Simply place it in your interface folder and you are good to go. Thanks for the start screen, man! I really appreciate it. :)

I know I said I'd post a preview last night but it didn't happen. We'll have the next preview up soon, though.

@OptimusCrime: When your opponent is in the corner and you are running at him, press both the 'A' and 'B' buttons simultaneously to unleash the Stinger Splash. ;)

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No problem.

Got a start on the Gorgeous One (with help from wolfpac_69), but I haven't made his robe yet, which is pretty much essential.

kqgHgPx.png

CrIpPeN

Young Lion
Reaction score
mod doesn't work for me i get the camera showing only legs and i can't change option.

moonmaster1

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey folks, its been awhile. Probably a good couple years.

Anyways I just tried your mod tonight kesson, I'm blown away. Sure beats playing WWE12' any day of the week.

Anyways I found a few things I found a bit off during my playthrough. If they were already resolved it just means I need to browse a few more page before a flap my gums. Anyways, my musings.

1.I can't seem to find a way to tone down the expert difficulty, I watched Kevin Nash chain wrestle with Paul Heyman's client who ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar (ME)...and win. *Didn't help that we on WCW Nitro*

2.The game crashes after any prolonged fighting outside of the ring. Throw a guy Backstage, Instant crash.

Other than this, Its the first No Mercy mod I got work with no corruption errors when unzipping, simple instructions and a well stacked roster. My brother will think its christmas. #thankyoukessonforearlychristmas!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
One thing I am wondering about is with Roddy Pipers moveset. He seems to do the jumping knee strike a lot. Did he do this in real life?
moonmaster1 said:
Hey folks, its been awhile. Probably a good couple years.

Anyways I just tried your mod tonight kesson, I'm blown away. Sure beats playing WWE12' any day of the week.

Anyways I found a few things I found a bit off during my playthrough. If they were already resolved it just means I need to browse a few more page before a flap my gums. Anyways, my musings.

1.I can't seem to find a way to tone down the expert difficulty, I watched Kevin Nash chain wrestle with Paul Heyman's client who ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania, Paul Heyman's client who ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar (ME)...and win. *Didn't help that we on WCW Nitro*

2.The game crashes after any prolonged fighting outside of the ring. Throw a guy Backstage, Instant crash.

Other than this, Its the first No Mercy mod I got work with no corruption errors when unzipping, simple instructions and a well stacked roster. My brother will think its christmas. #thankyoukessonforearlychristmas!
I also noticed a problem when guys go to the outside. It just froze on me in a four player battle royal and two guys brawling on the outside. Is there fix for this?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I'm not sure, but I believe the Undertaker at Wrestlemania code is the cause of this. Try un-ticking it and let me know what happens.

I don't have a lot of time right now to test it, so if someone can go down the line and see what cheat is causing this, you'll be helping a lot of people out.

moonmaster1

Young Lion
Reaction score
It appears That Both Undertaker/Harder to get a two count code has no effect on the difficulty slider in the options screen.

However I BOlieve the story mode and survival modes may have lower difficulty as there are no sliders present to change it from the default.

J

jabberbox

Crowd Member
Great looking mod! Having lots of fun with it. The only issue I've noticed..when playing as Kevin Steen hos Package Piledriver causes a glitch. Your opponent falls before you do and then we both end up out into the crowd..not sure if it's a setting that I need to change.

Thanks!

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
jabberbox said:
Great looking mod! Having lots of fun with it. The only issue I've noticed..when playing as Kevin Steen hos Package Piledriver causes a glitch. Your opponent falls before you do and then we both end up out into the crowd..not sure if it's a setting that I need to change.

Thanks!
I think the Angel Wings hack might be interfering with it seeing as I think they both replace the pedigree. Untick that and try.

Nova

Young Lion
Reaction score
My main issue seems to be the cheat file.. I'm super noobish when it comes to modding(In fact, this is my first mod on no mercy). I have the textures correct but I don't see "hidden characters" and "showdown 64" in the cheats

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
Did you put the cht file in the Config folder of PJ 2.1?

Nova

Young Lion
Reaction score
Yes I did.. I can view the .cht file itself in notepad.. But in game, under the cheats menu it's not there.. Is it quite possible i'm needing to re install 2.1??
Okay I see where my issue actually was.. I was using the no mercy rev a rom instead of the regular no mercy rom.. Changed roms and boom there goes the cheats.. Wow.. Never knew the two would be such a difference..