Showdown 64

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another epic streak match for you guys, just like there match at Wrestlemania 25:

Loving the updates, and all the new findings guys!! This mod is becoming something colossal!!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Coming soon to an emulator near you: a complete overhaul of the weapon system in Showdown 64. This is a project that I have been working on for the last month which improves weapons in the game. The current version adds arena specific weapon probabilities to the game. This means that if you are fighting in the WWE Raw arena, you will only see the weapons currently seen on WWE TV such as the ring bell, chairs, and kendo sticks. However, if you select the ECW arena, there will be a much larger weapon variety such as a barbed wire 2x4, beer bottles, chairs, trash cans, kendo sticks, and many more. In addition to arena specific weapon probabilities, I have also implemented arena specific graphics for a few of the weapons. Now, if you have a ladder match in the WWE Raw arena, the ladder will have the silver coloring similar to what is currently used in WWE. If you select the NXT arena, the ladder will now have the black and yellow design seen in the first NXT ladder match. There are also 3 other different ladder graphics that you can obtain from selecting different arenas. Other than the ladder, the arena specific weapon graphics also work with chairs and championships (WHICH NOW HAVE NON-MIRRORED GRAPHICS). The third thing that I have added is new graphics for almost every weapon in the game. Finally, there are now a few weapons that can perform special actions. For example, you can now retrieve a bag of thumbtacks and drop it on the ground to spread thumbtacks across the mat, trash cans are now able to be dented, and there is now a breakable guitar.

Here are the weapons that are included so far in this project's current version:
- Sting's Black Bat
- Sledgehammer
- Nightstick
- Barbed Wire 2x4
- Guitar (Breakable)
- Kendo Stick
- Pool Cue
- Sickle
- Bag of Thumbtacks (Drop at ring height to turn into Thumbtacks)
- Beer Bottle
- Fluorescent Light Tube (Breakable) - Credit: killacam
- Crutch (Fixed Showdown 64's alignment issue)
- Chair (5 arena specific variations)
- Table Piece (Fixed Showdown 64's alignment issue)
- Cinder Block - Credit: Wolfpac_69
- Trash Can Lid
- Money in the Bank Briefcase
- Jake Roberts's Snake Bag
- Stop Sign
- Trash Can (Dentable)
- Non-mirrored Championships (8 arena specific variations)
- Ring Bell
- Barbed Wire Board
- Ladder (5 arena specific variations)

Here are a few previews:
ReOnjvs.gif

Qxr2zQ0.png

8F5QG8a.png

19FX1bF.png

52vEmH4.gif

mlvboCo.png

ZAA0aov.png

mMmym4A.png

n69dr7E.png

LEsa7RM.png

1cpfg2j.png

M2Vl6Ph.png

DNo3eqk.png

YSiURVR.png

RtdDmNc.png

r4rYjzU.png

pCLuSHX.png

lbPh4lV.png

mqCwSGH.png

3FmzGTv.png

vXtsWP5.png

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Big thanks to Chuck, I tested this last night and it's an amazing body of work he's done.

All of you guys who are contributing to this project are amazing.

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
wiseman said:
When should we see this uploaded?
When your balls drop baby dick, you stupid twat. All this work and all you can do is ask when its coming out? God you're fuckin dumb.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
wiseman said:
When should we see this uploaded?
Pretty sure I already said it's going to be a looooong time.

No, I am 100% certain I already gave a basic idea how long people have to wait.

Every time someone asks when I am going to upload this, I stop working on it out of principle. Try pro wrestling, working a job and modding all at once sometime.

But hey, if someone funds my living expenses, that'll help speed it along. :)

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
The weapons changing arena from arena made my jaw drop I can't believe you can actually do that
Will the thumbtacks have like a damage mod where landing on the tacks do more damage?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
We can put damage mods on anything we want now.

The hacks we've come up with the last two months are pretty sweet. Stylez and Chuck are just... awesome.

And a sweet new interface? 20 more arenas? Deeper movesets and hidden characters?

Oh yeah.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Speaking of the interface...

I plan on beginning the new superstar select screen(s) tomorrow.

I'm going to do 2 versions:

1. Basic/General Showdown Superstar Select screen.

2. Changing superstar select screens based on the groups/pages of wrestlers in the game using the code posted earlier in this thread.

NMCM

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Amazing body of work here guys. Those hacks look incredible.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Wow, un mirrored belts! I'm excited for sure this is great work Keson, it's getting to the point where you should charge money for it, lol

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
fNij1U.jpg

I'm debating if I want to go through the process of texturing the heights, weights, and maybe even the names. That would be one hell of an undertaking, but man would it look slick...

I may forego the idea of the changing select screen for the time being and do that instead. Decisions, decisions....

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Thanks.

On further review, there are several possible name texture conflicts, so texturing the names will be a no-go. Bummer.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
nice touch TJ. With all the new stuff youre adding its really looking like a brand new game.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
What are the name texturing conflicts? Any conflict I know of can be fix simply by using gibberish for the name texture. I actually had an idea for custom fonts/pics for each wrestler (See Goldberg) but didn't have time to follow through on it.

The background is PERFECT. Give it that old school big fight feel,which I always wanted.

That looks awesome, man. Not gonna lie. I love it. I love it like a milkshake.

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
Wow TJPunk that select screen background looks PERFECT!

That's so sleek and stylish and totally befitting the theme.

And Chuckiepk, those weapon mods just have me stunned. This stuff is beyond belief.