Showdown 64

J

jets

Crowd Member
Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you very much to everyone that had any kind of part in bringing this to fruition. I just got this 5.5 with the proper cheat file installed yesterday and have been playing ever since. Everything is working correctly. I have corrected everything with the extra arenas folder etc. I am having a problem with the Championship mode. I cannot seem to get past chapter 5 or 6 with Steve Austin without starting a match and his moves suddenly changed into The Rocks. I have gone on to finish 3 more matches after this to see if the moves would change back but once they change to The Rocks moveset, they don't go back to Austins. Everything works outside of Championship mode and everyone's moves are correct. Is there a way to fix this or does Championship mode just not work? Thank you to everyone who replies.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you very much to everyone that had any kind of part in bringing this to fruition. I just got this 5.5 with the proper cheat file installed yesterday and have been playing ever since. Everything is working correctly. I have corrected everything with the extra arenas folder etc. I am having a problem with the Championship mode. I cannot seem to get past chapter 5 or 6 with Steve Austin without starting a match and his moves suddenly changed into The Rocks. I have gone on to finish 3 more matches after this to see if the moves would change back but once they change to The Rocks moveset, they don't go back to Austins. Everything works outside of Championship mode and everyone's moves are correct. Is there a way to fix this or does Championship mode just not work? Thank you to everyone who replies.[/quote]
Sounds like the same problem i observed during a royal rumble, Austin moveset is getting switched to the Rock moveset when he shows up, while things works correctly in exhibition 1vs1 oddly.

I checked in the edit mode, selected Austin and indeed his moveset is the same as the Rock, so i assume the Austin movset is changed/replaced at gameplay time by the cheat codes.

And it's then likely that the royal rumble and championship aren't using the same memory adresses to store codes, and so the game use the actual defined moveset, that is indeed the Rock one.
I don't know if manually editing Austin moveset in the edit superstar mode would fix it or would just break things with cheat codes not applying correctly in exhibition anymore then ?

Ned Peters

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
I am finally finished with my exams for the semester so I can now get back to working on improving the weapons system and creating the new match type menu. Up first I have a preview for the OVW Championship that will be activated when the OVW arena is selected.

4mQiQJA.png

In addition, I have a preview of the IWA Japan/FMW style barbed wire death match that I have been working on for the new match type menu. I have tried to make it look similar to the match between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk from the finals of the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament. I am almost finished with it. So far, I have succeeded in making the barbed wire ring ropes, the exploding barbed wire boards in the corners, and the reaction/damage for a 10 minute time bomb. All that I have left to do is make the code for the time bomb explosion's visuals and then fix a few bugs. As of right now, this is my favorite match code that I have created so far. The match can get pretty chaotic especially if you invite some friends over to play a 4-way elimination match.

rl2TI3B.png
Wow this looks amazing! Has this been released yet?
Hey I'm new to Showdone just got it up and running and have a couple of questions:

How do you store specials?

Is there a way to edit the wrestlers moves and save it?

Ned Peters

Young Lion
Reaction score
Is there any version of the editor that isn't Microsoft Office or Exel?

Eidt: nevermind found it. Thanks! Just looking for the arena pack downloads now. Especially ROH. Many of the arena downloads are down, is there a pack somewhere for the ones that have been featured in Showdown?

Edit: Okay I've found some arenas. How do I swap one of them out with the ones in Showdown? Where do I extract the folder, the Arenas folder has an Arenas folder inside of it? I know to add the GS code, how do I know which custom arena replaces what? Can I mix and match a pack of arenas to use at the same time? And I downloaded a new AJ Styles to replace Showdown's attire of him, how do I replace it? Sorry for all the noob ass questions!

If anyone can re-up any of the ROH arenas that would be awesome!
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>The NekoMancer</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 08:03:33 AM</dd></dl><div>You edit wresrtler's movesets with WldFb's editor. It's so easy even I can use it.[/quote]Can you help me figure out the basics of how to use this since i can't find a tutorial? In the program how do I pick to start editing a specific person's moveset? And how does that work with Showdown having 4 different movesets per person?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Ned Peters</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 06:42:38 AM</dd></dl><div>
Chuckiepk said:
I am finally finished with my exams for the semester so I can now get back to working on improving the weapons system and creating the new match type menu. Up first I have a preview for the OVW Championship that will be activated when the OVW arena is selected.

