Showdown 64

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
i1tUJt.gif

The spirit meters! They flash again!

I have 1P, 2P, and CP meters done. All that is left now is 3P and 4P.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
TJPunk said:
i1tUJt.gif

The spirit meters! They flash again!

I have 1P, 2P, and CP meters done. All that is left now is 3P and 4P.
That's glorious! Glorious, I say!

RVD Moveset updates:

Running Grapples

QSWHzTA.gif

A - Monkey Flip
A+C Down - Hurricanrana
A+C Right - Running DDT 02
A+C Up - Tornado DDT
A+Z - Headscissors 1

Standing Strikes

emPsrQw.gif

7 extra strikes added (depending on d-pad direction) so you can have a ton of kicks, just like the Real F'n Show.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
I love that it's possible to make movesets deeper than before. Awesome. Simply awesome.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
And we can expand them deeper or not at all depending on the real life counter part. Some guys will have better ground work, some guys strikes, some guys grapples, jumping attacks, ect.

Lots of work to be done. No release in sight.

spektarm

Young Lion
Reaction score
Holy shit, Mysterio's and RVD's running grapples and kicks look sick!!

And also the spirit bars and name bars are fantastic - I think this should be the final version! Do you guys agree?

:celebrate:

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Damn it seriously looks like a whole new game with all the on screen changes. nice job TJ.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Ahem... If I may take a little liberty, lol.

Anyone who uses the dislike button to flat out be an asshole will/should be banned for an entire week by yours truly.

Seriously, one of the base rules of this forum is NOT TO BE A FUCKING DICK.

Some people are legitimately trying to help and contribute with what they can and others come and COWARDLY berate what they do with that attitude, because they can't even make an actual post stating WHAT bothers them, or WHY it does.

Knock it off!

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another survival mode match for you guys:

Absolutely love all the updates that everyone is putting on this, hell you guys are putting the guys at 2K to shame....badly lol!!
here is another epic match for you guys:

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Lost.For.Words.

This has come such a long way since the Triple Threat save days and am so amazed at the work and dedication that has been put in by all if the contributors of this save. Massive appreciation and respect from me guys.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Thanks dude, good to see ya. :)

Samoa Joe running grapples:

BLle56T.gif

B = Chin Breaker
C Down = Sambo Suplex
C Right = T-Bone Suplex
C Up = Running DDT 1
Z = Chokeslam

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
Multiple running grapples is a great idea: I honestly can't imagine why it wasn't implemented by other save projects sooner (I seem to recall an old GS moveset that gave the wrestler in question a running grapple that alternated between 2 different moves but I could be mistaken). No Mercy's moveset options are already extremely diverse & varied but this and the other tweaks you're making to the core gameplay will diversify the moveset pools even further & make the matches more exciting to play as a result. Adding more wrestlers is of course very much appreciated (not to mention adding Rick Martel mainly for my benefit :D) but it's all the changes to how the game works/controls that is really getting me salivating

damian001

Young Lion
Reaction score
NLG said:
Multiple running grapples is a great idea: I honestly can't imagine why it wasn't implemented by other save projects sooner (I seem to recall an old GS moveset that gave the wrestler in question a running grapple that alternated between 2 different moves but I could be mistaken). No Mercy's moveset options are already extremely diverse & varied but this and the other tweaks you're making to the core gameplay will diversify the moveset pools even further & make the matches more exciting to play as a result. Adding more wrestlers is of course very much appreciated (not to mention adding Rick Martel mainly for my benefit :D) but it's all the changes to how the game works/controls that is really getting me salivating
I think most people never attempted it for saves for (or in general) because I believe only a human player would be able to make those running grapples work? I don't think the CPU would be perform them because they're special button combinations.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
For the multiple button activators, yes. For the organic multiple moves like Steamboat's, the CPU will perform the new moves. As they have activators based on circumstance.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
What does that have to do with Showdown 64? I knew you've never looked around this site.

OptimusCrime

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
What does it have to do with showdown? well it is the official page for it right? or am i not "looking around"?
all im saying is its cool now. before i would change the layout myself and it always gave me errors.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
No, this is a thread on a forum called "Old Skool Reunion". The theme changes have nothing to do with Showdown. If you actually left this thread you'd know that. See the big words in the first post? I mean it.

You're not looking around the rest of the board. And that's bothersome, because plenty of times you've asked about codes/mods and we've asked you to look around over the last TWO YEARS, and you've swore that you have. Being an admin of this site, I know what every member does and where they go. Which means I know that you've made zero effort to look for the hack requests you make, or just look beyond THIS THREAD for ANYTHING.

And then you bump the Showdown topic for something concerning the board called "Old Skool Reunion." And then you tell me it's okay because this is the official page for Showdown.

Old Skool Reunion is nearly 5 years old. Get a fucking hint how this place runs and start looking outside this thread to avoid stupid posts like that.

Fuck's sake, it's annoying. Okay?

It's extremely fucking annoying to have a nearly two year member still not be aware of these things. Look around more, please. I greatly dislike posts that have nothing to do with Showdown. Like the new theme? Tell the staff in the section of the board that EVERYONE ELSE is discussing the new theme.

I don't feel like being polite about this kind of stuff to people that have been here a long time. I'm not being a jerk, you're being rude for not making a single effort to actually explore the rest of the board and the No Mercy section.

Don't make posts that have nothing to do with Showdown. Warned. Stop acting like you've been here a week.
Oh, and I have a 5.5 beta for sale for members with enough OSR bucks.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
You really are something special, Optimus. No, really, this time you crossed the line. Have you tried the SVR section? There's more guys like you over there.