4mQiQJA.png

In addition, I have a preview of the IWA Japan/FMW style barbed wire death match that I have been working on for the new match type menu. I have tried to make it look similar to the match between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk from the finals of the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament. I am almost finished with it. So far, I have succeeded in making the barbed wire ring ropes, the exploding barbed wire boards in the corners, and the reaction/damage for a 10 minute time bomb. All that I have left to do is make the code for the time bomb explosion's visuals and then fix a few bugs. As of right now, this is my favorite match code that I have created so far. The match can get pretty chaotic especially if you invite some friends over to play a 4-way elimination match.

rl2TI3B.png
Wow this looks amazing! Has this been released yet?
Hey I'm new to Showdone just got it up and running and have a couple of questions:

How do you store specials?

Is there a way to edit the wrestlers moves and save it?[/quote]It has not been released yet. I am still working on adding many new features to it that I think everyone will enjoy. I am hoping that it will not take too much longer for me to complete everything now that I am finished with all of my final exams for college. I am currently in the process of converting all of the wrestlers' head textures so that they work with Flashman's non-mirrored head rom. It is taking a while to do because there are around 260 of them to do. However, it will be worth it because it enables us to create guys with non-symmetrical hair such as the Shinsuke Nakamura that I showed off earlier.

J

jets

Crowd Member
Fizanko said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you very much to everyone that had any kind of part in bringing this to fruition. I just got this 5.5 with the proper cheat file installed yesterday and have been playing ever since. Everything is working correctly. I have corrected everything with the extra arenas folder etc. I am having a problem with the Championship mode. I cannot seem to get past chapter 5 or 6 with Steve Austin without starting a match and his moves suddenly changed into The Rocks. I have gone on to finish 3 more matches after this to see if the moves would change back but once they change to The Rocks moveset, they don't go back to Austins. Everything works outside of Championship mode and everyone's moves are correct. Is there a way to fix this or does Championship mode just not work? Thank you to everyone who replies.
Sounds like the same problem i observed during a royal rumble, Austin moveset is getting switched to the Rock moveset when he shows up, while things works correctly in exhibition 1vs1 oddly.

I checked in the edit mode, selected Austin and indeed his moveset is the same as the Rock, so i assume the Austin movset is changed/replaced at gameplay time by the cheat codes.

And it's then likely that the royal rumble and championship aren't using the same memory adresses to store codes, and so the game use the actual defined moveset, that is indeed the Rock one.
I don't know if manually editing Austin moveset in the edit superstar mode would fix it or would just break things with cheat codes not applying correctly in exhibition anymore then ?
[/quote]Yeah, I don't know how to fix it. I don't have issues with the royal rumble but I've never had The Rock come out. I start having issues in the Championship mode when I have to fight Eddie Guerrero and AJ. Eddie will be doing Austins taunts but his own moves and Austin all of a sudden has The Rocks. Is anyone else able to go through Championship mode with a wrestler who isn't the first attire without their moveset changing back to default at some point?

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
it's been a while since a update to this game? is there a timeframe for the next update

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
There is not really an exact time frame yet for the next update. Hopefully, it will be sometime this summer. I have been a little busy over the last week with my graduation from college and also with setting up an appointment to have a surgery on my meniscus that I tore while competing on my college's wrestling team. I have still been working on Showdown a little but most of what I am working on is just coding that does not result in much that I can show previews for. I do have a few previews of how the new match type menu and Wolfpac_69's arena menu are coming though.

QdZMKdZ.jpg

A9otjvp.jpg

5flt7HC.jpg

2TFfHCd.jpg

fVu5HE3.jpg
Hope everyone likes them.[/SPOILER]

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

and here is an hard hitting one lol:

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Unholy Alliance (Mikey Whipwreck, Yoshihiro Tajiri, and "The Sinister Minister" James Mitchell)
jCibHEr.png

Credit: Tajiri by Fofo

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
thank you Chuckiepk for those previews-updates. life comes first. focus on your studies.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Keson said:
I love it except the face. Which I made months ago.

I'll send a better face pic. :)
Is this face any better? I might need to adjust the color a little more.

SJOG3n9.png
SpGDovf.png
IaRPk6l.png

Here is another small detail that I have started working on for Showdown 64 that adds another layer of immersion into the game. You may have noticed that not all rings are the same size in real life. For example, WWE uses a 20-foot by 20-foot ring, while in the past WCW and ECW used, and TNA has used, an 18-foot by 18-foot ring. Today, I tried to implement this feature into the game. So, if you select an arena that would normally use a larger ring, the match will use the normal match ring. If you choose an arena that would normally use a smaller ring, the match will use the ring normally used in cage matches (which is slightly shorter on each side).

Okbhu0Z.gif

L

Loves2splooge

Crowd Member
New too the site. so many years wasted searching for a replacement to No Mercy, and this was here the entire time. 2 questions for ya... Is the commentary actually in the mod??? Is there a youtube video or anything for "how to download this" for those that somehow still dont know how to use a computer?
-Chow, Roberto